Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

I started playing Unreal World, and it's pretty good once you get used to the movement system and how building things works. I just wish that you had more options for building things instead of having to go to villages to buy some stuff like punts and wooden tubs. It'd probably also be useful to have an indication of when your food will go bad, since it's hard to keep track of which roasted perch was the one you caught three days ago and which was the one you caught a week ago and will go bad at any moment.

Music Theory fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Aug 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

I hate you for posting that because now that I know what it is I'm going to have to spend money on it.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Unreal World is pretty neat, but also has some weird design decisions (like movement controls). If you can put up with that kind of thing, you might like it. It's free anyway, or at least it was last time I checked.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

What do you mean? Are you referring to the fact you have to turn to a new facing before moving? If so there is a "Traditional Roguelike" movement mode now (and has been for a long time).

Dang, I need to play that again then.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Subnautica also really opens up in terms of having big empty voids of really deep ocean. It's a great way to either get rid of thalassophobia or learn that you'll never be a submarine sailor.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

oswald ownenstein posted:

The Long Dark is pretty drat good until it gets boring.

scathing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The Raft is alright if very shallow.

I'll have you know that the ocean is very deep