Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Wait. No fuckin way

Is that real?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

I think it's been shown a bunch of times that most Millennials or kids in the generation after (post-2000) have a very colorblind mindset when it comes to race, which is a set backwards and makes it more difficult to confront or deal with issues of race.

So yeah, probably not going to get better any time soon.

To be fair, it's more like they are halfway there but haven't really thought it the whole way through yet. It seems to me, purely anecdotally, that the prevailing opinions on race in the younger generation is that hey, we should just ignore it because it doesn't matter what color you are, we're all equals here, right?

Which is a laudable end goal, but the problem is that they have been cultured to ignore the vast structural disadvantages faced by minorities that still exist, and that to achieve that desired end state of "who cares we're really all the same anyway" we need to be very much aware of racial differences, and the different hurdles and pressures that need to be overcome before we get there. So I wouldn't really call it a step backwards, so much as a step, like, sideways.

Edit: to the guy above's point; white millenials. I don't think we really need to explain to young minorities the challenges they face based on their race.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

Luigi Thirty posted:

US Politics September - The Audacity of Taupe

Please make it this

• Locked thread