Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
They make mediocre subs. Every city has at least on sub place where they cut the meats and cheeses in front of you which is way better than the stuff they leave laying around subway all day. Also it's not even the best fast food sub place; firehouse and quiznos are better too. I just don't understand it.

Also people who post in this thread may or may not be gay and goku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EB Nulshit
Apr 12, 2014

It was more disappointing (and surprising) when I found that even most of Manhattan isn't like Times Square.
i always see pee in the subway

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

subway has sub which contains 3 "turkey based meats" and they now slice the vegetable so thin you wouldn't be able to use their cucumbers on your eyes at the spa

Affe mk2
Mar 9, 2004

Chicks dig giant robots

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

subway has sub which contains 3 "turkey based meats" and they now slice the vegetable so thin you wouldn't be able to use their cucumbers on your eyes at the spa

would you call yourself a sandwich enthusiast?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
imo subterranean travel is great.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
When I travel I like going to subway and getting a veggie delight cuz really, how bad can it be?

ChuckHead
Jun 24, 2004

2000 years Assholes.
Paper-thin meat is a lie. Why do idiots buy it?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i went to jersey mikes today and i liked it

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
advertising consistency price point yada yada yada

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Used to be a subway near where I worked and it was convenient to eat there even though it was crappy, but I had to stop going anyway because if you go in there you would smell like that awful subway bread smell for the rest of the day

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW
*bitches about fast food*

heh,now everyone will think im discerning and cultured

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
It's gotta be at least partially because Subways are cheap to do as a start-up. They have cheap licensing fees, so it's easy for a sandwich place starting up to go "gently caress it, let's be a Subway", then get a guaranteed amount of clientele who knows what Subway is so they eat there. It's a known quantity.

Basically Subway is so omnipresent because they're omnipresent and also cheap

also im goku

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

FordPRefectLL posted:

i went to jersey mikes today and i liked it

i will say though that i only pay in cash there now bc when i pay with debit theres a portion asking me to tip and i feel like an rear end in a top hat if i dont

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
They don't even have any good 5 dollar footlongs anymore :/

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
every meal at subway has an entire days' worth of sodium in it

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

subway ain't so bad, settle down it all just becomes poops in the end

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Jersey Mike's has subs made Mike's way, which is delicious and covered in oil and vinegar.

Firehouse Subs has tasty meat.

Subway has... closer physical proximity to where I work so I can walk there?

That is their only benefit

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Yeah you're right I'm in the airport in Cincinnati - I think I'll go search for an organic, locally sourced fishmonger to properly make my sub.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

redshirt posted:

Yeah you're right I'm in the airport in Cincinnati - I think I'll go search for an organic, locally sourced fishmonger to properly make my sub.

just get a $15 burger from burger king

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Fonzarelli posted:

subway ain't so bad, settle down it all just becomes poops in the end

And you put those poops in a sandwich and sell that sandwich, and the customer eats the poops, circle of life.

Don Mega
Nov 26, 2005
subway is pleb tier fast food

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Trixie Hardcore posted:

And you put those poops in a sandwich and sell that sandwich, and the customer eats the poops, circle of life.

This is why gruel is the best form of food. It's pre-digested!

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

also i like jimmy johns unwiches

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW
when did the internet decide being a whiny pretentious faglord was cool

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

redshirt posted:

considering the quality of the ohio river, the subway is better for you

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Hey OP I think it's possible that you are psychically-linked to me because last night when I was eating my delicious $5.99 #10 at Jimmy John's I idly wondered why the gently caress Subway is still in business when it sucks so loving hard compared to Jimmy John's and is at best a buck cheaper.

It's probably because you can jam a loving Subway into any convenience-store-restroom-size place, and because of the real power of lovely fast food, sheer apathy and inertia. I KNOW SUBWAY IT IS COMFORTABLE LIKE OLD LEATHER. IT SMELLS AND TASTES LIKE OLD LEATHER ALSO BUT I WILL AT LEAST NOT BE SURPRISED BY ANY NEW OR NOVEL EXPERIENCE THAT MAY CAUSE ME TO BE JOSTLED FROM MY COMFORT RUT.

I also hate Subway because of this inexplicable phenomenon:

"And just a little lettuce, like half a handful of lettuce, I really just want a little. Not very much at all, honestly."

>Subway employee leans forward and gathers a double armload of lettuce as if picking up a loving pile of towels, a lettuce pile so enormous they must use their whole arms and chest to control it, dumps it on sandwich with grand double arm fling, sandwich is totally obscured by mountainous pile of translucent lettuce shreds to the point the wrapper will not close around it<

"Or all the lettuce you have, that's cool too."

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

its near my work

Affe mk2
Mar 9, 2004

Chicks dig giant robots

JonathonSpectre posted:

Hey OP I think it's possible that you are psychically-linked to me because last night when I was eating my delicious $5.99 #10 at Jimmy John's I idly wondered why the gently caress Subway is still in business when it sucks so loving hard compared to Jimmy John's and is at best a buck cheaper.

It's probably because you can jam a loving Subway into any convenience-store-restroom-size place, and because of the real power of lovely fast food, sheer apathy and inertia. I KNOW SUBWAY IT IS COMFORTABLE LIKE OLD LEATHER. IT SMELLS AND TASTES LIKE OLD LEATHER ALSO BUT I WILL AT LEAST NOT BE SURPRISED BY ANY NEW OR NOVEL EXPERIENCE THAT MAY CAUSE ME TO BE JOSTLED FROM MY COMFORT RUT.

I also hate Subway because of this inexplicable phenomenon:

"And just a little lettuce, like half a handful of lettuce, I really just want a little. Not very much at all, honestly."

>Subway employee leans forward and gathers a double armload of lettuce as if picking up a loving pile of towels, a lettuce pile so enormous they must use their whole arms and chest to control it, dumps it on sandwich with grand double arm fling, sandwich is totally obscured by mountainous pile of translucent lettuce shreds to the point the wrapper will not close around it<

"Or all the lettuce you have, that's cool too."

get spinach instead. tell them 3 times to put more on.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Business Gorillas posted:

considering the quality of the ohio river, the subway is better for you

It could be from east fork near cincinnati which is closed due to deadly algae earlier

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

gagelion posted:

*bitches about fast food*

heh,now everyone will think im discerning and cultured

if i was the boyfriend of your girlfriend's best friend you'd be riding my dick right now

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

satanic splash-back posted:

It could be from east fork near cincinnati which is closed due to deadly algae earlier

at least that algae is locally sourced and casually racist

made the mistake of taking a black ex to cinci to hang out with some people and it destroyed our relationship

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

gagelion posted:

when did the internet decide being a whiny pretentious faglord was cool

i think it was during the millionth time that two fatty sperges argued about how to cook steak

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Gaunab posted:

They make mediocre subs. Every city has at least on sub place where they cut the meats and cheeses in front of you which is way better than the stuff they leave laying around subway all day. Also it's not even the best fast food sub place; firehouse and quiznos are better too. I just don't understand it.

Also people who post in this thread may or may not be gay and goku.

Being the only business in reform besides doobies. I think they're ahead of their league.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Subway succeeds because of two reasons:

1) idiots believe that because they put vegetables on their sub, they can thrown on anything else and it's "healthy"
2) in a pinch people who actually eat healthy can get a relatively low-calorie meal with a lot of veggies customized to their liking

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
gently caress all the haters.

I'll have a italian herbs and cheese foot long, spicy italian with pepper jack, toasted. lettuce, tomato, black olives, more black olives, banana peppers, oil and vinegar.

Mmm mmm mmm, delicious.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
subway is okay i guess i'll eat it once every couple months

dibella's is good, much better deli meats for a fast food sub chain http://www.dibellas.com/site_locator.asp

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

ashgromnies posted:

dibella's is good

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

doctor 7 posted:

Subway succeeds because of two reasons:

1) idiots believe that because they put vegetables on their sub, they can thrown on anything else and it's "healthy"
2) in a pinch people who actually eat healthy can get a relatively low-calorie meal with a lot of veggies customized to their liking

and apparently it's near a lot of places of business

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Jersey Mike's is good but it's like $11 for a giant meatball sub

Maybe Bill Gates can afford to eat there every once in a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yomofo
Jun 7, 2005

by Cyrano4747
I remember back in the day, in Coupons and Deals, someone made fake coupons for "by one get 1 footlong free." My brother and I ate Subway for like a month and a half straight because it was like $3 per footlong sandwich. Then one day we showed up and our fake coupons were posted in the window with a sign saying they were fake and no longer accepting them.

Got my :10bux: worth for sure

• Locked thread