Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
The racket of the pump continued, my belly began to swell and grow tight. Over the din I just barely made out a hand full of words from the TV.

"...and now we take a look at a classic video game, you probably remember it... Dig-Dug!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

a starwar betamax posted:

The racket of the pump continued, my belly began to swell and grow tight. Over the din I just barely made out a hand full of words from the TV.

"...and now we take a look at a classic video game, you probably remember it... Dig-Dug!"

wanna watch this show

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Just like his finger tattoos! Pay attention folks, this could be important!

Fake edit: 5'd

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
"Well, I guess this is it." I thought to myself internally and without speaking out loud because my jaw was wired shut. "I am not sure what lesson I am intended to learn with all this... but..." My belly grew unbearably tight.. almost to the bursting point...

"Ok, lets just switch this off now.." Said the same female voice at my side. The pump stopped pumping with a sudden clank.

I could feel my stomach slowly reduce in size as the pressure from the pump dissipated.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
"Ok, lets get you up into a wheelchair and down to the operating room..." She said,

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Dudes gonna be full of birds, calling it now

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Even though I am normally a very astute person who notices a lot of things, even little details, (in a lot of ways I am similar to Dr. House on the TV show, "House"), but in this instant, I was too confused to know what was happening and before I knew it a team of nurses had flooded into the room and seated me in a wheelchair.

"Here you go..." One said, and balanced a new pair of glasses on the bridge of my swollen nose.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I could finally see and what I saw was not surprising in the least since I had already figured out where I was.

It may come as a surprise to someone with less developed deductive abilities but for me there was no surprise, in fact when the glasses were put on me and I could see that I was in a wheelchair and being wheeled down the hallway of a hospital, I was not surprised in the least.

Truthfully, it takes a lot more than that to surprise me.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
"Doctor Luigi will be performing your quadruple amputation this morning" Said the nurse as I was wheeled through the doors of the operation room. "He's the very best in the country."

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
"The infection is spreading very, very quickly Doctor" Said a voice behind me.

"Yes, yes I can see that..." Doctor Luigi looked up from a clipboard as I was pushed into the room. His white smoke smeared with what appeared to be silly putty. "We will need to work fast"

I looked down at my body, and much to my chagrin, I saw that it was no longer just my hands that were made of grey denim, but the prosthetic material had somehow... grown. It had spread, up my arms, reaching past my elbows.

I glanced at my feet and saw that they too were turning the distinctive grey tint and taking on the the rough denim texture.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

"Doctor Luigi will be performing your quadruple amputation this morning" Said the nurse as I was wheeled through the doors of the operation room. "He's the very best in the country."

Doctor Mario is the anaethesiologist I hope

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I instantly knew that my whole life had built to this point. So many years of training were culminating in this instant. From my early childhood of escaping from Nazi dungeons in Wolfenstein 3D, to my teen years of fighting through waves of aliens in Duke Nukem, to my adulthood carefully ascending a variety of characters in Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup.

I had to escape.

I was trained for this.

I was born for this.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

John Liver
May 4, 2009

"Doctor Luigi will be performing your quadruple amputation this morning"

A strike of legit terror in my heart

tinkerttoy
Dec 30, 2013

by XyloJW
It's like Catcher in the Rye, but with more oxycontin.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!

And then my hopes of having my Dig Dug image quoted got renewed.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
good bird thread

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

lowtax put up the paywall and make the tumblr readers of this mad

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Don't let them catch you! They're all birds I tell ya, birds!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I then knew what it was felt like to be one of the ghosts in Mrs. Pac-Man after she eats a power pellet and the ghosts start flashing and Mrs. Pac-Man chases them all throughout the maze except instead of there being several ghosts and only one Mrs. Pac-man it was as if there were hundreds of Mrs. Pac-Men and only one ghost, myself.

a star war betamax fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Aug 14, 2014

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I'm trying to say that the doctors and nurses were chasing me.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
"After him!" Shouted a voice that sounded a lot like my father

"He'll spread the infection!" Shouted two other voices in flawless synchronicity.

I paid them no heed and while I was currently running down the hall at 9/10ths of my top speed, I realized I would need to push on to my full speed and so I did, much in the same way that a race car driver might push down even harder with his foot on the large button that makes the car go even faster.

Only I had no car or gas button, I merely had my wits and a vast reservoir of inner strength.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
My memories inside my mind flashed back to the moment in my childhood when I turned twelves years old and my parents took me to Discovery Zone. I invited my friend but he didn't come.

In many ways, my day there was exactly like my day today had been so far: Frightening and disappointing.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I rushed past doorways and rooms and tables and beds on wheels and people in wheelchairs and nurses with clipboards and nurses with trays of pills and nurses with other nurses and televisions and people waiting in rooms and it never ended it never ceased.

In the cartoons they show on Cartoon Network's Boomerang channel, the characters will be walking and the background keeps scrolling past and repeating itself and that is how I felt at the time, I felt like the background behind me was endlessly repeating and then I realized it actually was because I was just running in a big circle through the hospital.

a star war betamax fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Aug 14, 2014

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
There was only one escape.

Ahead of me, at the end of the hall, was a large glass window. The kind that someone might smash through in an action movie such as Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

There was only one escape.

Ahead of me, at the end of the hall, was a large glass window. The kind that someone might smash through in an action movie such as Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol.

Is a star war betamax really, um...a crazy mind-raped Tom Cruise? If this is what Scientologists do after level four then sign me up!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
The glass shattered instantly at the impact from my body much in the same way that a pane of glass would shatter if an object the same size and shape of a human body were to crash through it.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I fell through the air, tumbling senselessly, end over end. Up and down ceased to have any meaning to me in regards to which one was which in relation to my position relative to those directions.

the shards of glass fell with me like so much glass-shard-shaped confetti or candy from a glass-themed Mexican birthday pinata.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I remembered the way Matt's body had looked after it had tumbled end over end from our apartment window and I imagined that my body would look very much the same if I were able to see it in 3rd person view, which I of course could not.

I reflected that maybe it would all be for the best if I joined Matt in death. It would be like poetry, it would rhyme.

I was ready, I was prepared. As my body spun towards the ground like a spinning top that is falling towards the ground, I closed my swollen eyes and accepted the finality that approached with rapidity.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I then landed safely on a conveniently-place pile of bird corpses.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I've had it with these dog gone birds.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
They're corpses now chill.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

my parents took me to Discovery Zone

Proof of genuine Midwesterness

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Far, far above me, I could hear the shouts of the nurses and doctors, heads peeking out over the edge of the window, peering down at me. Clouds swirled in the blood red sky and as I watched they listlessly congealed into an angry voluptuous mass.

I shifted among the mound of dead birds, twisting my body over, filling my nostrils with the reek of their decomposition. I leveraged my body up with my arms and stood hesitantly to my feet.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
It began to rain, great drops of red water the color of red kool-aid instead of clear like rain normally is. I lifted my face to the heavens and felt the wetness wash over me.

I glanced down at my battered body, searching for injuries. The denim material had continued to grow and replace my flesh. It now reached far beyond my elbows and knees. It reached almost to my groin and my arm groins.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I clenched and un-clenched my fists, I balled and unballed my feet. Suprisingly, I had no injuries, even after my fall from the window and also from my crash through the window that led to my fall. It seemed that this new body I was growing was surprisingly resilient.

And strong. And fast.

I could feel each pulse of my heart racing through my legs and arms, the seemingly cotton fibers flexing in anticipation for action.

I was being reborn as something new. Something great. Something this world had never seen before. A new step in the evolution of man just like the introductory narration in the 2000 X-Man movie starring Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
The doors of the hospital burst open, and a crowd of figures dressed in yellow suits like garbage bags and helmets that were also yellow sprang out of the open door. They pointed at me and began running towards me. Each one carried some sort of tank on its back and a gun of some sort that had a barbed spike like a harpoon loaded in the barrel and a hand pump also attached to it.

I calmly turned my back on them.

With my new strength and speed, they had no chance of catching me.

I began placing one denim foot in front of the other, faster, faster, faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

wait did this actually happen

• Locked thread