Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

Toadsniff posted:

Found an old obscure survival game eponymously called Wilderness: A Survival Adventure, haven't played it yet.

Oh hey, Wilderness! I'm surprised anyone else has heard about that game. I made a mini-effortpost about it in the retrocomputer gaming thread. The manual for that game was great, I took a few photos of it and posted them ITT. If anyone's interested the post is here, I dunno if the manual shots are worth using for the OP but they're there.

As I remember Wilderness was marketed as an educational game and sold to Boy Scout troops or something. There really was a lot of flexibility in that game considering it could run on a 48K Apple II. You could random-generate your own region too. Never did get to try any of the expansion disks though. It was really hard to survive in a lot of scenarios though, finding non-contaminated water was murder and you'd almost always run out of food and have to resort to scrounging for grubs to eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU