Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

TeaJay posted:

The whole economy is incredibly whack. Right near my village there's a spawn of vicents which drop like 70 meat each and you can sell haul for a 1000 coins or so. Mostly we've been selling excess cabbage. But now we need oats and rye for the animal feed and flax for clothing .. which we can't make because we don't have enough technology. So instead just go and kill some animals, sell meat and buy the clothing instead. Feels like, what's the point, you know??

Me and my friend have been plowing on and have a couple of villagers and some basic buildings now, but still it feels very.. micro-managery and arduous. We made a choice to ease our troubles by taking off the inventory weight limit and stamina, and toned some of the XP gains up and taxes & NPC consumption rates down. Because if not, we're gonna be playing the game until 2025 to get enough technology to unlock some of the better buildings! (it'll still take ages)

I'm just imagining medieval peasants watching future people spend money on a game to plow and farm cabbage.

I know that's what survival games are all about, it just strikes me as funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Planet Crafter has great reviews and I bought it because I loved Subnautica but it is really not making a great first impression.