Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
If I say dungeon crawl do I have to do a 12 rune run or is 3 enough?

Also the essay for dungeon crawl pretty much writes itself and I may as well write it right now. Xom thinks it's funny that I got banished to the abyss AGAIN. Arrggh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Jackfruit posted:

a 3 rune should be sufficient if you haven't beaten the game before, imho.
My current character is the first one to make it past lair 2 without dying in a terrific accident, so I guess 3 rune. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it though.

Thug Lessons posted:

3 runes is enough. I'm a hardcore Crawl player and almost all my wins are 3-rune because it just takes too long otherwise. If you really want a challenge, do a hard combo instead of MiFi/DDBe/etc.
I'm currently a Demigod Summoner. I read no one likes summoners, but I seem to be doing alright with them and what is considered a difficult species? Tabbing through everything seems pretty boring imo, so I'll probably keep playing casters.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Dungeon Crawl Progress report: lost a game at 2 (almost 3) runes, 2 games at 2 runes. Current run looks promising with having spider and swamp runes and accumulating a bunch of escape stuff I have sworn to remember to use more often. But, I am having terrible book luck and am having to spread skills out thinner than I'd like.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Jackfruit posted:

what kinda character are you playing? books shouldnt be much of an issue for blasters unless you've decided against vehumet/sif, especially at that stage of the game (veh would have given you the endgame conjurations by this point)
I forget what I was for that run by now, but I'm pretty sure I was doing Sif at that point. I'm playing summoners at the moment. That run was a weird run for drops though.

I almost had a V5 rune last run, so maybe this time I will go all the way. This is my first time doing snake though. I don't think I like it. Those sharpshooters hurt.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I beat Lichdom: Battlemage instead.

• Locked thread