Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whiirrr
Feb 14, 2006

Soiled Meat

Locus posted:

I think there's like three "Stranded" games out now. One 2D astronaut adventure thing, Stranded Deep.... maybe another?

Is Stranded Deep a sequel to Stranded 1 and 2, or are they still working on Stranded 3?

It looks like they are still working on it.
Here is the main page for it: http://www.stranded3.com/

The most recent dev post explains that they are different groups of people, just with a similarly named projects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whiirrr
Feb 14, 2006

Soiled Meat

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I wish TLD had an auto-walk button. Sometimes traipsing through the cold darkness gets a little boring, I'd like to at least be able to set myself in a direction.

I use JoyToKey to make a joystick button hold down the W key for me. It's sort of like an auto-walk.

Whiirrr
Feb 14, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jawnycat posted:

I do kinda the same, not full passive wildlife, but set the scent/sense/spawn ranges down real low and the fear to max.
Makes it so you don't have to treat wolves like man seeking missiles and instead just things to keep an eye on, behaving much more realistically imo, frequently ignoring you and usually running if they notice you, unless your carrying meat. If your downwind you can actually stalk real close behind wolves to hunt them too. Unfortunate side-effect is that deer and rabbits are real dumb and don't bolt till your like two meters away, which makes hunting them a bit too easy.

Also, despite a hundred hours in the game, I've yet to have a snare actually work and have mostly sidelined them as useless decoration that rabbits like to frolic around, any tips for that?

The best method I've found to use snares is to position them in the natural walking path of the rabbit, then leave the area for half a day, come back and check. I've had that work about half the time I've set them up.