Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Gaunab posted:

you should try a coffee enema

the best part of waking up is folgers in your butt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

FizFashizzle posted:

And not to get all crossfitty but subway is essentially a brick of sugar and the typical sandwich actually ordered is about as healthy as something former gbs superstar Czar would eat.

holy poo poo i actually forgot czar ever existed

Your Rain
Nov 29, 2006
All those born beneath an angry star.
Subway's bread smells disgusting, I can only eat the flatbread now

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

trip report: coffee w/ butter this morning kept me full for a pretty long time. I wouldn't recommend it all the time but as an occasional meal replacement or to "tide you over" it's not the worst way to do it. Most of the websites about Bulletproof Coffee seem to just be new-age poo poo about "toxins" and lame paleo assholes though.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
butter is good for you

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

tacodaemon posted:

Remember when Subway used to have that weird-rear end way of cutting the bread, where they'd carve a divot out of the top of it and stick your couple slices of meat and vast cloud of moldy lettuce in and then replace the divot

blast from the past right here holy poo poo

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

FordPRefectLL posted:

i went to jersey mikes today and i liked it

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

are we still talking about keurigs

they had one at the office at my old job and am still carrying the burden of guilt of all that loving plastic i landfilled just because i was a lazy fat stupid gently caress who didn't care enough to wait 4 min for a french press

keyrig really is just instant coffee, its someone going "god no, i wont buy a jar of tasters choice, and gently caress no i wont wait 4m, dont u k ow i'm rich *keyrig*

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
coffee

lol if you don't bump some cocaine in the morning to get you going

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Corey Plumper posted:

I'm a fuckin animal who enjoys the flavor of the meat itself

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

cold cuts own. salami? owns. pepperoni? definitely owns. ham? "sure thing" says i. turkey? heck, why not!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Kyrie eleison posted:

well i mean in that case white people food has lots of spices in it if you include like french or italian food which is white people food.

wtf no italians are not white A and B salt onion and garlic are the ones you can find in france pre-global trade, and that doesn't provide a very broad palate compared to what's available in tropical parts of the world

nomadologique fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Aug 5, 2014

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

nomadologique posted:

wtf no italians are not white A and B salt onion and garlic are the ones you can find in france pre-global trade, and that doesn't provide a very broad palate compared to what's available in tropical parts of the world

italians are white lol and whitey incorporated lots of new world foods into their diet once it was available so i dont see how it matters

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010

nomadologique posted:

If you are referring to brown-haired darker skinned "Italians" as the face of Italians as a whole, I'm going to take this chance to inform you that way back when, the Middle Easterners rampaged and invaded Italy, raping most of the women along the way. This took a mostly blonde, white-skinned Italian race and mixed their genes with really hairy, dark-skinned dark-haired desert dwelling people and led to the Italians you know today.

This is also why Italian bread at Subway comes with herbs and cheese in it, they have to make sure they mix up those food genes for accurate representation.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Kyrie eleison posted:

italians are white lol and whitey incorporated lots of new world foods into their diet once it was available so i dont see how it matters

yea thats as dumb as saying that Real Indian Food doesnt have tomatoes or peppers or potatoes lmao

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

THS posted:

yea thats as dumb as saying that Real Indian Food doesnt have tomatoes or peppers or potatoes lmao

Real Indian Food is poo poo.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

FizFashizzle posted:

Real Indian Food is poo poo.

and still, chicken tikka masala is far more popular in britain than any of the crap they've come up with themselves

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

and still, chicken tikka masala is far more popular in britain than any of the crap they've come up with themselves

tandoori and tikka is the only loving exception. They've accomplished nothing in their history but that little appetizer.

meat dishes like that are treated as just treats in india and i'd always weird out the waiters or whatever when I'd order myself 3 tikkas and 2 tandooris.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i love to eat a vindaloo

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I get stomach cramps when I eat subway. I thought it was the kind of sandwich I got so I tried different ones and they all give me cramps. Thanks for saving me money subway and jered!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

THS posted:

i love to eat a vindaloo

every now and then you can grab a good dhosa but it's just not worth it. eating food in india is russian roulette. unless we were at the westin or whatever it just wasn't worth the risk.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
can any other boston goons tell me if im wrong here: this area seems to have fewer subways than others. like, as a kid, i never ate at one. i wasnt even aware of them really. i'm not saying they don't exist out here, there is one down the street from my office, but i feel like they aren't as ubiquitous here.

i would venture to say that real estate prices (whether owned or rented) prohibit their scrub tier selves from gaining much of a foothold

also we arent uncultured as gently caress here and actually have options

E: i feel like NYC and LA goons can probably chime in as well here

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

"subway" the company is not a sandwich company. they are a brand-licensing company. they charge $15k for the brand and then make you buy all your poo poo from them, they give no fucks if you succeed or if your new subway is a miserable failure, it makes no difference. all they need to "do well" is for entrepreneurs to think that opening a subway is a good idea

they got class-actioned for this a while back because they would let franchisees open stores way too close to each other and choke each other out, because who cares, i got my license fee and who ever eventually comes out on top will still buy their poo poo from us

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

lol who cares?

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Fetus Tree posted:

can any other boston goons tell me if im wrong here: this area seems to have fewer subways than others. like, as a kid, i never ate at one. i wasnt even aware of them really. i'm not saying they don't exist out here, there is one down the street from my office, but i feel like they aren't as ubiquitous here.

i would venture to say that real estate prices (whether owned or rented) prohibit their scrub tier selves from gaining much of a foothold

They don't have subs they have grinders.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

HOAGIES AND GRINDERS
HOAGIES AND GRINDERS
MEAT BALL SAND WHICHES YEAH

LMAO ADAM SANDLER YOU CARD

Spider Helidon
Nov 4, 2010

by XyloJW
I used to eat subway about 4 times a week because I worked in a nightclub district and was restricted to the same poo poo food that drunk people eat at midnight, and I could eat a foot long in about three minutes, leaving me time to comfortably drinks two pints of cider and a large can of red bull and smoke three cigarettes with the rest of my half hour break.

Now I work in a place with chefs who cook me stuff with foreign words I don't know the meaning of like ribolita cob with prawn colcannon or something or other with kasundi and just make myself fresh espresso whenevs. I guess what I'm saying is subway if ok if you're a cheap baby who needs other people to feed you and you don't care if they're a surly Indian.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

redshirt posted:

gently caress you haters.

If I'm in Nowhere Indiana and I have to eat, a toasted large Veggie Delight with a bag of Sun Chips and a Vitamin Water is a great meal for cheap, and I feel great afterwards.

Compared to other fast food options, specifically. gently caress your artisan hipster deli.

yep totally a healthy and balanced meal. still can't figure out why you're obese & suffer from health problems. must be genetics.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

isnt vitamin water just sugar water

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

THS posted:

isnt vitamin water just sugar water

with a half of a gram of salt
plus the subway sandwich probably realistically has 2 grams of salt
yep throw in a bag of sun chips with that please

vitamin water is essentially just as bad for you as a can of coke, but marketed as healthy to people who do not understand basic nutrition and have never heard of vitamins, brought to you by coca cola and 50 cent. Vitamin water 10 replaces all of the things that look bad on a nutrition facts label with artificial sugars which your body can't process & stays in your blood for alarming amounts of time and will probably give you rear end cancer in the long run ala coke zero/diet coke.

HEY VAPER fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Aug 6, 2014

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

I had an actual starbucks prepared drink type drink today instead of their drip coffee.

I don't even want to be funny or dismissive towards starbucks regulars, just want to say, please do yourself a favor and think about your health if you drink that stuff every day. I felt like garbage all day long and had what felt like a brain freeze for a couple hours after drinking it. Black coffee doesn't take that long to get used to.

im an orange
Jun 24, 2005

Fetus Tree posted:

plenty of subways here in new york

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
trip report: I just had Subway

I enjoyed every single bite :smugdog:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Jean Eric Burn posted:

I had an actual starbucks prepared drink type drink today instead of their drip coffee.

I don't even want to be funny or dismissive towards starbucks regulars, just want to say, please do yourself a favor and think about your health if you drink that stuff every day. I felt like garbage all day long and had what felt like a brain freeze for a couple hours after drinking it. Black coffee doesn't take that long to get used to.
starbucks sells milkshakes mixed with coffee pretty much

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
trip report: local subway heated my sandwich in the microwave and refused to mix my sandwich, vitamin water, and bag of sun chips in the blender. do not recommend.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

anyone remember blimpie? theres still a blimpie left near my work. i like it. its like subway except a little better

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

THS posted:

anyone remember blimpie? theres still a blimpie left near my work. i like it. its like subway except a little better

the only blimpies near me was shut down in the mid 90s by health inspectors and it never reopened, so ive never eaten at one.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

THS posted:

what's better about it? I think I had it once

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Daedra posted:

starbucks sells milkshakes mixed with coffee pretty much

their basic roast sucks poo poo, so it's not hard to see why people prefer the sugar-blended fat drinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Juanito posted:

what's better about it? I think I had it once

the blimpie way bro

• Locked thread