Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Roar posted:

Anything you really want to save forever and ever can be downloaded using this - it gets the flv files for you in super inconvenient 30 minute blocks but it's better than nothing.

For the record, you can combine those to a nice, full video without any skips or reencoding by creating a text file that looks like this:

code:
file 'live_user_username_1369179110.flv'
file 'live_user_username_1369180913.flv'
And then running ffmpeg with:

code:
ffmpeg -f concat -i temp.txt -c copy 	combined.mkv
Regarding saving streams in the future, you should always just record locally. Just check that "Save to File" checkbox in the OBS options and it'll automatically output the same thing it uploads to your HDD.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Aug 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
For downloading you're on your own, but for converting I really recommend doing this:

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

For the record, you can combine those to a nice, full video without any skips or reencoding by creating a text file that looks like this:

code:
file 'live_user_username_1369179110.flv'
file 'live_user_username_1369180913.flv'
And then running ffmpeg with:

code:
ffmpeg -f concat -i temp.txt -c copy 	combined.mkv

It's fast and doesn't reencode, so no quality loss.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

dhamster posted:

Twitch says they extended their storage of past broadcasts to 14 days since they got rid of "Save Forever," but I'm seeing stuff get deletion-flagged much sooner than that. It looks like three of my broadcasts in the 6-7 day old range have already been purged (before I got around to exporting them, no less).

No, you misread. The 14 days storage applies to when they'll roll out their new storage system in two weeks or so, right now you're still stuck with the old system and limitations. Highlight or download stuff you want to keep, and set your streaming software to just keep local backups in the first place.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

http://www.hitbox.tv/AdmiralCurtiss

Streaming the Last Story of Sonic Adventure 2.
done

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 9, 2014

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Lunethex posted:

I just noticed my past broadcasts were deleted. Again. No Anime World War 2 is there now, which is a shame because those were fun. Note to all who use twitch: make a highlight from every video, just like a 5 second clip so they can't do that.

Or maybe even that was a lie too, on their blog.

Either you're referring to a different blog entry or completely misread it. The new policies are Past Broadcasts existing for two weeks and then getting deleted, nothing you can do about it. Highlights last forever. Previously, making Highlights prevented deletion of the whole broadcast due to the way it was stored in the background, but their changes "fixed" that.

Really, don't rely on Twitch to store anything. Record locally, OBS has a very nice button for that, and up to Youtube for stuff you want to keep.