Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Three Olives posted:

It's because they took the yoga mat ingredients out bring back the plastic bread Subway!
thanks food babe, for your constant crusade against scary scary chemicals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

HJE-Cobra posted:

Subway has... closer physical proximity to where I work so I can walk there?

That is their only benefit

This is 100% the reason they are popular. They're always the easiest option, often more so than MacDonald's, Burger King, etc.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Verisimilidude posted:

You poor, poor man.

Speaking of which, I'm due for another road trip up to Maine for some lobster rolls.

Go no further than Kittery.

Fairly passive
Nov 4, 2012

Not as productive as I should be
I've had subway subs in six countries. I'm a bad person.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Fairly passive posted:

I've had subway subs in six countries. I'm a bad person.
Which countries, what were the prices, and how did they compare in taste/quality?

I had Subway in Chile, and I didn't like it very much. I can't remember what I got, but it was a slow process. I may have not liked it because it was kind of expensive.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

in india while you're waiting for your sub to be made other indians just push pass you and start demanding sandwiches.

what im saying is india really brings out the worst in a subway experience

Fairly passive
Nov 4, 2012

Not as productive as I should be

Juanito posted:

Which countries, what were the prices, and how did they compare in taste/quality?

Actually, I think it may be at least seven.
UK, China (Hong Kong), Australia, Italy, USA, Spain, Saudi Arabia.

Didn't pay much attention to cost or other details.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
If I'm going to get fast food I'd rather get oanera or chipotle I guess maybe some dunkin donuts iced coffee

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I used to work at Subway and I think the funniest part of that job was that they insisted on calling everyone who worked there a "sandwich artist".

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Juanito posted:

I had Subway in Chile, and I didn't like it very much. I can't remember what I got, but it was a slow process. I may have not liked it because it was kind of expensive.

I ate at a Subway in New Zealand (they were quite popular and actually a decent choice for some of the towns that had very little cheap quick lunch options). Prices were about ~$8.50 NZDish for a foot long which was is a tiny bit more expensive even after currency conversion. Quality was definitely better (it was still subway), but they also had a lot less options (i.e. only cheese options was like cheddar, english/irish cheddar, and something else that was boring (harvati?)) and no pepperchinis and such.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

I wonder if in 20 years, will we all be saying "lol at people who ate at chipotle".

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jean Eric Burn posted:

I wonder if in 20 years, will we all be saying "lol at people who ate at chipotle".

The post soylent hell scape will be a sarcastic one.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Subway sucks rear end and Jimmy Johns is the infinitely superior cheap sandwich option. The only thing that bugs me about them is that there are always a dozen idle employees behind the counter doing nothing, but you're expected to put your sandwich in a bag with some napkins by yourself. They have a person whose sole job is to wrap the sandwiches up and they do it right next to the pile of bags and napkins. Is it really asking that much to add "place sandwiches in bag" to their duties?

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
subway is dog food for people.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Jimmy Johns is just as poo poo as Subway but in a different way.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Jean Eric Burn posted:

Maybe but at least Chipotle has romaine lettuce they give you a non-absurd amount of

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
subway is perfectly acceptable. not good, but much better than having kfc for lunch, gently caress sakes IT, have some self respect

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Every time I have a subway sub, no matter how I get it made (I like to shake things up) I think "This sucks. Why did I get this?"
and then you know what? Like 2 months later I'm like "Let's try this again." and I've been doing this for a few years running now it seems.
It's stupid. I'm stupid.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Theshby posted:

subway is perfectly acceptable. not good, but much better than having kfc for lunch, gently caress sakes IT, have some self respect

who the gently caress is it

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Viridiant posted:

I used to work at Subway and I think the funniest part of that job was that they insisted on calling everyone who worked there a "sandwich artist".

Sandwich fartist

Lol

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Sandwich fartist

Lol

sandwich autist

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
Chicken Pizziola sub until I die. (Probably from the subs)

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
There was a subway where I work until a month ago.
It was much better than the cafeteria there.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
Wawa.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

literally the only thing i miss about living in delaware

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
Hoagiefest right now. 50th anniversary, every classic hoagie 4.79 goddamn.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Affe mk2 posted:

would you call yourself a sandwich enthusiast?

Yes

Affe mk2
Mar 9, 2004

Chicks dig giant robots
sorry i'm late to coffee chat, but the subway near my work as a keurig machine. what does this mean?

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

http://www.grubgrade.com/reviews/review-the-j-j-gargantuan-from-jimmy-johns/

I like that this guy isn't impressed with the size yet its basically a whole days worth of nutrients.

Nutrition Facts:
Calories - 988
Total Fat - 54 grams
Saturated Fat - 13
Cholesterol - 167 milligrams
Sodium - 2893 milligrams
Carbs - 54 grams
Dietary Fiber - 1 grams
Protein - 66 grams

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

uh it's a big meal but 988 is less than half of a sedentary adult male's break-even caloric intake

goons really need to stop trying to talk about nutrition

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

I said nutrients, don't make me link you to my Bowflex tutorials on my youtube channel

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Torka posted:

uh it's a big meal but 988 is less than half of a sedentary adult male's break-even caloric intake

goons really need to stop trying to talk about nutrition

gently caress the calory count that thing has nearly 3 GRAMS OF SODIUM

holy gently caress that's two days of salt in one meal. in a sandwich!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Excelzior posted:

gently caress the calory count that thing has nearly 3 GRAMS OF SODIUM

holy gently caress that's two days of salt in one meal. in a sandwich!

are you telling me that deli meats have a lot of salt???? :eyepop:

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

yeah that's pretty messed up

I understand the need for super high sodium in preserved foods but what's the point of it in fresh food like a sandwich prepared on the spot

Business Gorillas posted:

are you telling me that deli meats have a lot of salt???? :eyepop:

would a few slices of salami account for that much though?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Oh no not SALT!! :ohdear:

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

Oh no not SALT!! :ohdear:

it's not about health scares, it's about salty food tasting gross

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Torka posted:

I understand the need for super high sodium in preserved foods but what's the point of it in fresh food like a sandwich prepared on the spot

:laffo: anything from a chain restaurant being "fresh"

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Torka posted:

would a few slices of salami account for that much though?
looking at the meat that's actually in the gargantuan:
- ham
- capicola (more ham)
- salami
- roast beef
- turkey

a solid .5-1 pound of the stuff makes sense. if you're thinking "turkey doesn't have a lot of salt in it.", all of the cold cut turkey i've worked with over the years came packaged in brine aka salt water

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

poo poo 5 different kinds of meat

I'm not used to american fast food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Torka posted:

it's not about health scares, it's about salty food tasting gross

Salt is actually pretty good, and is probably why even the very, very low bar of Subway is better than anything my grandmother, who refuses to add salt to anything, has ever made in her lifetime.

• Locked thread