Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
All the while the bird incessantly beat upon with windows without ceasing. They beat on the windows with their wings, beaks, talons. They slammed their bodies into the glass, a mass of black feathers and gore acting not as a disorganized collection of bodies but as one unified whole.

I clutched my ears with both hands, desperate for silence.

I don't even know why the birds do this it doesn't seem like it is in their best interest, if I was a bird i certainly would not beat my body senselessly against the window of an apartment building I would probably just go flying around and lay eggs in a nest.

My father once told me "What are your long term plans?" and "Your mother and I think it would be good for you to get a job and live on your own for a while" and I have often used his hurtful, abusive words to my advantage. Repeating them over and over, absorbing the pain and transforming it into power. I could feel my energy levels go up as I chanted, silently at first and then slowly rising into a triumphant shout!

"How is THIS for a long term plan?" I shouted to the birds and to my father.

I dropped to my knees and began crying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

a starwar betamax posted:

All the while the bird incessantly beat upon with windows without ceasing. They beat on the windows with their wings, beaks, talons. They slammed their bodies into the glass, a mass of black feathers and gore acting not as a disorganized collection of bodies but as one unified whole.

I clutched my ears with both hands, desperate for silence.

I don't even know why the birds do this it doesn't seem like it is in their best interest, if I was a bird i certainly would not beat my body senselessly against the window of an apartment building I would probably just go flying around and lay eggs in a nest.

My father once told me "What are your long term plans?" and "Your mother and I think it would be good for you to get a job and live on your own for a while" and I have often used his hurtful, abusive words to my advantage. Repeating them over and over, absorbing the pain and transforming it into power. I could feel my energy levels go up as I chanted, silently at first and then slowly rising into a triumphant shout!

"How is THIS for a long term plan?" I shouted to the birds and to my father.

I dropped to my knees and began crying.

are you gonna suck your dad's d?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
When Matt and I were still friends, we would hang out at the local game shop "The Panther Den" on game night where everyone could bring their favorite game to play and of course we brought Munchkin which was always a crowd pleaser.

I'll never forget the moment when Starlight walked into the Den. We never learned her real name but Matt and I always called her Starlight.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
She was older, maybe upper thirties, lower forties. But you could tell she spent a lot of time at the gym and other places were ladies go to stay in shape. She had a bottle of muscle milk in one hand and a cell phone in the other and she was wearing those tight pants like they wear in Men in Tights. Her long blond hair cascaded in voluptuous curls, the kind you see in shampoo commercials or on golden retrievers.

She walked exactly the way I'd always imagine a woman would walk if she were to walk into the Panther Den, hesitantly, yet curious. I'm sure she detected the strong odor of masculinity that filled the room. This was a place that was populated by men, men who used their intellect, not their brawn to solve problems. These were men who could be there for her, who could meet her needs. Not like the dumb jocks she had always known.

She glanced my way, her eyes drawn to me my the laser-like glinting of the florescent lights off of my spectacles. I don't know what went through her mind in that electric moment, but I am sure she felt the same thrill of excitement that I felt.

The room went silent, as one by one we looked up from our intellectual pursuits and gazed upon this angelic visitation.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Go left!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
> plug laptop into wall

PostEldar
May 7, 2004

I'm in your area.
holy poo poo Cormac McCarthy has an account

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Her eyes left mine and flitted back and forth across the room, searching, seeking. What does she seek? Who does she seek? Does she desire a man to rise from his deck of M:tG cards and join her at her side? Could I be that man? Did I have what she needed.. what she yearned for? Could I be the one she sought?

A young man named Brian stood up, "Hey mom, I'll be right there" he said, grabbing his Skull the Troll dice bag.

a star war betamax fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 7, 2014

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
Upstairs in the apartment, Matt was slowly organizing the pile of laundry into smaller piles of laundry sorted by color, fabric, shape, texture, and by how soiled the piece of clothing was. "This'll show that piece of poo poo roommate. That rear end-brained motherfucker has an irrepressible hate for people that move his things. If he touches my samurai though..." Matt's eyes dart around the room, looking for any signs that the samurai in his Ronin diorama had been moved. Matt begins sweating uncontrollably and has to lie down in the bathtub with the shower curtain drawn.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Captain Dan's masterful flow jolted me back into my sad reality. Normally I would have delighted in his lyrical artistry but at this moment it just felt... wrong somehow. I ripped my Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro from my shirt pocket and jabbed at the silence button. My tear-damp fingers were unable to work the capacitive screen and I hurled the cellphone away in disgust and it slammed into the wall and bounced across the floor and tumbled back to my feet and of course it remained intact because of the superior Samsung engineering which frankly puts anything Apple makes to shame.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

tomstuart posted:

Upstairs in the apartment, Matt was slowly organizing the pile of laundry into smaller piles of laundry sorted by color, fabric, shape, texture, and by how soiled the piece of clothing was. "This'll show that piece of poo poo roommate. That rear end-brained motherfucker has an irrepressible hate for people that move his things. If he touches my samurai though..." Matt's eyes dart around the room, looking for any signs that the samurai in his Ronin diorama had been moved. Matt begins sweating uncontrollably and has to lie down in the bathtub with the shower curtain drawn.

A bird flew in through the front door, let out an ear piercing screech and alit upon an ancient CCTV monitor mounted to the wall that I had never noticed before until the moment that the bird flew into the window and landed on it.

On the monitor I could see a grainy image of my apartment, I immediately recognized the video as that from a hidden spy cam I had wisely installed months before that was disguised as a clock that has hands that turn i a circle.

On the screen I could see Matt, inanely puttering about the apartment, a foul string of blue language flowing from his maw.

Written on the screen with a sharpie were these two words "Dig Dug"

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
The final piece of the puzzle had fallen into place. I knew what I must do. I knew what I was born to do. It all made sense. Matt. My Father. Starlight. Brian. The birds. the mannequin.

I solemnly picked my cellphone off the ground, and hunched my shoulders in a very masculine fashion as if I was in a detective noir video game and I placed my foot on the first step of the stairs leading to Matt.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
>plug the laptop in to the wall

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

>Murder You're Famil

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Elevator is out. Gas thread, kill OP.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
masterful

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
In the end we find out the OP is Matt all along and in reality he just hates himself.

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

cant wiat

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

sweet crocs

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Past the peeling walls and broken EX T light crumpled papers blew listlessly. Suddenly the uppermost door blew open, causing the urbane debris to fly up into my face like a dying bird. I grasped it and read: YOU'VE BEEN PRE-APPROVED!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Good thread. gently caress birds

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

this thread is art in its finest

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I've never seen childbirth but I have made several edits to the wikipedia page on it and I can confidently say that while it is a miraculous and beautiful process, it is also long and somewhat strenuous.

In many ways, my ascent up the stairs was exactly like childbirth only I was both the mother, AND the infant being forced through the birth canal.

It was also a lot like being a reverse 9/11 victim who instead of falling out of the twin towers to my death, I was falling upwards to new life.

My breath became ragged and my legs shook with fatigue as I climbed step after step. I dared not look to one side or the other for fear that I would topple head over heels into the abyss that surrounded me.

The darkness below was a deeper black than I have ever known and as I climbed higher, it climbed higher with me. The darkness shifted and writhed and consisted not of shadow but of the tangled and twisted bodies of millions of coal-black birds.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
After hours of climbing, I reached the top of the stairs and stood before my apartment. I raised my tattooed hand to the door, balled my hand into a fist, and rapped my knuckles against the surprisingly spongy wooden door.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

a starwar betamax posted:

After hours of climbing, I reached the top of the stairs and stood before my apartment. I raised my tattooed hand to the door, balled my hand into a fist, and rapped my knuckles against the surprisingly spongy wooden door.

was your apartment in bel air

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

go on, my child

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
addiction to Guano.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Big Beef City posted:

I know a chubby (but cute) purple-haired community college girl who occasionally hung out at the comic books store at my lakefront town.

She seemed nice, but she hung around at the game store, which, eh, hit a little too close to home.

I did some tech school. I did some real world jobs that I kept quiet from my 'online poo poo'. Know what I mean? Maybe you do?

I don't care.

A couple of years drifted by. We met at a party that neither of us expected to know the host of.
I asked if she wanted to see the amazing extra features on the LOTR special edition, since she didn't have blu ray (for whatever reason).

This lead to that, almost a month later of terrible, short text messages. Finally we google mapped (together, in retrospect one of our greatest achievements) the plot to my duplex.

Together at last in my 'too old for roommates' duplex that I share with the white-headed 60 something neighbor who's convinced that Reagan had been re-born to lead mankind, I sank into the plush faux-leather couch that was her body-type.

:frogon:~

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

d. stab

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
After waiting a few moments and receiving no response, I dramatically whipped the door open by turning the door knob and opening the door quickly. The speed with which I did so astonished me.

Matt stood in the center of the room, jaw agape, eyes glazed. His arm's ended in bloodless stumps instead of ending in hands as I was accustomed to. A faint hissing noise was coming from his open mouth, as if he was letting out a long, quite breath. The floor around him was covered in dirty laundry and GI Joe posters.

"Matt!" I shouted "Matt! Look at me Matt!"

He remained motionless, aside from a rapid vibration of his lower body, almost imperceptible to someone without my acute senses.

"Listen to me Matt, you asked for this... you brought this on yourself"

I reached down and picked up my broken external hard drive which once contained my carefully curated collection of Breaking Bad fan fiction.

"Defend yourself coward!" I croaked and lunged at him, swinging the hard drive in a wide arc over my head. If Liam Neeson could have seen me at that moment, I am sure he would have smiled and nodded in approval.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I brought the hard drive down again and again into his face which splattered from my mighty blows as if it was made of skin-colored Gak. I pounded and I pounded until his entire head was unrecognizable, just a dripping mound of pink slime. Him body remained rigid, he never flinched, he never budged. Only his legs continued to pulse with a mysterious vibration.

"This is just like you Matt!" I panted, "you never listen, you never change..."

Drawing every last reserve of energy I leapt at him again, slamming into him like an football player making a goal. His body toppled backwards, an obscene, headless statue, and clattered against the window which immediately shattered beneath the blow. I stumbled to the ground and looked up just in time to see the body tip over the edge of the window sill and disappear over the other side.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
>>>Jump out the window

Smashurbanipal
Sep 12, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT BEING A SHITTY POSTER
spread those wings and fly baby

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

Jimson posted:

>>>Jump out the window

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lObgLdtXYpU

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Is matt gonna be okay? :f5:

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
...infrateal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Blasts of hellish wind howled in through the shattered window, snatching up GI Joe posters and ripping them back and forth through the room. Dazed, I struggled to my feet and stumbled to the window, gripped the edge and hesitantly looked over.

Far below, I could see Matt's rigid form, still falling, falling. Our apartment was several miles up and I knew it would take a long time for his body to reach the barren earth below below. I didn't even need to see him hit the ground, I knew I had done my duty, I had fulfilled my destiny.

I flopped back in my beanbag chair and watched the sun slowly set into the Blood Sea, perfectly framed by the shard-rimmed window frame.

I slipped Matt's Beats over my ears, plugged them into my Sansa Clip (running Rockbox of course), and queued up my Jonathan Coulton playlist.

It had been a good day.

I had found new power, new life, new purpose. I was the master, I was king, this was my domain. Nothing, and no one could stop me now.

No birds, no Matt. Just me. Alone.

As the sun was extinguished in the blood sea and impenetrable darkness engulfed me... I smiled.

• Locked thread