Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i was in a subway yesterday to use their bathroom

i clogged their toilet

E: also they do so well because their franchise costs are laughably low & you can hire retards for minimum wage to work there. like, doobie could have opened like a half dozen of them w his kick starter money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Three Olives posted:

Subway doesn't even taste like food,

Three Olives posted:

there isn't really anything to dislike about it

yeah people that expect a product to taste like food from a place that sells food are idiots

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

redshirt posted:

Sandwich Keurig.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

mookface posted:

Holy poo poo are all of you gay

lol'd

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Juanito posted:

apparently the egg salad is a canadian subway thing? Because that's the first time I've heard of it, and it sounds really disgusting

lmfao yeah egg salad sandwiches are definitely a canadian thing hahaha

E: also egg salad loving owns & people are idiots for not eating them

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Juanito posted:

Keurig is going to add DRM technology to their new machines so that people can't use generic K-cups, it's complete bullshit. But I'm sure it'll get hacked pretty quick. It isn't a problem with any of the machines available now.

i honestly cnt tell if this is joke or not

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

whats to stop somebody from making a competing product & then just selling a 'subscription' to receive lil cup thingies on a set schedule/quantity

tht seems like a viable product

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
hs anybody else used their microwve to make egg salad sandwiches

Juanito posted:

Probably patents.

cant they get in trouble for monopolizing the gay lazy coffee market?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i really think its misrepresenting reality to call something bound together w mayonnaise 'lean'

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

THS posted:

i was talking about kcups, that egg salad sandwich from subway looks pretty good

tbf most companies that make billions can afford to have professionals make their food look like not-feces

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

like the only place they make sense is in an office break room

maybe a shared living space if people had different preferences & didnt wnt to have more than one coffee maker

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

theflyingexecutive posted:

yeah but coffee grounds clog your pipes, so you have to get them out some other way

eat them & then poop them out into your office toilet

E: also goons mainly hate keurigs bc 3O has one, hth

E2: Keurigs are dumb bc they're expensive and inefficient just do x y or z to make ur cofee :smug: **spends $3000 his gas station wage on star citizen & video cards for his gamin' rig**

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
**posts from slave labor iphone** fuckin gays & their environmentally unfrendly coffee makers

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

abraham linksys posted:

I bought a Keurig thinking I would make more coffee myself and save money and instead it has barely been used because it is 8000 degrees in NYC and I just drink ice coffee all god damned day

the other problem is that I bought a giant variety pack of K-Cups with it and they come in two flavors:

1) hot water
2) the nastiest poo poo you've ever put into your mouth

I did buy a reusable cup for my own grounds tho so maybe once it gets cooler I'll do that and buy a thermos or something. I don't know how y'all even have time to drink coffee in the morning at home, I drink it exclusively on the go or in the office because gently caress gettin up earlier

also I didn't even buy a real Keurig I just got this thing: http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Coffee-BVMC-KG5-001-Powered-Technology/dp/B007JNNQ6Q
because it was the cheapest option. maybe it makes worse coffee than a real keurig? idk

why dont you just use the keurig to make ice coffee?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

abraham linksys posted:

does this actually taste good though

remember this thing doesn't really make good coffee to begin with, the idea of making coffee, containing it, and putting it in the fridge seems like the worst thing you could do with it

jfc goons i dont even have one or drink coffee:

http://www.keurig.com/how-to-brew-iced-coffee-and-iced-tea

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
people that drone on about french presses are infinitely more annoying than proponents of something that makes your coffee by hitting one button

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Fandyien posted:

i ate a double stack from wendy's today. wendy's has the best burgers in the low-end fast food tier

preach on brother

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Torka posted:

simpsons had a bit in the early nineties about homer putting butter in his coffee and the joke was "haha homer's so gross nobody would actually put butter in their coffee"

i did that once because of that episode

E: it was good

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
gonna guess the reason was free//significantly cheaper food

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Xaris posted:

woah really? that's actually p. loving funny. do you happen to know the name of the episode?

i think its actually the open to the tomacco episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
can any other boston goons tell me if im wrong here: this area seems to have fewer subways than others. like, as a kid, i never ate at one. i wasnt even aware of them really. i'm not saying they don't exist out here, there is one down the street from my office, but i feel like they aren't as ubiquitous here.

i would venture to say that real estate prices (whether owned or rented) prohibit their scrub tier selves from gaining much of a foothold

also we arent uncultured as gently caress here and actually have options

E: i feel like NYC and LA goons can probably chime in as well here

• Locked thread