Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

going to try my hand at Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

drat!

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

he hasn't beat the game yet tho???:confused:

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Doctor Goat posted:

if you got me on your steam friends list and want a hard game: beat my first two levels or hardester times

if not here they are:
hexagon: 82:00
hexagoner: 86:54
hardester: 22:30 (the easy target)

I have

Hexagon: 172:07
Hexagoner: 121:21
Hexagonest: 96:28
Hyper Hexagon: 161:16
Hyper Hexagoner: 137:43
Hyper Hexagonest: 76:57

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

episode 1 annihliated

drat im good

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
at some point this month I will figure out how to play acclaimed map game Crusader Kings 2

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I'm slowly making my way towards 'platinum god' on binding of Isaac. Not sure if it's gonna be done by the end of the month, but it will happen.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dongslayer. posted:

at some point this month I will figure out how to play acclaimed map game Crusader Kings 2

It's probably the easiest one to learn, brother.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

Wormskull posted:

It's probably the easiest one to learn, brother.

ive had enough false starts that i understand the ui and general actions and now i need to apply them into accomplishing something

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Start as a count, independent or vassal, and try to get all big n poo poo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's a little more boring to do it that way since not as much goes on at first but it gives you time to figure stuff out and you won't have to stare at the game for a few minutes stuck on 867 trying to figure out the intricacies of a big kingdom or something.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

No Such Thing posted:

I'm slowly making my way towards 'platinum god' on binding of Isaac. Not sure if it's gonna be done by the end of the month, but it will happen.

The no-hit cheevs are the hardest imo, take an emperor card and hope you get a double level and easy bosses.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Dongslayer. posted:

ive had enough false starts that i understand the ui and general actions and now i need to apply them into accomplishing something

Duke of Apuila in 1066 is good for newb. You can also try playing in a big family like the Jimena's or Rurikids and consolidating your dynasty's stuff, to get familiar with expanding through inheritance and stabbing.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
you should follow capnandy's tutorial lp

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Fellis posted:

The no-hit cheevs are the hardest imo, take an emperor card and hope you get a double level and easy bosses.

can't you just shovel past them? or does the game not count that?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I'm going to beat Quake 1 on Nightmare difficulty without using quicksaves.

I did this when I was in HS. Fun game. didn't use savestates, just used the autosave at the end of the level thing.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

i 1CCed dodonpachi daifukkatsu so my hard game of the month is beaten

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
So close

Just to show that I don't have upgrades.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

No Such Thing posted:

can't you just shovel past them? or does the game not count that?

Nope gotta do both bosses. It sucks, everything else you'll get a good run eventually but the no-hits you need to have a good run and be really lucky or just be hella good at dodging but the expansion makes that poo poo crazy hard

it was much easier pre-expansion and when there were a variety of ways to glitch invuln

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

challenge update: FTL is boring as poo poo, now playing through Lost Alpha and only saving at the beginning of an area. I find myself not looting every goddamn thing like a packrat because it takes so long other than that its the same bullshit.

e: oh I also solo stealthed a Deathwish Shadow Raid and got 16+ bags and the armor in Payday 2

Fellis fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Aug 12, 2014

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Swelter Discharge posted:

i 1CCed dodonpachi daifukkatsu so my hard game of the month is beaten

Gj a gain

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

thank you

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Dungeon Crawl Progress report: lost a game at 2 (almost 3) runes, 2 games at 2 runes. Current run looks promising with having spider and swamp runes and accumulating a bunch of escape stuff I have sworn to remember to use more often. But, I am having terrible book luck and am having to spread skills out thinner than I'd like.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Duke of Apuila in 1066 is good for newb. You can also try playing in a big family like the Jimena's or Rurikids and consolidating your dynasty's stuff, to get familiar with expanding through inheritance and stabbing.

i went with au brian of munster because ireland was described as the newbie island. yesterday i made a vassal of the count of desmond. trying to fabricate more claims but all my courtiers are too young to marry claimants atm.

Next ambition: king of ireland.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
I'm going to win a game of Dota 2 in LPQ - if I don't post again it will be because I shot myself dead.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Super Rad posted:

I'm going to win a game of Dota 2 in LPQ - if I don't post again it will be because I shot myself dead.

Please be careful, Dota 2 is not worth anyone's life.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

i just started playing classic everquest 1. i dont know how to beat it and i already died 4 times but i think i'm on the right path???

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

Update on Ninja Gaiden 2: I think I'm about halfway through. I just destroyed a flying aircraft carrier called Daedalus, which reminded me of when I destroyed a flying aircraft carrier in Saints Row 3 which was also called Daedalus.

Why the hell is every flying aircraft carrier called Daedalus?

Jackfruit
Apr 27, 2006

dem bones dem bones gonna walk around

Kylra posted:

Dungeon Crawl Progress report: lost a game at 2 (almost 3) runes, 2 games at 2 runes. Current run looks promising with having spider and swamp runes and accumulating a bunch of escape stuff I have sworn to remember to use more often. But, I am having terrible book luck and am having to spread skills out thinner than I'd like.

what kinda character are you playing? books shouldnt be much of an issue for blasters unless you've decided against vehumet/sif, especially at that stage of the game (veh would have given you the endgame conjurations by this point)

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

BoredDG posted:

Update on Ninja Gaiden 2: I think I'm about halfway through. I just destroyed a flying aircraft carrier called Daedalus, which reminded me of when I destroyed a flying aircraft carrier in Saints Row 3 which was also called Daedalus.

Why the hell is every flying aircraft carrier called Daedalus?

because daedalus was icarus's dad and he made both of them a set of wings

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Vargs posted:

i just started playing classic everquest 1. i dont know how to beat it and i already died 4 times but i think i'm on the right path???

lmao the corpse name

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'm about to beat Bayonetta, is that hard enough?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Decided on the movie tie in game TOYS on the SNES after the tragic loss of our dear gamer friend.

Still can't get past level 2 without save states but I'm getting a lot less terrible.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Played this over and over again because of Raptors and the GRAD.

I keep missing fights from stealth killing. Gotta break that habit. I don't think it's possible to do the fight when you're staggering around at base health. Also the game won't let you die and keep you at 0.1% when you're in the front of World Marshall fighting off the soldiers before Monsoon's fight.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Jackfruit posted:

what kinda character are you playing? books shouldnt be much of an issue for blasters unless you've decided against vehumet/sif, especially at that stage of the game (veh would have given you the endgame conjurations by this point)
I forget what I was for that run by now, but I'm pretty sure I was doing Sif at that point. I'm playing summoners at the moment. That run was a weird run for drops though.

I almost had a V5 rune last run, so maybe this time I will go all the way. This is my first time doing snake though. I don't think I like it. Those sharpshooters hurt.

Dec 26, 2012

01011001 posted:

i will pledge to volgarr, then

3 levels down, 2 to go

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

I was at the tail end of the last level and started getting impatient with the last stealth bit.

I had to cheese one of the fights by exploiting enemy pathfinding. That elevator ride with the hammer fatty and three sliders was just too much since it dropped two mastiffs once you thin the herd.

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

BoredDG posted:

Alright, I'll try Ninja Gaiden 2.

:ninja:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm working through the original Shantae which is pretty tough i think, but its pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mabels big day posted:

I'm working through the original Shantae which is pretty tough i think, but its pretty good

i tried thatr a few weeks ago and couldnt stand how big the characters and poo poo were on the screen, you can hardly see in front of you

• Locked thread