Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER

4/17/2020: Listen guys, Imma be straight with you. Some of the stuff below is just straight up outdated. If you don't know how to stream by this point, there are a plethora of tutorials available on the internet to get you started - all you really need to do is download OBS and get working from there. Some of the stuff below is still valid but frankly this thread is mostly for just letting the Let's Play community know that you're streaming. Please don't take any of the following :words: as gospel because I just can't be assed to rewrite this whole guide! Just post!!!!!!!!!!

1/18/2023: just watch something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GalbTuZD2-A who cares just post your fuckin stream link

DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER

Now that that's said and done:

Stream banner courtesy of nine-gear crow!

Related Links: SSLP Test PosterRulesLP ArchiveMaster ListNew LP Annoucement ThreadCo-Commentation StationRecomendation ThreadRequest ListLet's Play RSS feed

Welcome to the Let's Stream Megathread!

There aren't a ton of rules for posting in this thread or what sort of streams are allowed here - you can do whole game playthroughs, one-offs, co-op matches, game reviews, it doesn't matter. You can also post about specific streaming questions, including software (ie. obs or xsplit) or hosting services (ie. Twitch vs. Hitbox vs. Youtube). As long as your post is centured around livestreaming and has a very obvious video gaming base, feel free to post here. The only limit is YOUR IMAGINATION! and the things I'll put below.

FAQ:

What the hell is streaming?

Streaming is a means of live broadcasting to the internet. There are a bunch of sites available for you to start streaming, the most notable of which being Twitch.tv, Hitbox, Beam, and Youtube. There are other sites available as well, but those mentioned will probably give you the best service. Feel free to post about any alternatives that you find.

Which streaming site should I use?

That depends entirely on your preferences:

Twitch

Pros

--By far the most widely used site, has a much bigger viewer base
--Generally stable for most users
--Easy to set up and use
--Wide variety of mods and bots avaiable exclusively to Twitch
--Relatively decent delay (~10s)
--Owned by Amazon, not likely to close anytime soon

Cons

--The viewer base as a whole is generally horrible
--Twitch face emotes
--Stability is spotty during big events (tournaments, agdq, etc)

Twitch Notes:
--If you use Twitch, be warned that they are relatively strict about banning accounts that stream games they don't approve of. This includes, but is not limited to, the games on this list.)
--Twitch will mute your saved videos if they include copyrighted music (see below).

Hitbox

Pros

--More leniency on the games allowed to stream (though the hitbox TOS does prohibit sexual content)
--Better chat options (ability to post images to chat, etc).

Cons

--Not quite as easy to set up
--Much less universally stable for all users
--Much smaller userbase (though that may be a pro for some)
--AFAIK not owned by any parent company, no promise of longevity

Mixer

Pros

--Very short delay (0-5s)
--Has a points system where you can play games or participate with the chat
--Owned by Microsoft

Cons

--Very small community
--The points system is kind of dumb
--Not universally stable for all computers/browsers

Youtube

+ Has DVR feature (your viewers can go back in time and i.e. watch the bossfight you just finished again and then hop back to "live"
+ Has highest quality of all of the services atm (kbps upload)
+ Has quality options for everyone, not just for partnered accounts
+ Allows you to store VODs (past streams) indefinitely (it's YouTube after all )

- gaming.youtube.com is insanely hidden, for whatever reason. The main site doesn't even link to it. Because of that discovery is harder than on dedicated streaming sites. However, if you have subscribers already, there is no difference to reach those compared to other streaming services.
- No "Subscribe" button (people paying you monthly). YT is trying to catch up, but Twitch is so far the leader in this, with plenty of chat tools to support that (sub-only chat, etc

How do I do this video game streaming?

You can download free software such as OBS or Xsplit which will enable you to stream to various sites (also for free). Scroll down a bit further in this post and there's a bunch of guides by both goons here and major hosts for getting started, as well as some other more complex stuff if you decide to go deep.

Free software exists (such as OBS) as well as paid software (Xsplit - free to start but includes some paid features). Regardless of the software you use, there are many guides available to customize your streaming experience:

quote:

Getting Started on Twitch with OBS

Getting Started on Hitbox with OBS (links straight to connection settings, but also contains a generic OBS guide for your convenience)

Getting Started on Twitch with Xsplit

Getting Started on Hitbox with Xsplit

Does my stream have to be all high-quality, serious and LP-centric?

Of course not! This is a place to play games with others or to LP in real time without the constraints of needing your own thread. That being said, this is Something Awful so don't get all pissy if people make criticisms about your webcam screamfest.

Can I stream movies with friends and post it here?

Slowbeef posted:

Hi all. Apparently, I missed some drama while I was away. I'm not gonna dredge up all of it yet, but I have to say this:

Absolutely do not stream movies and link to it here, even if you are riffing on them or you will be banned.

Absolutely do not stream movies and link to it here, even if you are riffing on them or you will be banned.

Don't rules-lawyer with me on this; if you want to do it, you have to keep it wholly off-site, or at least this forum. I don't want it involved with the Let's Play forum at all. Even if it's a game-related movie, it doesn't belong here, and it's not kosher in CD either. I know streaming happens off-site, but you can't use the LP forum to advertise if/when you are doing this.

I've got something to add to the OP!

Knock yourself out. Anything that makes life easier for you will probably make life easier for others so I'm more than willing to add it.

I have so many questions!!!!!

Feel free to ask away. Most of the people who post in this thread have been doing it for quite a while and are generally willing to assist others. If your question is overly technical in nature, you might want to cross-post to the LP Tech Support Fort.

Roar fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jan 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Posting Guidelines:

- Post a link to your stream

- Say what game/s you're playing

- Say if you're streaming now or later*

Use your own judgement on how often you advertise your stream. Seriously, posting that you're streaming more than once or twice a day is probably too much without having a good reason to do so. You can reply and converse about streams all drat day, though, if you so choose.

*posting to say that you'll be playing eight hours from now or something like that is pretty silly because literally no one will remember to pencil you into their calendars

DO NOT DO THESE THINGS:

- Don't post that you're not streaming. That's what Twitter is for.

- Don't post a donation stream without moderator permission. That's been a SA global rule for a while. They can ban your rear end.

---(Note that this does NOT include charity streams, per Geop. Go nuts with that bullshit.

- Don't shill your bullshit here. Having a patreon or kickstarter or loving paypal button on your twitch.tv channel is fine if you're into that sort of thing but don't try and make a business out of it here, Christ. This leads from the previous rule: sellout all you want in your own channel but leave SA out of it.

- Don't take things too seriously. This is a cool place for cool people, just relax and play some goddamn games.
I stole parts of this from the last streaming thread. I'm very, very sorry if you have a problem with that.

Helpful User Guides:

quote:

Some helpful advice for streaming:

STOP CARING ABOUT HOW MANY VIEWERS YOU HAVE

Let's face it: every streamer wants to entertain the world. We'd all like to use our amazing game playing skills to host a sort of pseudo-party with a bunch of friends (or enemies). That being said, there are few things worse than listening to a stream that the broadcaster is pretty much saying "gee I wish there were more people here" - this is annoying to listen to and insulting to the people who chose to watch; it basically is saying that they're not good enough. If you aren't getting enough viewers, switch games! There are billions-ish of a games out there for you to try your hand at, switch up genres! Just have fun while you're doing it and people will come back for more.

DON'T BE UNWILLING TO CHANGE

If you just wanted to play video games, then you would just play them - you wouldn't bother setting up twitch or hitbox or whatever accounts, you wouldn't bother screwing around with OBS, you wouldn't spend a lot of time playing with little red boxes to make sure everything lines up properly on your broadcasting windows. At the end of the day, you're broadcasting to include a group of people into your little gaming circle - your viewers are who you're streaming for (especially if you're monetizing). If they have a criticism or request to change, put serious thought into instituting said change! Don't bend over backwards for one person if they're way off-base, mind you, but when the majority has a valid request, you might want to consider it. We're all here to have a good time, after all!

ALWAYS - ALWAYS - ALWAYS RECORD LOCALLY

(if you care about your VOD/stream archival footage and are using Twitch)

Twitch instituted a copyright protection system that muted sections of audio of a stream if it detected any protected music. When it rolled out, it was hilarious easy to circumvent - now, though, the audio removal is server-side and completely irreversible. If you desperately want to play Pandora sick dubstep wubs over your stream that's your own business, but be prepared for Twitch to silence you completely for any future viewers.

Vifs posted:

IRC poo poo for twitch

The Good
-Fixes almost every issue with chat (ie. not loading or not displaying messages)
-Because its IRC you get useful features like timestamps and join/leave notifications
-If you are a real nerd you already have a IRC client installed and running almost 24/7
-You can use commands like .ban Name, or .timeout Name Time
-Big IRC clients like MIRC have quite a few plugins for it
-Customizable background and text colors, font, and pretty much everything else, because of this, it is way nicer for chat overlays too
-You can join multiple channels at once if needed

The Bad
-You have to set up an Oauth token, a big nasty string that you wont remember
-As far as I know of, there is no way to have the same username colors in IRC as on twitch
-No emotes(might be a pro for some)
-Harder to setup and use then in browser chat

Recommend Clients if you have no idea what you are doing
-MIRC (super common/popular on windows, but wants you to buy it at start up every time)
-HexChat (open source and will run on anything)
-XChat (A bit old and has basically been remade into Hex Chat)

They have made things quite easy to set up now. Twitch has set up a pretty good guide. Basically you just point the server at irc.twitch.tv:6667 and log in with your username and oauth key, and join any channel like any IRC channel. Feel free to ask any questions if you can't get it set up, random issue pop up from time to time.

One more thing:
I have been coding a IRC client for twitch on and off for the last few months. It still doesn't have a lot of features fleshed out, but it does fix some issues I have with IRC: Username colors and emotes. I have a github repository set up here, but click here for just the installer. Please note this will only work on windows unless you set it up to compile with mono or something.

quote:

Downloading Archived Streams
The previous method was defunct so -

http://jdownloader.org/

Download JDownloader2 Beta. It works like a dream - copy the archived footage link into the program and it will download it. It will not, of course, restore muted audio.

Vifs posted:

So in the past I have had issues with audio volumes/balancing, today I tried out this virtual audio mixer that helped me make sure that everyone in skype, myself, and the game audio were correctly balanced. Both xsplit and obs make it a little hard to balance audio, so if you have had issues with that, I recommend this.

So both of these programs are dontionware, so they are free. You will need both Virtual Audio Cable and Voicemeeter from http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/index.htm

So voicemeeter is a virtual mixer, that has 3 inputs and outputs. You should mess around with it, but how I have it set up is:
Input:
Cable Output(this is for skype, I have Cable Input as my output in skype)
Microphone
Virtual Cable(I have this set to default in the playback device)
Output:
Speakers/Headset(I route skype and the virtual cable to this)
Virtual Cable(I route everything to this for xsplit)

Because everything is handled with this, I set the virtual output as my microphone on xsplit, and mute the computer audio

If you have any questions feel free to PM me, or try to hit me up on my twitch channel, I have the IRC channel open almost 24/7.

vifs posted:

So I used to play music while I streamed, depending on the game, and I used Pandora. I wanted to move away from that and start using royalty free music, and I found there is a lot of it on SoundCloud.

So I wrote up a little program that will start up chrome and open up SoundCloud with a separate window that will display all the song info. You can use Xsplit/OBS to hook into that window so you don't have to worry about another screen overlapping it.

https://github.com/vifs/SoundCloudViewer
I have included the exe in the project so you do not have to compile it, but you will need chrome installed and be running windows. You can just download the whole thing as a Zip, under the "Clone or download" button, and run the exe. The exe is located at "SoundCloudViewer/SoundCloudViewer/bin/Debug"

Hopefully some of you find this useful, you can PM me if you have any questions.

Roar fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 9, 2017

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Vifs posted:

You might want to grab the user guides from the last thread and just put them in the OP or something.

Also if anyone wants advice on xsplit message me or something.

I added the IRC one. The other one pretty much amounted to "don't use anything but Twitch or Hitbox" so I modified the OP to reflect as much.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Gonna play Binding of Isaac for an hour, hour and a halfish.

http://www.twitch.tv/Roar_SA

HEY I'M TALKIGN TO SLUR NOW

I accomplished literally nothing

I blame Slur

Roar fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Aug 6, 2014

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
As polarizing as they were, I think that the Tipping 40s had a pretty good system - they didn't mention the donations on sight or really even in the streams/videos themselves, but they gave thank you's to those who did at the beginning of their recording sessions.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Polsy posted:

I made https://twitter.com/SALPStreams if anyone wants the web page in twitter form, though you can't tell when people stop streaming.

Added to the OP. Thanks brohammer!

Also fixed the links in the IRC guide.

Cheez posted:

Wow, that absolutely makes me sick. There's a lot of things I still want to watch, and a lot of things I want to be able to watch in the future, but I'm not some big company like, say, Twitch, who can afford to keep things on their servers...

I'm not surprised tbh. A lot of people don't even know that twitch automatically does archiving.

Anything you really want to save forever and ever can be downloaded using this - it gets the flv files for you in super inconvenient 30 minute blocks but it's better than nothing.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Kuvo posted:

Some funny things are happening with regards to this, like videos on their official channel being muted (see http://www.twitch.tv/twitch/b/548824097). Also there's this

The whole thing sounds like an kneejerk reaction due to youtube acquiring them. They're probably going to get a lot of backlash over it.

Not to mention that the muted effect doesn't affect streams that are downloaded via the downloader link I put up earlier.

I get why they're doing it but this changes literally nothing for anyone with an ounce of technical sense.

\/ Oh I'm sure they'll fix the space bar thing at some point. Unless they're literally blocking out the audio from the source video, though, I can't imagine they can fix the downloaded version.

Roar fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Aug 7, 2014

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
I'm going to play Cave Story for the first time tonight. I have no idea how it works or really what it's even about. I've only played through the first two screens, in which it took me ten minutes to figure out how to leave the first room and then I immediately jumped into a bat.

I predict a magical adventure.

(I'm playing until my wife gets home from her night meeting which could be a few hours from now or literally ten seconds after making this post. Don't be offended if I'm like, oh gotta go right now bye!)

All done! I got about twenty or thirty minutes in before immediately quitting and starting over to go again in medium mode because everyone was getting MAD ABOUT VIDEO GAMES

Roar fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Aug 7, 2014

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Hitbox is having enormous issues for me in the fact that there's no option to lower the quality. My internet isn't good enough to handle HD streaming :/

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Are you seriously asking me technical questions? We've done two streams together now and they've both been technical-issue trainwrecks. Anything more complicated than "push button to start" will usually need some elbow grease.

But I'm not talking about streaming, I'm talking about viewing. It may just be because of that whole jumping boat to hitbox thing but it was stuttering like crazy the whole time I was watching it:

Roar fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 7, 2014

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

I'm here too! And slur!

he's playing y's origin now

thank loving christ

Roar fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Aug 8, 2014

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
I'm gonna blind-run some Cave Story in about ten minutes.

http://www.twitch.tv/roar_sa

I am sort of confused as to why this game is so lauded

Roar fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Aug 9, 2014

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Well, it's been a good run guys, come on, show's over

p.s. love you rg

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
I'm streaming now because Slur is saying I should and whatever I'm playing BoI anyways so come watch me have a hopefully mellow time.

Roar fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Aug 11, 2014

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Robin Williams is dead and I'm not okay with it. I'm going to kill people and blow up goddamn water towers in Just Cause 2 until I feel better.

ended up playing genesis aladdin instead
all in all i am little surprised things went as well as they did

Roar fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Aug 12, 2014

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
On August 12th in the year of our Lord 2014, I declare that any particular picture may be used to describe any game as many times as one wishes.

Bonus points to whomever advertises their stream using nothing but ASCII art.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Going to be testing some Chulip. It's pretty late and most likely won't talk too much and I'm not even sure it will work but gently caress it I feel like throwing SOMETHING up, I've been in the mountains for like a week.

If this actually works I'll probably play it for real at a later point this week.

Test marginally successful, though the chat overlay didn't update. Oh well.

Roar fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Aug 18, 2014

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Gonna bullshit around in Binding of Isaac for a while. Gonna focus on Judas since I need to get to The Chest with him at some point and gently caress it, might as well.

Roar fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Aug 22, 2014

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Man, why couldn't I have been streaming during THIS BoI run?

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Time to test Hitbox! Check it out if you wanna watch me hate myself by playing Binding of Isaac with Eve!

http://www.hitbox.tv/RoarSA

(until whenever my wife gets back which could be ten minutes or two hours, only time can tell!!)

Apparently people can't see hitbox which appears to be gross garbage, I'm at twitch now

GOLDEN GOD SON

Roar fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Aug 24, 2014

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
BoI, Samson run with Slur because I hate myself

Samson in the bag!

???, not so much

Roar fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Aug 25, 2014

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
This could be either an awesome thing, a terrible thing or a whatever thing.

Which basically means I have no idea what this means for Twitch in the long run.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Time to kiss more ladies and guys faces in Chulip

I was gonna start over but uh nah so basically I kissed Onion Lady and need to write a new love letter for the love of my life

Also I don't really know the ins and outs of this game so if you want some casual fuckin' Chulip action come hang out

WE KISSED SO MANY PEOPLE

Here are the notes for next time:

code:
OUR CURRENT GOAL: Get back Love Letter Set / 

Love Interest
Michelle (cleaning lady)
Julie (love interests mom / makes chicken)
Goro (love interests dad / makes sweet sweet potatoes)
Batayan (bum/musician)
Leo (tiger/spa man)
Doctor Dandy (guy who kicked us out earlier)
Cop (kills you)
Monk - wants $$$
Bell - screechy voice

Jamtrack 415 (12:15) - oww
Chopper (rotating!) - spinning park toy thing - 4:00 AM
Dr. Fill (Invents stuff) - invented a thing - Not in the morning
Pinch Poncho (bounce bounce bounce) - not until later!
Turtle Boy (is a turtle) - loves painting people - Night
Chuck (gimp) - is a gimp, idk what he wants
Snobby Tengu - has big nose
Ad Balloon (has balloons)
Miss Clam - stands by the river alone at night - wants to be warm
20-year-old guy - likes mahjong - no other hint
Sniper - FIXES CLOCKS
Thief Tip Toe IV - thief - 9:00 - 9:30ish
//\/\\/\/\/\/\\/\

50. Love Int (<3)

KISSED FACES OF

Onion Lady
Mr Retired Bucket
Mr. Apollo
Champ
Mr. Music Box
Mrs. Thick Glasses
Mr. Cheapot
Yodzilla
Eucalyptuski
Agony Man
Tin Signboard
Conductor
and I also made this thing while waiting for a train

treasure it always

Roar fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Aug 27, 2014

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
It is time to kiss more faces in Chulip

i got shot out of a cannon and i died

code:
OUR CURRENT GOAL: Get back Love Letter Set / 

Love Interest
Michelle (cleaning lady)
Julie (love interests mom / makes chicken)
Goro (love interests dad / makes sweet sweet potatoes)
Batayan (bum/musician)
Leo (tiger/spa man)
Doctor Dandy (guy who kicked us out earlier)
Cop (kills you)
Monk - wants $$$
Bell - screechy voice

Jamtrack 415 (12:15) - oww
Chopper (rotating!) - spinning park toy thing - 4:00 AM
Dr. Fill (Invents stuff) - invented a thing - Not in the morning
Pinch Poncho (bounce bounce bounce) - not until later!
Turtle Boy (is a turtle) - loves painting people - Night
Chuck (gimp) - is a gimp, idk what he wants
Snobby Tengu - has big nose
Ad Balloon (has balloons)
20-year-old guy - likes mahjong - no other hint
Sniper - FIXES CLOCKS
Thief Tip Toe IV - thief - 9:00 - 9:30ish
Mr Frog - by pond - splash
Man Spider - 17 - don't stand behind him
//\/\\/\/\/\/\\/\

50. Love Int (<3)

KISSED FACES OF

Onion Lady
Mr Retired Bucket
Mr. Apollo
Champ
Mr. Music Box
Mrs. Thick Glasses
Mr. Cheapot
Yodzilla
Eucalyptuski
Agony Man
Hasty Wizard
Conductor
Tin Signboard
Miss Clam

Roar fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Aug 28, 2014

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Gonna play some more Chulip and kiss some more faces.

http://www.twitch.tv/Roar_sa

This is a pretty peaceful and chill game so if you're more in the mode for a rip roarin' action stream you may want to go hang out with someone else. If you wanna see a 12 year old boy lock lips with a 20,000 year old man, though, hang out with me.

I've sort of got a plan of action today instead of of flying by the seat of my pants so there's that.

LOVE IS OVER

Roar fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Aug 29, 2014

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Time to kiss some more faces with some Monday night Chulip

As a reminder this is a pretty peaceful and chill game so if you're more in the mode for a rip roarin' action stream you may want to go hang out with someone else. If you wanna see a 12 year old boy lock lips with a scarecrow, though, hang out with me.

We kissed so many faces my lordy lordy

If you're interested in a little extra backstory, here's that spreadsheet I was talking about. The left column is who I was talking to and the rows are what gossip subject was.

Roar fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Sep 2, 2014

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Progress time in a laid back Chulip stream

Goals for tonight: Finish off Funny Bone Factory, maybe find a wooden gong, kiss dudes and girls

As a reminder this is a pretty peaceful and chill game so if you're more in the mode for a rip roarin' action stream you may want to go hang out with someone else. If you wanna see a 12 year old boy lock lips with a zombie, though, hang out with me.

If you're interested in a little extra backstory, here's a spreadsheet that gives a lot of information. The left column is who I was talking to and the rows are what gossip subject was. I've updated the spreadsheet to include info from Michelle and Dr. Dandy.

ONLY TWO KISSES TO GO HOLY poo poo

Next time: Kissin' an alien and a clam and HOPEFULLY kissin' Love Interest!

quote:

11:13 Incomprehensibleslur: HOLY *** YOU'RE STILL HERE?
11:13 Incomprehensibleslur: *** MAN
11:13 Incomprehensibleslur: PLAY SOMETHING FAST
11:13 Incomprehensibleslur: YOU'RE IN THE SAME FUCKIN' TOWN
11:13 Incomprehensibleslur: DOING
11:13 Incomprehensibleslur: LITERALLY
11:13 Incomprehensibleslur: NOTHING
11:14 Incomprehensibleslur: KEEP CLICKIN' AND BEING BORING

Roar fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Sep 4, 2014

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
This may be the last session of Chulip!!

Goals for tonight: Kiss an alien, kiss a clam, kiss de girl

As a reminder this is a pretty peaceful and chill game so if you're more in the mode for a rip roarin' action stream you may want to go hang out with someone else. If you wanna see a 12 year old boy lock lips with an alien in a cornfield, hang out with me.

If you're interested in a little extra backstory, here's a spreadsheet that gives a lot of information. The left column is who I was talking to and the rows are what gossip subject was.

IT'S OVER!

Thanks to everyone who hung it in these six or so streams I've done of Chulip. I know it hasn't been the most thrilling game in the world but it really is a fun game, I highly advise everyone to give it a try themselves.

I'll be back at some other point with some other game that will probably be a lot more exciting so that slur will stop his goddamn whining, christ

Roar fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Sep 5, 2014

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Gonna play some Spleunky with Slur (a chump) even though he's playing SSMB Beta 3DS (like a chump)

I am bad at this game so let's see if I can get out of the caves

YOU WONDER WHY I CALL YOU A CHUMP SLUR

IT'S BECAUSE YOU BACK OUT LIKE TEN MINUTES AFTER I START STREAMING YOU CHUMPY CHUMP AND YES I'M CALLING YOU OUT IN THE THREAD YOU CHUMP

Roar fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Sep 13, 2014

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Jade Star posted:

Halman was lonely and got in a call with me while he streams wasteland two. Now I stream WarHammer 40K Final Liberation. A game made in 1997.

http://www.twitch.tv/sa_jadestar

Or you could get super fancy and watch them both at the same time since they are on the same call

http://kadgar.net/live/halman_sa/sa_jadestar

it's an exciting time we live in

p.s. futureslueth (ie. forums user Fat Bot I guess) gave me the better link christ okay jesus, so much anger

Roar fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Sep 21, 2014

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Slur posted:

http://www.hitbox.tv/Slur

Streaming games while Advance Wars By Web is down. It's a longer downtime than usual too. Huh.

Bomberman 64: The Second Attack is up first.

I'm about to be playing this rear end in a top hat in Mount Your Friends if that's any incentive

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

I'm bored and need something chill to do so let's drive a truck in Euro Truck Simulator 2 while listening to Celtic music on Pandora for a little while, come watch me drive a truck if you also want to relax and have a peaceful wall hitting driving experience

fun fact: did you know that this game has achievements now because I didn't

everything was going great until i crashed into a pole

Roar fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Sep 29, 2014

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Hey guys let's play Crash to Desktop Simulator 2014 Fallout: New Vegas - Modded to hell edition

I don't really have a "plan" persay I'm just going to start the game and play normally until something incredible happens, starting with goodsprings and hopefully find the slaver camp. Some of this stuff I downloaded blindly and hell I barely remember all the stuff I downloaded so v:shobon:v

:nws: warning - I am pretty sure I turned off all of the boob options so that twitch wouldn't ban me because I respect you all but I'm pretty awful at everything so don't be very very angry if you see some naughty bits that I may have missed, you have been warned!!

i think i only crashed like 4 times in 2.5 hours which is pretty good for F:NV

Roar fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Sep 30, 2014

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Fallout: New Vegas - Modded to hell edition

Gonna try and get through the Slaver Prison mod today and hopefully make a bunch of people into slaves. Also doing the first real run with windowed mode so hopefully that won't gently caress up as horribly as fullscreen mode did.

:nws: warning - I am pretty sure I turned off all of the boob options so that twitch wouldn't ban me because I respect you all but I'm pretty awful at everything so don't be very very angry if you see some naughty bits that I may have missed, you have been warned!!

we never did find the slaver equipment but we did get shoot a bunch of ghouls into space and we got a kiss from willow so we have that going for us

we also shot up a casino but that's getting retconned

Roar fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Oct 2, 2014

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Let's stream Fallout: New Vegas - Modded to hell edition

GOOD NEWS GUYS I FOUND THE SLAVER EQUIPMENT

:nws: warning - There are still boobs modded into the game despite my best efforts, I'll try to avoid assaulting you with tits but they're sometimes unavoidable so don't be very very angry if you see some naughty bits that I may have missed, you have been warned!!

amazingly the slaver mod is somehow not as great as i'd pictured and i had astonishingly low expectations

we wondered around in a vault for a while and turned cook-cook and motor-runner or whatever the hell his name was into slaves. He turned Violetta too but I accidentally punched her in the face to death

Roar fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Oct 4, 2014

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
For those of you who have been following my New Vegas poo poo, I restarted the slaver quest and went through it in a commentary-free stream earlier today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQETJOmWyGc

You will missing nothing by not watching it, it's a pretty awful quest.

really, really awful

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

I have no plans, probably will end up turning more people into slaves before maybe wandering into New Vegas, idk

:nws: warning - There are still boobs modded into the game despite my best efforts, I'll try to avoid assaulting you with tits but they're sometimes unavoidable because Sonia just loves whippin' em out so don't be very very angry if you see some naughty bits that I may have missed, you have been warned!!

Roar fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Oct 5, 2014

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

I have new followers now

:nws: warning - sonia and her parties

HOLY poo poo NO ONE GOT NAKED TONIGHT AT ALL

I mean I had sex with Benny again but REGARDLESS

also check out my posse

Roar fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Oct 7, 2014

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

:nws: warning - Sonia and her parties, also Willow loves me now and wants to get sexy at the most inopportune of times

Roar fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Oct 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Jade Star posted:

I did just install some fallout vegas.