Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum Milkman
Jun 18, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Smallland has that stuff I think from the trailers I've seen. But yea, I never set up the massive Zipline networks people seem to do, so a mount would be much better.

I found that the mounts in Smallland were, if anything, too good, to the extent that they undermined the sense of scale in the game, and made it so that you could circumvent much of the challenge of exploration without ever having to face it even a first time.

Like, you can get a grasshopper mount very early on, and it's not just a slightly quicker way of getting from A to B that lets you escape from mobs if you're not interested in a fight. It's literally, from my home base, to this quest target location that I've never been to before in three hops, without me actually knowing where I'm going, or having to fight any of the new mobs on the way. And that was not even a nearby quest location, it was, at the time, a decent majority of the way to the edge of the map.

So what should have been a moderate trek with a nice sense of accomplishment at the end, instead became a triviality, and made this epic and awesome forest environment feel like it was the size of a shoebox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU