Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Thug Lessons posted:

The rules: pick a hard game and beat it in a month. Don't abuse savestates or any crap like that. If you beat it you proved you're a true gamer, if you don't beat it you get banned. Or I guess you can write an essay explaining why you're too much of a scrub to beat it but whatever, a true gamer would get banned before admitting that and that's what this is all about, showing the true gamer spirit by beating a hard game. Don't pick Dark Souls. Ganbatte.

I'm going to beat Super Ghosts 'n Goblins for the SNES.

Good luck gamer. I'm thinking of a good hard game to beat myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Quake 1 or 2 on Nightmare difficulty, Maldita Castilla (which Ghosts n' Goblins reminded me of), and a hard Doom megawad on Ultra Violence all seem like good candidates to me.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I'm going to beat Quake 1 on Nightmare difficulty without using quicksaves.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Swelter Discharge posted:

im ogoing to beat a hard game but not because you told me to

What game?

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

i will in honor of this month defeat the mainline contra series and castlevania 1 for nes

That's going to be tough, good luck.

Is it fascism yet posted:

Dodonpachi Daiffukkutsu is my guess

I dont play shmups but I heard those games were hard.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

E2M5 is kicking my rear end, but I vow to press on.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Congratulations!

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Bump.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Borsche69 posted:

[stares in awe]

Jesuse Christ. The trolls are destroying this god drat forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
This is a serious thread for serious gaming...Smdh

• Locked thread