Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

Bremen posted:

Anyone tried Empyrion Galactic Survival? I've seen videos that look pretty good, but I've been burned by early access before.

Just ended a 9-ish hour game with my wife over LAN (via a save-eating crash), but despite the erasure of so much work I'm keen to get back at it in a fresh game.

Most of the time was spent building up the base, and I was surprised how much it became like minecraft at that point. Got a Hover ship put together quicker than I thought I would thanks to disassembling the escape pod you start with. I wish I had taken screenshots, it's all gone now. Not upset really because alpha.

I just finished slapping on main thrusters and two directional thrusters onto the Hover vessel, which had a passenger block on the back (for me, the wife insists on combat piloting). I got in to test it, nudged it forward and strafed side to side, and it fell off the roof of our base. I flew forward a bit and realized I wasn't able to turn the ship -- I forgot to attach the RCS block.

So, I figured I'd just fly in a straight line, circle the entire planet, and get back to base via circumnavigation. Unfortunately I lost control on the way up a mountain and tumbled back down into the ocean around 500 meters from the base (planets are around 2km-ish in diameter). While trying to recover I accidentally bailed from the ship.

It drifted another couple hundred meters across the lake until my wife reached it, got inside, and at that point the fuel cell ran dry. It sank like a rock to the lake bottom. She got out, I equipped a gun and sank down close enough to the ship to slap the RCS block onto the roof, put fuel into it, and get back inside. Turned it on, wife jumped into the passenger seat, and I rather easily got it back to base except for the fact that it seems that you need another directional thruster on the front for braking.

It eventually stopped (I shut it down when it was close enough to the front door and it just plopped down onto land). The game crashed shortly afterward (had the wife fly it high enough for me to attach another hover engine on the bottom to see if that would let it hover higher (it doesn't)) -- I was about to build a ramp onto the roof when the CTD happened.

On next game load the hover vessel and base were gone. Worth it, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU