Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

:stare:

Do you stay in one place and go out for supplies, or just carry everything with you?

I use the Farmstead in Pleasant Valley as a base of operations. I've scoured every location in the game and carted back everything with the exception of a few things I left behind at the Coastal Townsite. A lot of people just stockpile food and sleep for like a week straight but I like to get out each day, check my snares and see what I can scavenge up that I'd missed. I have a lot of everything stockpiled although I'm really low on matches and firestarting equipment. Matches seem to take durability damage surprisingly fast for whatever reason, even when safely stored indoors.

I'm really glad to hear that wood respawns.

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Anyone know how effective torches are at keeping wolves back? I've only bothered to try 2-3 times and it's failed every time, even when brandishing it constantly but now that you can just grab one from any fire I might want to use them more.

Extremely effective. I've never been attacked by a wolf when I've had enough notice to light a torch. The best strategy is to light a torch, drop it when it gets close (which you now do by using the holster hotkey), the wolf will then pause leaving you more than enough time to shoot it in the head. I think you can scare it off by waving it and/or dropping decoys but I've never really tested it out as I always just use a torch.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Aug 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I kind of hope they rethink the degradation values of certain items in general. Like canned foods are already typically heavier than a lot of foodstuffs, they require tools to open(or risk losing some) and they still feel like degrade just as fast as like a candy bar or whatever. It wouldn't make sense to eat all the canned foods first in a real survival situation, yet I often do in the game just because they're slightly heavier than the numerous energy bars I get.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Fewd posted:

We really do have a shortage of survival games without monsters and this makes me sad because I want The Long Dark to be good :(

Oh well, maybe another 6-12 months.

The Long Dark's wolves are just the game's version of monsters, though. Wolves do not actually act like that :v:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The Trapper's Homestead is a great place to start off, especially if you spawn with the rifle. I had trouble pretty fast though; my clothing wasn't all that great, and I only had about six bullets total. Supply runs were a pain between the cold and wolf attacks, so I've been cabin hopping and made my way to the camp office. I think I'll make this my new home for now and plan an expedition to my old homestead to gather the supplies I left behind.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The Trapper's Homestead is a great place to start off, especially if you spawn with the rifle. I had trouble pretty fast though; my clothing wasn't all that great, and I only had about six bullets total. Supply runs were a pain between the cold and wolf attacks, so I've been cabin hopping and made my way to the camp office. I think I'll make this my new home for now and plan an expedition to my old homestead to gather the supplies I left behind.

Be careful with the camp office because it's sandwiched between two wolf spawns. One patrols the edge of the lake and another prowls near the railroad tracks just above the office. It wouldn't be so bad but they respawn every two or three days.

Away all Goats posted:

I kind of hope they rethink the degradation values of certain items in general. Like canned foods are already typically heavier than a lot of foodstuffs, they require tools to open(or risk losing some) and they still feel like degrade just as fast as like a candy bar or whatever. It wouldn't make sense to eat all the canned foods first in a real survival situation, yet I often do in the game just because they're slightly heavier than the numerous energy bars I get.

Same. I do think clothing degradation is a little extreme as well but there needs to be a little incentive to stay out of blizzards other than the threat of getting lost and/or freezing to death. I'm hoping they add ways to scavenge for scrap metal because harvesting is really damaging to hatchets and knives now and there are a hell of a lot of bits and pieces you could harvest to repair them. That or just let me make a bone knife already :colbert:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Between my rifle and winter coat, I have so little room to carry supplies. With all my clothes, the rifle and water, I hit 33 lbs easily, out of my 66 or so. I went on an adventure from the camp office to a cabin by the frozen canal and almost died. I managed to kill 1 wolf and shot another, leaving me with no bullets. The cabin had nothing useful, so I headed to the forestry overlook.

Only to realize when I got there that last time I had completely broken down all the wooden objects and had no way to make a fire. So, starving and dehydrated, I headed out into the night with naught but my lantern in an attempt to find sticks, branches or SOMETHING. Ended up by the frozen canal again and decided to try and make it back to base camp. And...I did it! My hunger and thirst were in the red, fatigue was close, and the cold and dark was creeping up but god dammit I made it. Now I need to plan a trip to the dam in the hopes of finding more ammo or I have no chance of accomplishing anything.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

It's pretty inadvisable to carry the rifle 24/7. You really want to carry the bow if you need something for defense, it takes some practice to master but a bow and 2-3 arrows weighs about 1/4th of the rifle and each of the arrows can be reused easily half a dozen times so long as you're careful to retrieve them. Save the rifle and ammo for when you're going out solely to hunt deer or bears.

In other news I had a very successful 30 day run suddenly cut short when I made a campfire a bit too close to my feet and burned to death the instant it was lit :v:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

InequalityGodzilla posted:

It's pretty inadvisable to carry the rifle 24/7. You really want to carry the bow if you need something for defense, it takes some practice to master but a bow and 2-3 arrows weighs about 1/4th of the rifle and each of the arrows can be reused easily half a dozen times so long as you're careful to retrieve them. Save the rifle and ammo for when you're going out solely to hunt deer or bears.

In other news I had a very successful 30 day run suddenly cut short when I made a campfire a bit too close to my feet and burned to death the instant it was lit :v:

This is good advice. Don't carry more than you'll need for 2-3 days at the most. Even if you get stuck in the worst storm in the worst situation, all of those supplies should see you through until you can make it back.

Early on I know I carried way too many first aid supplies, a lot of the stuff can be surprisingly heavy when carried in bulk. Make sure you're lightning your load as much as possible.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

That would be great advice if maple saplings existed :argh:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Admiral Joeslop posted:

That would be great advice if maple saplings existed :argh:

Are the spawns random? I found some between the Dam and nearby bridge in the first map. Check along the frozen river.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Away all Goats posted:

Are the spawns random? I found some between the Dam and nearby bridge in the first map. Check along the frozen river.

They are random. The only spawn in a total of like 4 or 5 locations in the entire game out of...uh, a lot.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

fennesz posted:

They are random. The only spawn in a total of like 4 or 5 locations in the entire game out of...uh, a lot.

More than that but yeah, they are pretty uncommon. You really only need like 2-3 maple saplings to set you up with bows for a very, very long time though. Birch saplings on the other hand, you're gonna want loads of those.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Someone should probably make a Long Dark thread, we're not getting much traffic here. No offense, Toadsniff :v:

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Someone should probably make a Long Dark thread, we're not getting much traffic here. No offense, Toadsniff :v:

None taken, it took making this thread just to find out that survival games in general are a pretty niche market.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
Anyone tried Empyrion Galactic Survival? I've seen videos that look pretty good, but I've been burned by early access before.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

It's pretty awful right now, but could become something great in a few years. Basically it's Elite but survival with some building elements. Stick to something like Space Engineers for now.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Bremen posted:

Anyone tried Empyrion Galactic Survival? I've seen videos that look pretty good, but I've been burned by early access before.
Its been entertaining enough that I don't regret buying it early, but they're clearly on the 'early alpha' phase of early access. Its like space engineers with separate food/health/oxygen bars, actual planets with resources and passive/enemy mobs, and no inventory automation.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
There are so many early access survival games I have on my wishlist as 'please don't be poo poo' and Empyrion is really high up, could be incredible. NEO Scavenger turned out well so I'm 1 for 1.

Also, Minecraft isn't in the OP as 'everyone knows about it' but I only know that it's a block-building game that's like crack for kids. Is there actually interesting stuff to do?

Walton Simons fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Aug 22, 2015

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Depending on your taste, exploration of the dangerous set pieces like dungeons and hell can be fun, and there are late game bosses that you can try to take on. But generally no, most of the fun you get out of minecraft involves mega constructions (which requires a lot of autism) or multiplayer (which requires some luck on finding an interesting and not horrific server).

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Walton Simons posted:

There are so many early access survival games I have on my wishlist as 'please don't be poo poo' and Empyrion is really high up, could be incredible. NEO Scavenger turned out well so I'm 1 for 1.

Also, Minecraft isn't in the OP as 'everyone knows about it' but I only know that it's a block-building game that's like crack for kids. Is there actually interesting stuff to do?

It depends on if you include mods. Vanilla minecraft has survival, but it's really basic beyond creating a source of food and shelter from enemies; maybe 20 minutes or so and an experienced player will have their survival needs met for the rest of the game. Then it's all about mining and megaconstructions.

There are mods for practically everything under the sun, though. I'm currently playing one called Blightfall where the entire world has been covered in evil purple spreading goo and you try to survive while terraforming it back.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Since I'm too cheap to buy a Minecraft license and don't feel like installing Java, and maybe I have a thing for half-realized open source projects, I've dabbled a little bit lately in the Wasteland 'subgame' for Minetest: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7243.

It's nothing too special, just a big desert with ruins containing sparse supplies that you're supposed to try to make a living from. It's a lonely kind of experience that's different enough from Minecraft that I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing, so it's novel. I would not consider it a complete survival experience, but it scratches an itch and doesn't take up too much time.

That purple goo thing in Minecraft sounds pretty good. What I would want from a survival game these days is a 'mounting threat' kind of thing, like distant 'anthills' (undead castles slowly growing over with zeds, bandit camps growing fat on the land, etc.) looming over the horizon that you have to quash or hide from, or stealthily steal from. Something with a little time tension that's not related to a hunger clock. You'd go back and another wing has grown on the castle, or the camp has expanded, or the dungeon is now deeper. Plunge a stake in its heart, sabotage a reactor, or steal some MacGuffin to slow it down or stop it.

doctorfrog fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Aug 22, 2015

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Popping in to recommend Sheltered. I've been playing it a lot lately and it's very much a fun little game, well worth the price tag so far. It is early access, though, so if that bothers you I'd give it a pass. It's in active development though, and the developer watches the steam forums like a hawk for suggestions and bug reports.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/356040/

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Neo Scavenger is pretty amazing and I do wish Blue Bottle would make a tablet version or commit to a sequel because it's just so dang good.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

Bremen posted:

Just ended a 9-ish hour game with my wife over LAN (via a save-eating crash), but despite the erasure of so much work I'm keen to get back at it in a fresh game.

Most of the time was spent building up the base, and I was surprised how much it became like minecraft at that point. Got a Hover ship put together quicker than I thought I would thanks to disassembling the escape pod you start with. I wish I had taken screenshots, it's all gone now. Not upset really because alpha.

I just finished slapping on main thrusters and two directional thrusters onto the Hover vessel, which had a passenger block on the back (for me, the wife insists on combat piloting). I got in to test it, nudged it forward and strafed side to side, and it fell off the roof of our base. I flew forward a bit and realized I wasn't able to turn the ship -- I forgot to attach the RCS block.

So, I figured I'd just fly in a straight line, circle the entire planet, and get back to base via circumnavigation. Unfortunately I lost control on the way up a mountain and tumbled back down into the ocean around 500 meters from the base (planets are around 2km-ish in diameter). While trying to recover I accidentally bailed from the ship.

It drifted another couple hundred meters across the lake until my wife reached it, got inside, and at that point the fuel cell ran dry. It sank like a rock to the lake bottom. She got out, I equipped a gun and sank down close enough to the ship to slap the RCS block onto the roof, put fuel into it, and get back inside. Turned it on, wife jumped into the passenger seat, and I rather easily got it back to base except for the fact that it seems that you need another directional thruster on the front for braking.

It eventually stopped (I shut it down when it was close enough to the front door and it just plopped down onto land). The game crashed shortly afterward (had the wife fly it high enough for me to attach another hover engine on the bottom to see if that would let it hover higher (it doesn't)) -- I was about to build a ramp onto the roof when the CTD happened.

On next game load the hover vessel and base were gone. Worth it, though.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
Long Dark got another big sandbox update: Desolation Point. It's got a new area, a forge and some metalworking, a hacksaw for breaking stuff down into scrap metal, status icons instead of words on the HUD (and a smaller font for things you aim at), and last but not least, a better weather system. Blizzards start off small, with wind and snow picking up over time, and I'm almost positive they toned down the giant glowing snowflakes.

I probably won't put as much time into this as I did after the "Bears and Pleasant Valley" update. The new area is small, but it has some neat points of interest. The forge is a cool idea, but I'm sure there will be complaints about having to find it in order to make arrowheads now. My favorite thing about the update is definitely the weather changes (and the lighthouse :3:).

factory:

just in case you forgot you were in Canada:

a little church hidden in the woods:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Mind giving me an extremely vague idea as to where to look for the new area?

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
Follow the road.

Somewhat more specific: Coastal Highway.

No vagueness, here's exactly where to go: Commuter's Lament at the end of the highway.

The forge is in the new area. The exact location is on the Rikas, the wrecked ship. You need coal from the mines to get it up to 150 degrees before you can use it (and also a hammer, which I found in one of the other points of interest in Desolation Point).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Really must get around to buying Long Dark. This may seem like a daft question, but if I buy it on Xbox Live as an early access now, that's the only time I need to pay for it? I'm not going to pay again when it's actually complete?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

^ Not the same platform but that's how it works for Steam. I'd be surprised if you got double charged.

beats for junkies posted:

Follow the road.

Thanks!

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
Anyone checked this game out yet? Came out of nowhere on Steam today.

The Flame in the Flood
"A rogue-lite river journey through the backwaters of a forgotten post-societal America. Forage, craft, evade predators."

It looks like a linear version of Don't Starve.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Any love here for This War of Mine?

They quietly released a huge update for it a few months back, now there's complete scenario customization (80-day severe winter :getin:) as well as a handful of new characters and locations to play with. The community also did what you'd expect with Workshop functionality and you can now ride out the war as the likes of Rick Grimes and/or Gaben

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
I saw the Martian the other day and picked up Take on Mars on a whim, since it was on special. I couldn't find any discussion for it on the forums, so I suppose this would be a reasonable place to mention it, since it's essentially a survival sim, although it does have builder aspects to it as well which are not dissimilar to something like Space Engineers. So if anyone had been interested in it (probably very few judging by the lack of attention it seems to have here), I'll share my thoughts:

It's underwhelming and I don't recommend it.

At first it's really cool and different because hey, how many survival games are there set on other planets with a realistic, hard sci-fi slant to them? So hopping around on the Martian landscape in low gravity (or the lunar one - yes there's a Moon scenario too), driving the Mars truck and gouging deep tracks in the Martian soil, and setting up your pop tent so you can take off your suit and play space camper on Mars - those are all legitimately fun things at first, especially if you're a space buff, or a Mars buff in particular.

There's also a level of fidelity - if that's the right word - to the game, which I really like. For example, one of the scenarios has you taking the truck to various supply drops scattered about. Once there you have to push a physical button to lower the ramp, then go and pick up various machines and crates full of supplies (which are themselves physical objects in the crates), load up the truck, stow the ramp, and then drive back to your base site watching in 3rd person mode as all the stuff in the back of the truck jostles about as you carelessly bump into rocks. There's a certain 'physicalness' to the experience which is really well done, and really enhances the simulation aspect of the whole thing.

You can also control unmanned rovers, and there's a campaign mode of sorts where you're in control of a space program sending probes to Mars, gradually developing better ones as you earn extra funding. Admittedly, I haven't actually played around much in this mode, but the simulation of the rovers is very good. The little bits and pieces that swivel around on them, the way their traction system works, the way they trundle over rocks - it's all remarkably well simulated. So if you've ever wanted to just control Curiosity or Pathfinder (there are scenarios for these) for a bit and drive over some Martian rocks, this game will give you that experience, no doubt about it.

Sadly, beyond the initial wow factor of playing a game that simulates being on Mars . . . it really doesn't have much going for it. Beyond the well-simulated aspects of rover movement or whatever, you can't really do anything substantial with them. For instance, you can control the various instruments on the rovers, including lasers and drills and so on, but all the samples you take and science results are just placeholders or the words "TO DO." You can take pictures too, but it's a case of "OK I did that. Now what?" (Probably a good summation of the game overall tbh).

Likewise in the manned scenarios, it's very bare bones. You can set up mining machines and atmospheric processors and the like to procure resources, but none of them are necessary because you have these magical 3D printer things that can make anything you want with no resource costs. Oxygen is limited in your suit, but as soon as you go in your poptent or an airtight chamber you've made, there's unlimited oxygen available. You can grow potatoes but right now it's a very simple process: you just stick seeds in a machine and after a while potatoes grow there, which you harvest from a GUI. It's abstracted and out of whack with the other high fidelity aspects of the game. You don't even need poo. Boring.

Base building is a thing, but it's very clunky and awkward. It takes a long time to get the pieces together properly, and a lot of the stuff you build isn't even functional. The game does have multiplayer and just from trying it out a bit, it could have some potential eventually since building stuff by yourself is such a colossal pain. Unfortunately it's so buggy and laggy in multiplayer that it barely works, and the game crashes or disconnects you frequently anyway, so good luck playing for more than about 20 mins or so. (I should note there are no dedicated servers, so it's just games people are hosting themselves).

Also, I hate to say this as someone who has been obsessed with Mars since childhood, but Mars itself gets boring fast. Obviously the real Mars would be incredible to visit, especially if you're a geologist or whatever. But as a simulated environment, it's a bleak red desert with a lot of rocks and a lot of nothing. There really isn't much to see and do, and since there's no real structure or goals in the game, the way in which you interact with the environment kind of meaningless, and the survival elements really limited, the whole experience is just kind of ehhh? after a few hours.

Right now it really does feel like a glorified tech demo. Apparently it's been in EA since 2013, and I can't honestly say it feels like there's been 2 years of development there given the lack of content in the game as is. Also its release date is coming up in just a couple of months, so the final update is going to have to add a metric fuckton of features to make this a fully-fledged game. Right now, I can't honestly recommend it. If you really want to just gently caress around on Mars for a bit in a space suit or pretend you're a rover then it will give you that experience, absolutely. But I'm not sure if it's really worth $15+ as an actual game.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Drunk in Space posted:

It's underwhelming and I don't recommend it.

I was super excited for this game when it first showed up, probably have a hundred hours in it from the unmanned campaign when I played it over a year ago.

The manned stuff they added was really poorly planned and just feels like feature creep. If they can really work it into the campaign that will be great, but they done hosed up having two incomplete games being mashed together. You really need something playable and :siren:FUN:siren: to really keep an EA going, and this failed on that hard.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
I had no idea the manned stuff wasn't in it from the get-go. Makes a lot of sense, though, given how buggy, feature-incomplete and uneven the manned experienced is compared to the unmanned one. Admittedly the unmanned game appeals to me a lot less, which is why I haven't done much with it, but just from tinkering around in the rover scenarios for a bit you can tell it's designed better and works much more smoothly.

It still lacks a ton of substance, though, and I'm amazed you could get 100 hours out of it. I mean, what do you do in the campaign exactly? Send a probe somewhere on Mars, take a picture, take a sample of the air. Ok here's some money. Now build a better probe and go to Mars and take two pictures and two samples. Ok now you can build a rover. Drive over to this rock and take a sample. Ok more money. Now go somewhere else and do the same thing . . . I can get a few hours tops out of that. Perhaps if science results were an actual thing and you had to use your own judgement on where to go, which rocks to study based on research you'd conducted and all the while having to be economical with the rover/probe's resources, then the experience might have a lot more going for it instead of the random, meaningless goals the game gives you now. Apparently :science: is going to be a thing for final release (at the end of November, somehow), so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Drunk in Space posted:

I had no idea the manned stuff wasn't in it from the get-go. Makes a lot of sense, though, given how buggy, feature-incomplete and uneven the manned experienced is compared to the unmanned one. Admittedly the unmanned game appeals to me a lot less, which is why I haven't done much with it, but just from tinkering around in the rover scenarios for a bit you can tell it's designed better and works much more smoothly.

It still lacks a ton of substance, though, and I'm amazed you could get 100 hours out of it. I mean, what do you do in the campaign exactly? Send a probe somewhere on Mars, take a picture, take a sample of the air. Ok here's some money. Now build a better probe and go to Mars and take two pictures and two samples. Ok now you can build a rover. Drive over to this rock and take a sample. Ok more money. Now go somewhere else and do the same thing . . . I can get a few hours tops out of that. Perhaps if science results were an actual thing and you had to use your own judgement on where to go, which rocks to study based on research you'd conducted and all the while having to be economical with the rover/probe's resources, then the experience might have a lot more going for it instead of the random, meaningless goals the game gives you now. Apparently :science: is going to be a thing for final release (at the end of November, somehow), so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

A lot of it was just grinding cash to unlock everything on a couple different playthroughs.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Remember how lovely Wurm Online is with the grinding and awful players? They solved it!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3747466&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Wurm Unlimited is basically Wurm Online but on Steam, with single player servers and player run servers, with skill gain and other things changeable.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

tomanton posted:

Any love here for This War of Mine?

They quietly released a huge update for it a few months back, now there's complete scenario customization (80-day severe winter :getin:) as well as a handful of new characters and locations to play with. The community also did what you'd expect with Workshop functionality and you can now ride out the war as the likes of Rick Grimes and/or Gaben

I'm really interested in this game but I have one question: how depressing is this game? It looks depressing. I know that sounds bizarre but I find that as I get older and less assholish I am more affected by depressing movies and video games. (Immortal Defense ruined my week.) is this a game that will ruin my week?

Go play Wurm guys, it is fun. And I'm not just saying that because the goon leading the current charge is my fiancé. :v:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

It is very depressing. My first run ended with me sending my people on a suicide mission to kill a particular enemy after he shot and killed one of my original survivors.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

The Long Dark just got a huge, insanely difficult addon. Hinterland added an absolutely massive mountain with very few buildings and supplies. It's difficult and fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fennesz posted:

The Long Dark just got a huge, insanely difficult addon. Hinterland added an absolutely massive mountain with very few buildings and supplies. It's difficult and fantastic.

I've got a guy well on track for the day 50 achievement. I'll run him up there as soon as that happens. Do you know the route to the mountain?