Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

how i make sandwich

mom?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I literally can't make coffee without throwing away a non biodegradable plastic cup each time

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

so is a coffee mug and a washable filter

or a french press

I've used the refillable pod thing at my parents' and its inconvenient and messy enough to fill and clean that it nullifies any convenience posed by the keurig. I think they just throw it in there to provide a "well you don't have to be a wasteful, lazy gently caress to make coffee with it!" argument even though wasteful, lazy fucks are the target market and they will never use it

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Fetus Tree posted:

people that drone on about french presses are infinitely more annoying than proponents of something that makes your coffee by hitting one button

it's turkish coffee that's really magical

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Xaris posted:

the real question is, can you make BULLETPROOF COFFEE, a fan favorite of palo-dieters and crossfit with a k-cup? how many sticks of butter do i need to a k-cup? SWIM needs to know

haha this is the most ridiculous thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YjLMdx3YZY

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

THS posted:

this is such an amazing combination of paleo and new age. "biohacker and author executive toxins toxins"

He put all of that in a cup of coffee, then said it's healthy and helps you lose weight

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

it's sad how the subway proponents itt have never made a sandwich or ordered a decent sandwich anywhere and arwe filled with misconceptions about the world

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Stevie Lee posted:

how do you guys feel about Panera Bread as far as national sandwich places go

I've had some decent sandwiches there.

its kind of like 7-11 coffee versus starbucks coffee, you get the same crap but less of it and it costs more because the menu has sophisticated words stolen shamelessly from a romance language

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Business Gorillas posted:

i dont understand why white people are allergic to seasoning. i had dinner at my mom's house a while back and she threw regular rear end chicken with no seasoning on it onto the grill and thought it was a good idea

It's a white people thing. How much salt you want to put on your chicken is a deeply personal thing and this is why there's salt on the table. On the other hand, in terms of the chemistry of cooking, salt serves a number of purposes other than simply flavoring during the various stages of preparation that food goes through. For example, soaking the thanksgiving turkey in a brine solution saturated with salt for an appropriate period of time will keep your thanksgiving turkey from being dry, because the salt holds water, the same way it does in your fat rear end; you just have to take into account that the turkey is already salted when you season it for baking to make sure you don't salt it again. The same principle can be used to produce insanely juicy, but not unnecessarily salty, pork, chicken, ribs, salmon, brisket, pretty much any meat, but white people are afraid and never learn, not even after decades of dry turkey on thanksgiving. And they're inexplicably putting butter in their coffee right now, as part of a fad diet. To lose weight.

As a white man, it boggles my loving mind

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Aug 5, 2014

• Locked thread