Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Torka posted:

what's a keurig and why is it bad

its a way to waste of a couple hundred bucks on a fancy but impractical coffee maker and people get really smug because they own them

like the only place they make sense is in an office break room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

yo yo

coffee is for faggots.

tea 4 lyfe

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

THS posted:

i was talking about kcups, that egg salad sandwich from subway looks pretty good

tbf most companies that make billions can afford to have professionals make their food look like not-feces

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Juanito posted:

they are re-usable cups that you don't have to replace. you just rinse.

yeah but coffee grounds clog your pipes, so you have to get them out some other way

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

maybe a shared living space if people had different preferences & didnt wnt to have more than one coffee maker

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Torka posted:

what's a keurig and why is it bad

its a fancy digital coffee maker that makes single cups of coffee. the part that makes it lovely is that instead of using regular beans you use these lovely plastic cartridges with lovely coffee dust in them

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

theflyingexecutive posted:

yeah but coffee grounds clog your pipes, so you have to get them out some other way

eat them & then poop them out into your office toilet

E: also goons mainly hate keurigs bc 3O has one, hth

E2: Keurigs are dumb bc they're expensive and inefficient just do x y or z to make ur cofee :smug: **spends $3000 his gas station wage on star citizen & video cards for his gamin' rig**

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
It honestly did not occur to me that people would buy keurig machines outside of the office

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

its a way to waste of a couple hundred bucks on a fancy but impractical coffee maker and people get really smug because they own them

the regular keurig is like $130 now. if i get my fancy office promotion i'm thinking about getting one for my job because the coffee we get is poo poo and i'd be much happier making my own in my office

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Fetus Tree posted:

maybe a shared living space if people had different preferences & didnt wnt to have more than one coffee maker

i dont associate with ppl who dont just enjoy a cup of nice, black, hot coffee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxwcQ1dapw8

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

THS posted:

i dont associate with ppl who dont just enjoy a cup of nice, black, hot coffee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxwcQ1dapw8

thank you

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Some of us like to be good hosts and offer guests in our homes a selection of beverages while also plays into oh it's no trouble I will just pop this thing into the machine and you can have coffee.

I'm beginning to think goons are really bad about being proper yuppie hosts and socializing.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Business Gorillas posted:

its a fancy digital coffee maker that makes single cups of coffee. the part that makes it lovely is that instead of using regular beans you use these lovely plastic cartridges with lovely coffee dust in them

huh cool, just this morning I was thinking my lovely cup of instant coffee would be improved by costing hundreds of dollars to make

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

the regular keurig is like $130 now. if i get my fancy office promotion i'm thinking about getting one for my job because the coffee we get is poo poo and i'd be much happier making my own in my office

I think I paid like $100 for mine you can get them on sale. Also the cups don't actually cost what people think they cost they are always on sale somewhere for like 40% off.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Torka posted:

huh cool, just this morning I was thinking my lovely cup of instant coffee would be improved by costing hundreds of dollars to make

i've used a roommate's before and if you can just put your own coffee in the little cartridges, picking up a used one for <$80 would be totally worth it

edit:

Three Olives posted:

I think I paid like $100 for mine you can get them on sale. Also the cups don't actually cost what people think they cost they are always on sale somewhere for like 40% off.

the cups are pretty awful though, especially if you can get generic cups where you can put your own coffee into them

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

keurigs are good for car dealerships and shared offices

but americans have somehow turned the process that once only produced a compostable piece of paper filled with plants into one with a shitload of unrecyclable plastic and foil in the mix

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Giant bags of trash lifted from 3 Olive's apartment, mainly consisting of used Keurig cups.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

theflyingexecutive posted:

keurigs are good for car dealerships and shared offices

but americans have somehow turned the process that once only produced a compostable piece of paper filled with plants into one with a shitload of unrecyclable plastic and foil in the mix

this is also a point as to why keurigs suck. i'm not environmentally conscious but jfc the amount of waste those things create is staggering

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Those just end up in the landfill three olives where's your green boner now

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
**posts from slave labor iphone** fuckin gays & their environmentally unfrendly coffee makers

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

redshirt posted:

Giant bags of trash lifted from 3 Olive's apartment, mainly consisting of used Keurig cups.

Condo.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Corrected.

So do you question your environmental footprint whilst ripping through all those K-Cups?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

and get this, you can put whatever kind of coffee you want in it!!!!!

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
I've eaten garbage for so long I wouldn't know what good food tasted like if my life depended on it. Subway is really good if your choices are:

sloppy mcdonalds burger
ancient sandwich from 7-11 and a corn dog
making GBS threads into your own mouth

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I bought a Keurig thinking I would make more coffee myself and save money and instead it has barely been used because it is 8000 degrees in NYC and I just drink ice coffee all god damned day

the other problem is that I bought a giant variety pack of K-Cups with it and they come in two flavors:

1) hot water
2) the nastiest poo poo you've ever put into your mouth

I did buy a reusable cup for my own grounds tho so maybe once it gets cooler I'll do that and buy a thermos or something. I don't know how y'all even have time to drink coffee in the morning at home, I drink it exclusively on the go or in the office because gently caress gettin up earlier

also I didn't even buy a real Keurig I just got this thing: http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Coffee-BVMC-KG5-001-Powered-Technology/dp/B007JNNQ6Q
because it was the cheapest option. maybe it makes worse coffee than a real keurig? idk

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

redshirt posted:

Corrected.

So do you question your environmental footprint whilst ripping through all those K-Cups?

I use reusable shopping bags it evens out.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

using a drip coffee maker is also way easier to clean than a keurig with a reusable cartridge

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

abraham linksys posted:

I bought a Keurig thinking I would make more coffee myself and save money and instead it has barely been used because it is 8000 degrees in NYC and I just drink ice coffee all god damned day

the other problem is that I bought a giant variety pack of K-Cups with it and they come in two flavors:

1) hot water

I did buy a reusable cup for my own grounds tho so maybe once it gets cooler I'll do that and buy a thermos or something. I don't know how y'all even have time to drink coffee in the morning at home, I drink it exclusively on the go or in the office because gently caress gettin up earlier

also I didn't even buy a real Keurig I just got this thing: http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Coffee-BVMC-KG5-001-Powered-Technology/dp/B007JNNQ6Q
because it was the cheapest option. maybe it makes worse coffee than a real keurig? idk

why dont you just use the keurig to make ice coffee?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

1) hot water

1) use keurig
2) pick up cup with keurig stuff in it (caution!!! hot!!!)
3) put cup in freezer

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Remember when Subway used to have that weird-rear end way of cutting the bread, where they'd carve a divot out of the top of it and stick your couple slices of meat and vast cloud of moldy lettuce in and then replace the divot

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
from subway to keurigs. amazing. i don't even know how this happened but i'm blaming three olives

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

gagelion posted:

when did the internet decide being a whiny pretentious faglord was cool

Contemporary strivers lack the tools with which people in the past have differentiated themselves from their peers: They live in a post-virtue, post-religion, post-aristocracy age. They lack the skills or inspiration to create something of genuine worth. They have been conditioned to find all but the most conventional and compromised politics worthy of contempt. They are denied even the cold comfort of identification with career, as they cope with the deadening tedium and meaninglessness of work by calling attention to it over and over again, as if acknowledging it somehow elevates them above it.

Into this vacuum comes a relief that is profoundly rational in context—the self as consumer and critic. Given the emptiness of the material conditions of their lives, the formerly manic competitors must come to invest the cultural goods they consume with great meaning. Meaning must be made somewhere; no one will countenance standing for nothing. So the poor proxy of media and cultural consumption comes to define the individual. In many ways, cultural products such as movies, music, clothes, and media are the perfect vehicle for the endless division of people into strata of knowingness, savvy, and cultural value.

These cultural products have no quantifiable value, yet their relative value is fiercely debated as if some such quantifiable understanding could be reached. They are easily mined for ancillary content, the TV recaps and record reviews and endless fulminating in comments and forums that spread like weeds. (Does anyone who watches Mad Men not blog about it?) They are bound up with celebrity, both real and petty. They can inspire and so trick us into believing that our reactions are similarly worthy of inspiration. And they are complex and varied enough that there is always more to know and more rarefied territory to reach, the better to climb the ladder one rung higher than the person the next desk over.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

abraham linksys posted:

I'm gunna be the goon but FRENCH PRESS. you can put grounds in it the night before you go to sleep, put some water in an electric kettle. then when you wake up, turn on the kettle and pour it into the french press, by the time you're dressed/cleaned up you should be able to drink it with some time to spare. (i still toss it in a thermos and drink it while walking to the train)

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

abraham linksys posted:

does it do brew over ice? because mine does that and it's all iced coffee all summer all the time

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Fetus Tree posted:

why dont you just use the keurig to make ice coffee?

does this actually taste good though

remember this thing doesn't really make good coffee to begin with, the idea of making coffee, containing it, and putting it in the fridge seems like the worst thing you could do with it

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Yeah if you live alone it's easy to just buy smaller size traditional coffee maker that can make 1-4 cups.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

abraham linksys posted:

does this actually taste good though

remember this thing doesn't really make good coffee to begin with, the idea of making coffee, containing it, and putting it in the fridge seems like the worst thing you could do with it

jfc goons i dont even have one or drink coffee:

http://www.keurig.com/how-to-brew-iced-coffee-and-iced-tea

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Jimmy Johns #16 is pretty good. The bread is bad and iceberg lettuce is a pointless vegetable, but turkey and bacon and mayonnaise go well together.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

tacodaemon posted:

Remember when Subway used to have that weird-rear end way of cutting the bread, where they'd carve a divot out of the top of it and stick your couple slices of meat and vast cloud of moldy lettuce in and then replace the divot

I was drunk and I asked the Filipino to cut my bread old school and he had no idea what I was talking about because he was still raising chickens in those days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

look i don't know how this fancy "brewing" stuff works alright i just assumed that pouring hot-rear end coffee over ice would just get you melted ice and at-best lukewarm coffee, thus why cold brew is such a thing in the first place

i'll try this and report back

• Locked thread