Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackfruit
Apr 27, 2006

dem bones dem bones gonna walk around
does necrodancer count if i do it on bard mode but hardcore mode also. i call it "bardcore"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackfruit
Apr 27, 2006

Kylra posted:

If I say dungeon crawl do I have to do a 12 rune run or is 3 enough?

Also the essay for dungeon crawl pretty much writes itself and I may as well write it right now. Xom thinks it's funny that I got banished to the abyss AGAIN. Arrggh.

a 3 rune should be sufficient if you haven't beaten the game before, imho.

Jackfruit
Apr 27, 2006

In the absence of any objections, I'll play Crypt of the NecroDancer on hardcore mode using the Bard character (ie, without the rhythm element). I feel the game is difficult enough without turn limits.

Jackfruit
Apr 27, 2006

Ekster posted:

I'm going to attempt not getting friendzoned this month, wish me luck

Ganbatte, gamer.

Jackfruit
Apr 27, 2006

Is it fascism yet posted:

i heard that thing loving sucks

its fine in itself but there aren't very many games for it you couldn't just as well play on something else.

Jackfruit
Apr 27, 2006

gamer hell yeah. the bard ended up not being as difficult as i thought, but still took some doing. gonna have to try to get to the legendary Zone 4... i have no idea how that works. i'll try to beat the game with the default character going forward, but i'm gonna count this month's Hard Game Challenge as a success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackfruit
Apr 27, 2006

Kylra posted:

Dungeon Crawl Progress report: lost a game at 2 (almost 3) runes, 2 games at 2 runes. Current run looks promising with having spider and swamp runes and accumulating a bunch of escape stuff I have sworn to remember to use more often. But, I am having terrible book luck and am having to spread skills out thinner than I'd like.

what kinda character are you playing? books shouldnt be much of an issue for blasters unless you've decided against vehumet/sif, especially at that stage of the game (veh would have given you the endgame conjurations by this point)

• Locked thread