Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Subway doesn't even taste like food, it's like eating salted Styrofoam. Like how do you gently caress up sandwiches?

I mean there isn't really anything to dislike about it the food has no taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Does anyone remember how Subway's gimmick used to be that they baked their own bread in the store? I mean that kind of made sense, people like fresh bread even though their bread isn't very good...

So there used to be this low rent sub franchise place across the street from my house and their gimmick is they sliced the meat when you ordered the sandwich, at the very front of the sub line was a meat slicer and they would take the block of meat out a slice the meat right in front of you...

I never understood that does anyone care when the meat was sliced?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

redshirt posted:

Sandwich Keurig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsfccHgWDb0

I'm seriously considering buying one of these it's just so expensive if they start selling these for like $300 I'm buying a bread Keurig.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

he owns a keurig, so no

True story I had dinner with my family tonight and we had Keurig chat, turns out my brothers and sisters all have Keurigs too so we swapped opinions of K-cups (Hot chocolate is bad, chai tea is good) and convinced my dad to buy one.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

its a way to waste of a couple hundred bucks on a fancy but impractical coffee maker and people get really smug because they own them

like the only place they make sense is in an office break room

Some of us like to be good hosts and offer guests in our homes a selection of beverages while also plays into oh it's no trouble I will just pop this thing into the machine and you can have coffee.

I'm beginning to think goons are really bad about being proper yuppie hosts and socializing.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Business Gorillas posted:

the regular keurig is like $130 now. if i get my fancy office promotion i'm thinking about getting one for my job because the coffee we get is poo poo and i'd be much happier making my own in my office

I think I paid like $100 for mine you can get them on sale. Also the cups don't actually cost what people think they cost they are always on sale somewhere for like 40% off.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

redshirt posted:

Giant bags of trash lifted from 3 Olive's apartment, mainly consisting of used Keurig cups.

Condo.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

redshirt posted:

Corrected.

So do you question your environmental footprint whilst ripping through all those K-Cups?

I use reusable shopping bags it evens out.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

gggiiimmmppp posted:

He put all of that in a cup of coffee, then said it's healthy and helps you lose weight

Never listen to attractive fit people they are always full of poo poo about anything that involves "lifestyle".

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

SpazmasterX posted:

Speaking of subway, who else is old enough to remember the vastly superior V cut subs

I remember when they stopped and they put signs up saying they will cut your sub the old way if you request it but it said the new cut was vastly superior and you were an idiot if you asked them to cut it the old way.

I wonder if they will do the V cut if you request it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

SpazmasterX posted:

The old cut was better because you could load it up and cap it off. Now if you get too many veggies everything just flies out when they fold the halves together. The V cut would probably suck now because the bread is far less dense and sturdy than it used to be.

It's because they took the yoga mat ingredients out bring back the plastic bread Subway!

• Locked thread