Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Thug Lessons posted:

The rules: pick a hard game and beat it in a month. Don't abuse savestates or any crap like that. If you beat it you proved you're a true gamer, if you don't beat it you get banned. Or I guess you can write an essay explaining why you're too much of a scrub to beat it but whatever, a true gamer would get banned before admitting that and that's what this is all about, showing the true gamer spirit by beating a hard game. Don't pick Dark Souls. Ganbatte.

I'm going to beat Super Ghosts 'n Goblins for the SNES.

Dark Souls isn't even hard so why would you bring it up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
fSomeone said Rayman 1, and I say that's not allowed, because the rayman games are really easy.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Do people still consider God Hand to be hard? Cause I could probably beat that in an afternoon.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Just beat Mega Man. I am now a true gamer.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Wormskull posted:

Dark Souls isn't even hard so why would you bring it up?

Because someone might have picked it otherwise.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I never played FTL since the big update, what is considered a hard challenge in that? I will do thing

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Thug Lessons posted:

Because someone might have picked it otherwise.

:rolleyes:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fellis posted:

I never played FTL since the big update, what is considered a hard challenge in that? I will do thing
Good news, gamer. "Hard" is strictly relative, so do whatever is hard for you personally.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Wormskull posted:

Good news, gamer. "Hard" is strictly relative, so do whatever is hard for you personally.

im asking because i dont know because i haven't played it since the update????

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Why don't you try it and see.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

fronz posted:

fSomeone said Rayman 1, and I say that's not allowed, because the rayman games are really easy.

rayman 1 is actually pretty hard though. the toughest entry in the series by far imho

Dec 26, 2012

Fellis posted:

im asking because i dont know because i haven't played it since the update????

the flagship at the end is harder in the new edition because it takes advantage of the new subsystems (hacking/mind control) and some of the new weapons are positively nasty on enemy ships in general. at least that was my impression

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

AHungryRobot posted:

rayman 1 is actually pretty hard though. the toughest entry in the series by far imho

thats not saying much, since rayman 1 is still easy. play Dustforce or something, noob.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

fronz posted:

thats not saying much, since rayman 1 is still easy. play Dustforce or something, noob.

LOL

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Ah Map
Oct 9, 2012
I am rubbish at games how about if I pick an easy one and don't complete it ever instead?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

fronz posted:

going from having never played to SSing Yotta in a month's time sounds like the kind of thing that could drive a man to reap taints.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
whats a difficult older game that's difficult by good design rather than by bad design

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mung Dynasty posted:

whats a difficult older game that's difficult by good design rather than by bad design

Silver Surfer.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

I think Zelda II is a hard game that's not intentionally unfair. It gets pretty loving hard around Death Mountain, though.

Good luck with the final Palace, too.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I'll post my scores per chapter. My grades' are gonna be abysmal but whatevs.

Goht, MD can I still purchase dodge and air parry if I do this challenge?

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am going to play a boardgame because that is a "hard" game as opposed to "soft"ware games.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Ralp posted:

I am going to play a boardgame because that is a "hard" game as opposed to "soft"ware games.

haha more like "bored"game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Just beat The Wolf Amongst Us. I consider it a hard game because it's hard to sit through point and click adventures, especially when their made for complete retards. lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm building all the houses in Hearthfire, which is pretty hard because you need 4000 pieces of iron.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm building all the houses in Hearthfire, which is pretty hard because you need 4000 pieces of iron.

The only hard thing you've done lately is take hard rods into your rear end.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

The only hard thing you've done lately is take hard rods into your rear end.

The only thing likely to go up my rear end is the spring inside my gaming chair when it collapses from playing Skyrim in it all day.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You'd probably enjoy that, hence why you have several thousands of hours racked up in Skyrim in the past few weeks.

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>
im going to beat infamous second son on normal difficulty this motnh

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Skyrim is actually really good when you install 60 modws onto it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Skyrim is actually really good when you install 60 modws onto it.

I watched The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug today and it made me reinstall Skyrim. lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I watched The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug today and it made me reinstall Skyrim. lol

I hope this is real.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

Sound like a good reason to invest in a new gaming chair imo, one of those high-quality jobs without a spring.

Your completely missing the point. There's a reason Knuc U Kinte has been trolled to the point of deleting his account at least 4 times (could be more since I quit posting there) from BadGame, which, might I remind you, is filled with the most insanely deviant pedophiles you've ever heard of.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Your completely missing the point. There's a reason Knuc U Kinte has been trolled to the point of deleting his account at least 4 times (could be more since I quit posting there) from BadGame, which, might I remind you, is filled with the most insanely deviant pedophiles you've ever heard of.

Quit posting...is a fancy way of saying "getting flamed out of the forum for failing to collect all 120 stars in Mario 64"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Quit posting...is a fancy way of saying "getting flamed out of the forum for failing to collect all 120 stars in Mario 64"

I quit because I was powerless against the hordes of hosed up misogynist pedophiles and rapists and the mods themselves not only allowed but practically encouraged there behavior. 120 stars... I quit that because Shifting Sand Lands can kiss my gigantic, pockmarked rear end.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
oh this forum really is you two guys's chat room like everyone says. lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You need to keep a leash on your YOSPOS minions, Knuc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?

Wormskull posted:

You need to keep a leash on your YOSPOS minions, Knuc.

he's my minion.

• Locked thread