Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I.N.R.I posted:

Imma charging ma vaper

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

problematic hug

mango gay touchies posted:

Well, that's enough for posting in byob I think, have a nice night gentlemen

come on back any time :)

Fart Fuck Hell 5

:spooky:Happy Halloweeeen!:spooky:

pig slut lisa posted:

in a joke forum, when someone does something foolish like sending you their address and photo ID, you should post a serious statement warning everyone of the perils of sending your identifying information over the internet. maybe something like "attention everyone, when you send someone your address they are able to look it up online. please be careful about sending your information over the internet."

what you should NOT DO, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, in a joke forum, when someone does something foolish like sending you their address and photo ID, is post a joke like "i saw ur house on google maps"

Any other victims you'd like to blame tonight?

Mintergalactic

also, before I go, I noticed someone said something about being annoyed by the influx of a lot of no-content unfunny threads, but I was under the assumption that this was the entire purpose of the subforum?

Fart Fuck Hell 5

:spooky:Happy Halloweeeen!:spooky:

pig slut lisa posted:

in a joke forum, when someone does something foolish like sending you their address and photo ID, you should post a serious statement warning everyone of the perils of sending your identifying information over the internet. maybe something like "attention everyone, when you send someone your address they are able to look it up online. please be careful about sending your information over the internet."

what you should NOT DO, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, in a joke forum, when someone does something foolish like sending you their address and photo ID, is post a joke like "i saw ur house on google maps"

WindmillSlayer posted:

It scared me, when the BYOB mod went "Oh hey, person who's been calling me a bad IK in chat, I know where you live ;)"

bwatts

also, before I go, I noticed someone said something about being annoyed by the influx of a lot of no-content unfunny threads, but I was under the assumption that this was the entire purpose of the subforum?

it is.

Mintergalactic

I'm annoyed at this water for being wet. Why are you so wet, water? Stop it.

Disco_Bandit

Bureaus Watts posted:

how is somebody who is literally supposed to be a trusted member of the community using your real-life information at a later date after you have fallen out as a way to get one up on you, and then probating people who bring it up, minor?

because this is like the google maps equivalent of children saying "I have your IP address" like it's supposed to be scary

nothing really happened overall

literally this big

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

yes, but you're supposed to be high when you write them

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

Illegal Carrot posted:

yes, but you're supposed to be high when you write them

and they're supposed to be funny also (in theory)

bwatts

bawbzilla posted:

because this is like the google maps equivalent of children saying "I have your IP address" like it's supposed to be scary

nothing really happened overall

jesus christ

pig slut lisa

irl is good

finally something substantive, tyvm :tipshat:

Disco_Bandit

Bureaus Watts posted:

jesus christ

acting exasperated won't really do much, just relax and wait for things to shape up so you actually know exactly what to be mad about

I.N.R.I
hmm,...

WindmillSlayer posted:

It scared me, when the BYOB mod went "Oh hey, person who's been calling me a bad IK in chat, I know where you live ;)"

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
doody farts :downs:

Daikatana Ritsu

it's chill to use information given to you as a bargaining chip to stop people from making fun of you in the chill forum.

that's just what chillin' is about.

wwry
demod the sicko

bwatts

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it's chill to use information given to you as a bargaining chip to stop people from making fun of you in the chill forum.

that's just what chillin' is about.

wwry posted:

demod the sicko

Bloodfart McCoy

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Most unchill. This is all so shocking :ohdear:

joke_explainer

Siluvayne posted:

Huh. A serious issue, used as fodder for thread spamming histrionic jokes.

At first I was pretty sure it was just a joke, then I was informed it wasn't a joke, but a legitimate serious problem. But then the issue was still presented in the format of a joke. If there is actual proof behind the accusations, then it is shameful that it is being dealt with in this way.

The forums posters who are concerned should reconsider their attempts to promote their cause, if they want to gain allies instead of alienating people.

I really don't think it's anything. I don't know if WMS really feels scared or not. If she does, she is being silly -- Arnie is not stalking WMS and not going to do anything to her. WMS willingly bought something from Arnie, outside of SA via Paypal, and Paypal emails you seller information when someone buys poo poo from you, including the address on your CC.

Google Maps is a global database of address information. Arnie didn't track anybody down, he just looked up an address from someone that bought something. I've done that tons of times at my work. Maybe you're bored and want to see what this company's offices look like. You gave them the location, so it's not tracking down a location.

Anyway, the only weird thing at all is that he mentioned that he looked it up. They're saying it was some implied threat, but I don't read it that way. They're treating it like Arnie hired a private detective to hunt down WMS's address, but she handed it to him, then went 'I'm scared that Arnie knows my address, after I gave it to him.'

beer pal

wwry posted:

demod the sicko

bwatts

Dennis Rasmussen posted:

I really don't think it's anything. I don't know if WMS really feels scared or not. If she does, she is being silly -- Arnie is not stalking WMS and not going to do anything to her. WMS willingly bought something from Arnie, outside of SA via Paypal, and Paypal emails you seller information when someone buys poo poo from you, including the address on your CC.

Google Maps is a global database of address information. Arnie didn't track anybody down, he just looked up an address from someone that bought something. I've done that tons of times at my work. Maybe you're bored and want to see what this company's offices look like. You gave them the location, so it's not tracking down a location.

Anyway, the only weird thing at all is that he mentioned that he looked it up. They're saying it was some implied threat, but I don't read it that way. They're treating it like Arnie hired a private detective to hunt down WMS's address, but she handed it to him, then went 'I'm scared that Arnie knows my address, after I gave it to him.'

she's scared that he looked at her house in an attempt to gain leverage over her you loving retard.

beer pal

Dennis Rasmussen posted:

he made a point of telling a teenage girl that he knows where she lives

i am he

Bureaus Watts posted:

she's scared that he looked at her house in an attempt to gain leverage over her you loving retard.

beer pal posted:

literally this big

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

this whole incident has nothing to do with WMS, and is instead a vehicle for people to be as obnoxious as loving possible. give it three days and nobody will give a gently caress anymore, including WMS.

Bukowski

hammulder

I.N.R.I posted:

This is the most epic BYOB flame war yet

AKRON HEAT

beer pal posted:

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
ah, yes. very problematic.

literally this big

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

BYOB XP on our left flank.. nite crew to our right.. and a legion of FYAD's finest leading the assault. cmon boys, to battle!

joke_explainer

Illegal Carrot posted:

this whole incident has nothing to do with WMS, and is instead a vehicle for people to be as obnoxious as loving possible. give it three days and nobody will give a gently caress anymore, including WMS.

:agreed:

Kimmalah

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Illegal Carrot posted:

BYOB XP on our left flank.. nite crew to our right.. and a legion of FYAD's finest leading the assault. cmon boys, to battle!

i feel like the thread should be considered some kind of embassy at this point, for fyad or byob xp not sure which

wwry
i think that arnold should be punished for his crimes. and quickly.

Bloodfart McCoy

I.N.R.I posted:

This is the most epic BYOB flame war yet

Reopen Helldump!!!

Rick
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Illegal Carrot posted:

Why not post your address then since it's such a small deal?

Bloodfart McCoy

I'm a travelling gypsie. I only know where I am by how the dicks taste.

wwry
*takes a huge bong rip* arnie is a degenerate predator who needs to stripped of his moderator poweres.

Eye of Widesauron

I'm a different poster than WindmillSlayer and apparently this distinction needs to be made or something

Okay bye

literally this big

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

Rick posted:

Why not post your address then since it's such a small deal?

I have, on multiple occasions, to several different people. If any one of them came back to me and said "remember when you gave me your mailing address? I found your house on google maps" I'd be like "umm ok"

literally this big fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Aug 4, 2014

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Illegal Carrot posted:

I have, on multiple occasions, to several different people.

yes, but did you post your address publicly, like arnie did with WMS's address?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath

Illegal Carrot posted:

it's hard to tell what youre saying with arnold's cock this deep in your mouth

• Locked thread