Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
The Flame in the Flood shows some promise, it comes across to me as a bit of Don't Starve with Oregon Trail. I have early backer Stockholm syndrome so I backed it, desperately hoping that this time it all works out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Evil Kit posted:

The number of times I've gotten too greedy after finding a rarer item for a quest or just a bunch of really good loot and dying with them is not small lol.

Hell sometimes I don't even get greedy, i immediately book to an extraction point after getting something and just blindly stumble into a group of bandits

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Arrath posted:

"I'm close to extract I'll just run I don't need to be conservative with my stamina OH GOD BOARS AND WOLVES AAAHHH"

Apparently the community consensus is that starting with the mosin package is best, but I really think that's only once you've understood some basics. Every video I've seen of someone starting out like that just gets constantly owned by wolves. I chose the assault rifle start and wolves were almost never an issue

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I just went to the industrial area for the first time and brought what I THOUGHT was an appropriate amount of ammo

Lots of blinks!

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Also don't take the quest to kill Igor, once you give him the meat he has a box full of goodies for you every time you go to the forest

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CuddleCryptid posted:

This reminds me, I'm assuming that when you build the scavenger module it just dumps what it finds every day into the open spots on tab 1 and then backfills from there, right? I've had it for a few days but no random Gameboys or hard drives have been showing up in my box.

Once you install it, you go to wherever it is you installed it, and can interact with it to create a chest of items. I think it despawns with whatever is left in it if you don't clear it out before bed

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

Grimey Drawer
From what I've seen it's just the scav box and the bedroom that you directly interact with, and the rest just give standing bonuses/crafting table abilities

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Oh lol i've been missing out on free gunpowder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

Grimey Drawer
With 7days, I've had a lot of luck with having a 3 wide 3 deep trench full of spikes surrounding my base. Reinforce the walls of the trench to cobblestone and it barely ever needs more than minor repairs. The actual digging can take a while so i compromise by keeping my base footprint to no more than 6x6 and building tall