Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Roar posted:

This could be either an awesome thing, a terrible thing or a whatever thing.

Which basically means I have no idea what this means for Twitch in the long run.

Well if it means no more DMCA bullshit then it's at least a slightly better thing. A friend of mine on Steam streams everything he plays through Twitch, and he used to play his own music while playing. But then Google apparently hooked up their YouTube auto-mute-whatever to Twitch so that it would mute entire recorded streams for a single instance of any DMCA protected song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I'm mainly just confused by how Twitch wound up with that filter getting put in place. Because now it seems Google never actually bought them out, they just closed a deal but no money or ownership changed hands. Was that just a pre-emptive measure as terms of the acquisition?

Because if Twitch just decided to do it on their own that's probably not going to change when Amazon moves in. Not that it would anyways, now that I think of it.