Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Any love here for This War of Mine?

They quietly released a huge update for it a few months back, now there's complete scenario customization (80-day severe winter :getin:) as well as a handful of new characters and locations to play with. The community also did what you'd expect with Workshop functionality and you can now ride out the war as the likes of Rick Grimes and/or Gaben

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
I really liked the Hopeless Rescue challenge that makes you cross the world and summit Timberwolf Mountain on the way, having to do all that in seven days made it a completely different game than loafing around in sandbox.

bigmandan posted:

So far I'm liking the story mode... with one exception: Invisible wolves! I can hear them eating the deer carcasses, but I cannot see them. If I relaunch the game they are visible again, but after a short while it reverts back.
Having the same problem, but after a few scares/flares I'm pretty sure that if the wolves aren't there they've run off and the sounds are harmless, and if they come back it's because the game straight-up spawned a new wolf/carcass in the same spot. I've seen a few more bugs but so far none have been gamebreaking.

Aside from the usual inventory management woes (if quest items can be weightless why do I have to drag around 15KG in tools?) I'm liking the story overall, the handholdiness of the tutorial has a purpose and I know it's cliche at this point but it gets good. Play it and pet a bunny today.