Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...
The latter, of course. Our economic system is founded on theft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...
^ Actually wage theft and property are more common. :v:

PT6A posted:

Yeah, I think this is all that really needs to be said. Does anyone really thing Madoff or Martha Stewart were acting out of desperation? More to the point, a good amount (I don't know if it's the majority, does someone have stats?) of fraud and theft is committed against people from a similar or lower economic stratum than the offender. Poor people are, from everything I know, vastly more likely to be the victims of property crimes than the rich, so even if it's done out of desperation, don't pretend it's even the least bit just.

Desperate people go after easy targets.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

meat sweats posted:

There was no crime increase during the recent recession.

Crime is caused by being a criminal, which is caused by being raised by lovely parents.

Oh my god I just understood your gimmick. You're Bill Kristol.

:getout:

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...
Normally it's pedantic to point out that there are no criminals, only people who committed crimes, but seeing as meat sweats decided to grace us /w he posting...

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

meat sweats posted:

There are people who have it in them to break into someone else's house and steal poo poo to pawn for cash, and people who don't.

They, of course, do this because they are criminals.

I wasn't addressing you in that post for a reason.

• Locked thread