Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Smite posted:

Getting subbed on twitch (partnered) requires an average of 500+ viewers or a linked YT account with 100,000's of subs, and they want 3 streams a week. They do make exceptions to these figures, but that gives you an idea of how unlikely it is to be subbed for just about anyone who isn't trying to make actual money at this sort of thing. Isn't like YT partnership where they hand it out to anyone and roll over payments until you make a few bucks.

Did they lessen the requirements? When I was working with one of my friends to get him partnered/a sub button he was told they required either: 5 streams a week with an average of 500+ viewers, three streams a week with an average of 800+ viewers, or a single stream a week with upwards of 1,200 viewers.

Obviously if you're a big youtuber or you're a famous LoL/DotA/SC/ESPORTS star, you can get it sooner. And certain channels like SGDQ gets partnership despite streaming for a few weeks straight twice a year.

As for donations and stuff, I think donating games and stuff is cool, and as long as they aren't shilling for money, then donating that's cool too. One of the streams I follow has a donation bar and the guy has it linked to his phone, and says a quick thank you, without interrupting gameplay, whenever he gets a donation. He, otherwise, never mentions it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU