Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
I end up eating Subway most times that I drive all day, because I forget or don't have time to pack actual sandwiches. When your easiest options are truck-stop McDonalds and truck-stop Subway, you take what you can get. I end up getting a small, uninteresting sandwich that sits well on my stomach. v:geno:v It serves a purpose in that setting, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

Three Olives posted:

Does anyone remember how Subway's gimmick used to be that they baked their own bread in the store? I mean that kind of made sense, people like fresh bread even though their bread isn't very good...

So there used to be this low rent sub franchise place across the street from my house and their gimmick is they sliced the meat when you ordered the sandwich, at the very front of the sub line was a meat slicer and they would take the block of meat out a slice the meat right in front of you...

I never understood that does anyone care when the meat was sliced?

So that you know it hasn't been sitting out forever, with all that surface area exposed and waiting to be colonized by bacteria?

Three Olives posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsfccHgWDb0

I'm seriously considering buying one of these it's just so expensive if they start selling these for like $300 I'm buying a bread Keurig.

Oh my god. I thought this was going to be some kind of fancy-looking overpriced normal breadmaker, but this is amazing and now I wish I could own one. I would eat rotis all day every day.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

Saalkin posted:

i had an eggsalad sub once. i had it a few months after attending a funeral that had really awesome eggsalad sandwiches.

subways sucked and it ruined my day.

Go for the dead guy, stay for the egg salad sandwiches

I didn't know Subway even had egg salad. That seems inherently untrustworthy.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
I just remembered that I saw a "seafood" sub on a Subway menu once. Apparently it was temporary in the US, but it's on the New Zealand website:

YEAH BABY I'M CRAVING SEAFOOD BLEND!!! Fuckin' imitation crab stick on a Subway sub. Uggghhhhh.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
My terrible secret: I actually like their weird little frozen puck pizzas :blush:

• Locked thread