Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

redshirt posted:

Yeah you're right I'm in the airport in Cincinnati - I think I'll go search for an organic, locally sourced fishmonger to properly make my sub.

considering the quality of the ohio river, the subway is better for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

satanic splash-back posted:

It could be from east fork near cincinnati which is closed due to deadly algae earlier

at least that algae is locally sourced and casually racist

made the mistake of taking a black ex to cinci to hang out with some people and it destroyed our relationship

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

ashgromnies posted:

dibella's is good

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

redshirt posted:

A foot long is like standard sandwich size you human being.

i'm becoming more partial to the smaller sandwich and a bag of chips or a cookie or something

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

tbh i really wish that there was a good falafel place by my work. maybe i should move to palestine

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Juanito posted:

you can get generic k-cup thingies that you can put your own coffee in. it's convenient and cheap

now that i know this, getting a keurig makes way more sense if you can use your own coffee

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

here's a cool tip when you go to jimmy johns and get the tuna salad ask for mustard on the bread since they use dijon mustard there, which makes the sandwich own

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Torka posted:

what's a keurig and why is it bad

its a fancy digital coffee maker that makes single cups of coffee. the part that makes it lovely is that instead of using regular beans you use these lovely plastic cartridges with lovely coffee dust in them

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

its a way to waste of a couple hundred bucks on a fancy but impractical coffee maker and people get really smug because they own them

like the only place they make sense is in an office break room

the regular keurig is like $130 now. if i get my fancy office promotion i'm thinking about getting one for my job because the coffee we get is poo poo and i'd be much happier making my own in my office

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Torka posted:

huh cool, just this morning I was thinking my lovely cup of instant coffee would be improved by costing hundreds of dollars to make

i've used a roommate's before and if you can just put your own coffee in the little cartridges, picking up a used one for <$80 would be totally worth it

edit:

Three Olives posted:

I think I paid like $100 for mine you can get them on sale. Also the cups don't actually cost what people think they cost they are always on sale somewhere for like 40% off.

the cups are pretty awful though, especially if you can get generic cups where you can put your own coffee into them

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

theflyingexecutive posted:

keurigs are good for car dealerships and shared offices

but americans have somehow turned the process that once only produced a compostable piece of paper filled with plants into one with a shitload of unrecyclable plastic and foil in the mix

this is also a point as to why keurigs suck. i'm not environmentally conscious but jfc the amount of waste those things create is staggering

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

I bought a Keurig thinking I would make more coffee myself and save money and instead it has barely been used because it is 8000 degrees in NYC and I just drink ice coffee all god damned day

the other problem is that I bought a giant variety pack of K-Cups with it and they come in two flavors:

1) hot water
2) the nastiest poo poo you've ever put into your mouth

I did buy a reusable cup for my own grounds tho so maybe once it gets cooler I'll do that and buy a thermos or something. I don't know how y'all even have time to drink coffee in the morning at home, I drink it exclusively on the go or in the office because gently caress gettin up earlier

also I didn't even buy a real Keurig I just got this thing: http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Coffee-BVMC-KG5-001-Powered-Technology/dp/B007JNNQ6Q
because it was the cheapest option. maybe it makes worse coffee than a real keurig? idk

1) use keurig
2) pick up cup with keurig stuff in it (caution!!! hot!!!)
3) put cup in freezer

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

gggiiimmmppp posted:

it's turkish coffee that's really magical

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

just stopping by to say that turkish coffee owns

hell yeah

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Excelzior posted:

gently caress the calory count that thing has nearly 3 GRAMS OF SODIUM

holy gently caress that's two days of salt in one meal. in a sandwich!

are you telling me that deli meats have a lot of salt???? :eyepop:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Torka posted:

would a few slices of salami account for that much though?
looking at the meat that's actually in the gargantuan:
- ham
- capicola (more ham)
- salami
- roast beef
- turkey

a solid .5-1 pound of the stuff makes sense. if you're thinking "turkey doesn't have a lot of salt in it.", all of the cold cut turkey i've worked with over the years came packaged in brine aka salt water

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Salt is actually pretty good, and is probably why even the very, very low bar of Subway is better than anything my grandmother, who refuses to add salt to anything, has ever made in her lifetime.

i dont understand why white people are allergic to seasoning. i had dinner at my mom's house a while back and she threw regular rear end chicken with no seasoning on it onto the grill and thought it was a good idea

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Jean Eric Burn posted:

I had an actual starbucks prepared drink type drink today instead of their drip coffee.

I don't even want to be funny or dismissive towards starbucks regulars, just want to say, please do yourself a favor and think about your health if you drink that stuff every day. I felt like garbage all day long and had what felt like a brain freeze for a couple hours after drinking it. Black coffee doesn't take that long to get used to.

i get their iced peppermint mocha once a month or so on the way to work just to feel something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

HEY VAPER posted:

If it makes you feel any better, as a True Seattleite (tm)
i didn't need to read anything beyond this post to know exactly what you were saying

• Locked thread