Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Nidhoggr looked exactly like the Old Iron King from Dark Souls 2, and I remember being pretty drat disappointed in that fight as well. Still, climbing Fafnir's tower the badass way was worth it. Well done on the LP, m'boy. I just wish we could have gotten more Tips N' Tricks with Combat Lobster®™.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
That Fafnir stomp. :allears:

Thanks for a fun LP!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I just love when games let you kill off their last boss like that. Niddhögr after that looks weirdly proportioned, though. He seems to have a really small head. But yeah, that's one kickin' credits song.

Good job on the LP. Just a little sad it didn't get more activity in its lifetime. There's plenty of worse LPs that get much more love.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
It's been a fun, chill LP to watch, thank you for your effort.

I loved the Valkyre run Fafnir moment, very appropiate. Also, as someone else said, the Nidhogg appeareance and mechanics is a giant D&D Shadows over Mystara reference, it only lacks the insta-kill bullshit attack my younger-self hated so much.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

The slimed are clearly a reference to Zelda 2, what with the pillars and everything.

Not to mention the slimes from Castlevania 2, although those slimes were far more annoying in that you couldn't hit them except when they were jumping at you.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Nice LP. I like how the treasure bounces off the spikes.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Haha great ending to a well made LP :)

Only suckers let the boss power up, and Völgarr ain't no fool.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Thanks for the fun LP! I decided it was a little too tough looking for me and ended up not buying it for myself. Since I saw it all the way through, though, I feel like I can buy it as a gift for others and I know a ton of folks who'd get a kick out of it.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

This was a really good LP. Thanks for doing it.

PantslessScot
Dec 4, 2007
Are You Surprised?
Thank you for the fun LP. It was refreshing to see someone being humble about their gaming ability, without turning it into some sort of lampoon or self-hating tirade!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I have a feeling I wouldn't be very good at this game. Thanks for showing it off, though!

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug
Great LP, Lobster!

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
This Let's Play has the Slowbeef Stamp of Approval™! :letsplay:

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

In case you don't follow CVS' co-founder Kris Durrschmidt (@VOLGARR) on twitter he tweeted this interview he did with Game Industry Career Guide. It's an interesting read. He talks about what it's like working as an indie developer as well as what's it like to run a (successful) kickstarter.

This bit here stood out to me mostly because of watching all those Kickstarter Non-starters:

quote:

As far as Kickstarter goes? Even if you have never made a game before, you need to demonstrate that you can with a VERY good prototype or demo that shows exactly what the game is going to be like. For example a fully-finalized level from the game as it would appear in the final product, one that you are proud of. Don’t use only sketches and concept art and mock-up videos. Show gameplay! That is king! Spend the time to make a good video. Not only do you need to show people why they should want to play your game, but you need to sell yourselves as the people behind it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Bumping to remind people that the Volgar XB1 promo ends on December 1, so if you happened to pick up a Bone recently and have GwG you might wanna download Volgarr while it's still free.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Bumping to remind people that the Volgar XB1 promo ends on December 1, so if you happened to pick up a Bone recently and have GwG you might wanna download Volgarr while it's still free.
I picked it up. It is kicking my rear end.

Do you really have to beat it in one go to get the best ending because holy poo poo.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Nihilarian posted:

Do you really have to beat it in one go to get the best ending because holy poo poo.

Yep, it's one of the main reasons why my total playtime is 94 hours. :bang:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It seems like the Volgarr Games with Gold promo was extended into this month, too. A bunch of countries didn't get it the first time, so I think they're giving it another run for everyone that missed out.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
$2.49 on Humble! https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/volgarrtheviking_storefront

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Finally got to the end of this.

I appreciate how they're getting you all powered up in short order to take down the last couple of bosses.

• Locked thread