Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

exquisite tea posted:

Salt is actually pretty good, and is probably why even the very, very low bar of Subway is better than anything my grandmother, who refuses to add salt to anything, has ever made in her lifetime.

i dont understand why white people are allergic to seasoning. i had dinner at my mom's house a while back and she threw regular rear end chicken with no seasoning on it onto the grill and thought it was a good idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

there are a great many seasonings other than salt, and also I agree salt tastes good just not when there's several grams of it on one sandwich

must we interpret everything each other says in the most crazily hyperbolic way possible

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I used to eat at Subway, but then I worked there in high school and realized that I can make my own sandwich really, really easily when I want to.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
There's a Jimmy Johns next to my office and they brought a shitload of free sample baby subs and everyone acted like it was loving Christmas day

Firetrick
Aug 4, 2006

I feel like if I were to make an equal sub at home I'd struggle to get the cost under $15, and I'd probably have to eat nothing but subs for a week.

Australia :shrug:

Affe mk2
Mar 9, 2004

Chicks dig giant robots

Wolfsheim posted:

There's a Jimmy Johns next to my office and they brought a shitload of free sample baby subs and everyone acted like it was loving Christmas day

The subway next to my work gave us a bunch of free sandwiches cause they were training some new people and everyone kinda mumbled and shuffled their feet cause I work in retail and everyone is dead inside.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

redshirt posted:

Yeah you're right I'm in the airport in Cincinnati - I think I'll go search for an organic, locally sourced fishmonger to properly make my sub.

Hey rear end in a top hat, guess what?

There isn't a subway in the Cincinnati airport.

http://www.cvgairport.com/skyshops/all.aspx

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Business Gorillas posted:

i dont understand why white people are allergic to seasoning. i had dinner at my mom's house a while back and she threw regular rear end chicken with no seasoning on it onto the grill and thought it was a good idea

It's a white people thing. How much salt you want to put on your chicken is a deeply personal thing and this is why there's salt on the table. On the other hand, in terms of the chemistry of cooking, salt serves a number of purposes other than simply flavoring during the various stages of preparation that food goes through. For example, soaking the thanksgiving turkey in a brine solution saturated with salt for an appropriate period of time will keep your thanksgiving turkey from being dry, because the salt holds water, the same way it does in your fat rear end; you just have to take into account that the turkey is already salted when you season it for baking to make sure you don't salt it again. The same principle can be used to produce insanely juicy, but not unnecessarily salty, pork, chicken, ribs, salmon, brisket, pretty much any meat, but white people are afraid and never learn, not even after decades of dry turkey on thanksgiving. And they're inexplicably putting butter in their coffee right now, as part of a fad diet. To lose weight.

As a white man, it boggles my loving mind

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Aug 5, 2014

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

Hey rear end in a top hat, guess what?

There isn't a subway in the Cincinnati airport.

http://www.cvgairport.com/skyshops/all.aspx
:owned:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

In the grand scheme of things, I think Popeyes spicy chicken is pretty good

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
i had subwya today, foot long honey oat, turkey, swiss, (toasted?) no thanks. some lettuce.. *pause* pickles *pause* and onions *pause* oh, and some jalapeņos. and mayonnaise and mustard. (chips and drink?) yes, regular drink. (do you want a bag?) yes please. thanks.

i indulged and had doritos

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Subway makes a hell of a great sandwich

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

nomadologique posted:

Hoagiefest right now. 50th anniversary, every classic hoagie 4.79 goddamn.

plus tax if you live anywhere but DE and FL.

plus, i can get some decent cheap as coffee. and fuckin' peanut chews.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
a real sandwich should have a crispy crust, fresh veggies, and a strong cheese. subway offers none of these things.

cold cuts are gross. enjoy your slimy oversalted meat byproduct. if you have to murder something for your sandwich at least carve a roast or pull some pork you indolent swine.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

SlipUp posted:

a real sandwich should have a crispy crust, fresh veggies, and a strong cheese. subway offers none of these things.

cold cuts are gross. enjoy your slimy oversalted meat byproduct. if you have to murder something for your sandwich at least carve a roast or pull some pork you indolent swine.

oh yeah seriously never ever order the cold cut combo it is inedibly disgusting. but everything else they have seems fine. just stay away from the super value menu

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

gggiiimmmppp posted:

It's a white people thing. How much salt you want to put on your chicken is a deeply personal thing and this is why there's salt on the table. On the other hand, in terms of the chemistry of cooking, salt serves a number of purposes other than simply flavoring during the various stages of preparation that food goes through. For example, soaking the thanksgiving turkey in a brine solution saturated with salt for an appropriate period of time will keep your thanksgiving turkey from being dry, because the salt holds water, the same way it does in your fat rear end; you just have to take into account that the turkey is already salted when you season it for baking to make sure you don't salt it again. The same principle can be used to produce insanely juicy, but not unnecessarily salty, pork, chicken, ribs, salmon, brisket, pretty much any meat, but white people are afraid and never learn, not even after decades of dry turkey on thanksgiving. And they're inexplicably putting butter in their coffee right now, as part of a fad diet. To lose weight.

As a white man, it boggles my loving mind

I'm having coffee w/ butter right now. It looks and tastes like a latte, basically, with roughly the same amount of calories. Perhaps it is...you...who is afraid to learn?!

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

exquisite tea posted:

I'm having coffee w/ butter right now. It looks and tastes like a latte, basically, with roughly the same amount of calories. Perhaps it is...you...who is afraid to learn?!

you should try a coffee enema

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I feel pretty full and energized for the day. The only thing I would add to butter coffee is probably some more cum.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

It is not white peoples fault they are filthy and ignorant and no spices grow in Europe so their traditional food is bland as poo poo and stupid and now their cultural evolution means they have poo poo palates ergo.

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

I'm a fuckin animal who enjoys the flavor of the meat itself

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
i think back in th elike 80s or whatever subway used to actually make the dough from scratch and it was real bread. obviously things have kind of gone to poo poo since then.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

With meat less is always more, especially if you're grilling it.

Unless you're too poor to afford quality meats in which case go nuts with store bought spice blends.

"Awwww yeah got this Tuscany chicken mmhmm"

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Aug 5, 2014

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

With meat less is always more, especially if you're grilling it.

Unless you're too poor to afford quality meats in which case go nuts with site bought spice blends.

"Awwww yeah got this Tuscany chicken mmhmm"

Have you ever heard of like cumin or paprika or anything with joy in it? I mean nobody is advocating for Monterey chicken powder on your filet mignon but...

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Is Subway's veggie patty healthy, or is it all a lie? Normally whenever I've gone to Subway I get a turkey sub or ham or something not-too-bad, but I usually don't get a strictly vegetarian one. Obviously the "veggies and veggies alone" subs are going to be low-cal and whatever, but I dunno what to make of the veggie patty. It is a strange beast.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

nomadologique posted:

Have you ever heard of like cumin or paprika or anything with joy in it? I mean nobody is advocating for Monterey chicken powder on your filet mignon but...

filet is actulaly pretty bland imo

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

HJE-Cobra posted:

Is Subway's veggie patty healthy, or is it all a lie? Normally whenever I've gone to Subway I get a turkey sub or ham or something not-too-bad, but I usually don't get a strictly vegetarian one. Obviously the "veggies and veggies alone" subs are going to be low-cal and whatever, but I dunno what to make of the veggie patty. It is a strange beast.

isnt it like mostly starch anyway? so i guess no worse than potato sandwiches

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

nomadologique posted:

With beef I don't do anything more than salt and pepper, but I basically slap it on the rear end and wave it through the smoke.

Chicken is easier to just marinade it overnight. Olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and onion. Maybe a splash of citrus if I'm feeling saucy.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

And not to get all crossfitty but subway is essentially a brick of sugar and the typical sandwich actually ordered is about as healthy as something former gbs superstar Czar would eat.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Torka posted:

must we interpret everything each other says in the most crazily hyperbolic way possible

Yes!!

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
Apparently Ragen's original name is Ragen Anne Hoar.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Very low overhead and the alternatives are worse in many areas:

It takes two people to run a Subway, three if it's busy.

They only give you one napkin and you have to ask an employee for a second one.

They're stingy as gently caress about the amount of vegetables they put their subs. Every time I ask for extra olives I get the stink eye from the franchise owner.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Aug 5, 2014

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
Seriously though salt is a delicious rock. It might be the most delicious one.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

its a fancy digital coffee maker that makes single cups of coffee. the part that makes it lovely is that instead of using regular beans you use these lovely plastic cartridges with lovely coffee dust in them

Haha it is digital because it can only make either 1 or 0 cups of coffee

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

With beef I don't do anything more than salt and pepper, but I basically slap it on the rear end and wave it through the smoke.

Chicken is easier to just marinade it overnight. Olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and onion. Maybe a splash of citrus if I'm feeling saucy.

Hint: all of these things are spices or spicelike.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
Subway's tolerable I guess? I don't get the active hate for it since it seems solidly mediocre and not aggressively bad as people make it out to be.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
all food is garbage and if you have strong opinions about whatever dumb poo poo some other assholes have ti shove in their mouths because their lovely bodies cant survive without stopping to eat like 5 times a day ugh just gently caress all of you fucvk eating gently caress eaters gently caress sanwich gently caress food

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

nomadologique posted:

Hint: all of these things are spices or spicelike.

well i mean in that case white people food has lots of spices in it if you include like french or italian food which is white people food.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
If you order the temporary specials aka saucebuckets instead of something from the regular menu you deserve misery imo

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
My terrible secret: I actually like their weird little frozen puck pizzas :blush:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Torka posted:

poo poo 5 different kinds of meat

I'm not used to american fast food

you should come to an american orgy

• Locked thread