Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

So I've been working on an RPG project for a while now, and I'm at the stage where I'm gathering together some art assets (just got my first commissioned piece via e-mail this morning, very exciting) and I've tentatively found someone who's agreed to do the layout at least for the earlier stages of the project. Now I'm looking to find an artist to design some trade dress - a cover template, borders, and sidebar boxes. Does anyone have any advice on where I should be looking and/or what I should expect? Or how I should communicate what I'm looking for, for that matter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Thanks for the info, that's helpful. I'll probably post to SA Mart for my needs, like you suggest.

A template contract would potentially be incredibly useful, if you feel like digging it up. (Very generous of you to offer, incidentally.) So far everyone I've been dealing with is comfortable without a contract as long as I'm able to make it clear what I'm looking for and what I'm offering in exchange, but I expect sooner or later I'm going to need to start dealing with contracts as the project progresses.

• Locked thread