Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Fetus Tree posted:

i was in a subway yesterday to use their bathroom

i clogged their toilet

E: also they do so well because their franchise costs are laughably low & you can hire retards for minimum wage to work there. like, doobie could have opened like a half dozen of them w his kick starter money
definitely. for frame of reference, franchise fee is $7,500 (if you already own one) or $15,000 if you don't. probably some other equip costs here and there but theres' a reason why there'll be like 5 within a 3 block radius (and there's like 20 within a ~7 block radius in downtown SF) all run by pakistani guys

I prefer Togo's for cheap sandwiches, their daily specials own with a $4.25 6" sandwich that is pretty well loaded and tastes much fresher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

abraham linksys posted:

I did buy a reusable cup for my own grounds tho so maybe once it gets cooler I'll do that and buy a thermos or something. I don't know how y'all even have time to drink coffee in the morning at home, I drink it exclusively on the go or in the office because gently caress gettin up earlier

I'm gunna be the goon but FRENCH PRESS. you can put grounds in it the night before you go to sleep, put some water in an electric kettle. then when you wake up, turn on the kettle and pour it into the french press, by the time you're dressed/cleaned up you should be able to drink it with some time to spare. (i still toss it in a thermos and drink it while walking to the train)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

theflyingexecutive posted:

you get cups that aren't green mountain water nonsense or a reusable, hit brew over ice and strong brew to concentrate it even more and then put a cup full of ice underneath

the real question is, can you make BULLETPROOF COFFEE, a fan favorite of palo-dieters and crossfit with a k-cup? how many sticks of butter do i need to a k-cup? SWIM needs to know

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

THS posted:

how retarded do you have to be to struggle at cleaning a french press

look no farther than somethingawful dot com.

anyways french presses own cause they're convenient, and easier+faster to setup than drip machines, but honestly i don't notice a big taste difference so it's dumb to be smug about it except if you're a proud lazy coffee drinker like me.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

oh yea, it really is. and that was actually a light amount of butter in that video compared to some ive seen. it's really loving disgusting and seems unhealthy to me but then again I don't like butter :shrug:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Torka posted:

simpsons did a bit in the early nineties about homer putting butter in his coffee and the joke was "haha homer's so gross nobody would actually put butter in their coffee"

woah really? that's actually p. loving funny. do you happen to know the name of the episode?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Fetus Tree posted:

i think its actually the open to the tomacco episode

nevermind http://criticalmas.com/2014/03/homer-simpson-invented-bulletproof-coffee-1998/

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Gaunab posted:

OH MY GOD SHUT THE gently caress UP ABOUT COFFEE AND MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT. THIS IS ABOUT HOW SUBWAY SUCKS NOT ABOUT COFFEE YOU loving RETARDED PIECES OF poo poo

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Juanito posted:

Which countries, what were the prices, and how did they compare in taste/quality?

I had Subway in Chile, and I didn't like it very much. I can't remember what I got, but it was a slow process. I may have not liked it because it was kind of expensive.

I ate at a Subway in New Zealand (they were quite popular and actually a decent choice for some of the towns that had very little cheap quick lunch options). Prices were about ~$8.50 NZDish for a foot long which was is a tiny bit more expensive even after currency conversion. Quality was definitely better (it was still subway), but they also had a lot less options (i.e. only cheese options was like cheddar, english/irish cheddar, and something else that was boring (harvati?)) and no pepperchinis and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

THS posted:

anyone remember blimpie? theres still a blimpie left near my work. i like it. its like subway except a little better

the only blimpies near me was shut down in the mid 90s by health inspectors and it never reopened, so ive never eaten at one.

• Locked thread