Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Shifty Pony posted:

I can't imagine having one at a wedding anyway

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I eeeeeeeeeeeee now eeeeEEEEEEEEEE Pronounce You EEEEEEEEEEEE HUSBAND EEEEEEEEEEE AND EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WIFE! EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Although if the bride managed to pick one out of the air with the bouquet that would be a pretty great memory.

gently caress! That gives me a great idea: have a "drone" hover around and record the wedding, then at the end, you give the bride the chance to shoot it down as part of the marriage ceremony, or just a little fun at the reception. Between the rednecks wanting to stick it to Obummer and the fact that they'll never get a chance to shoot a real drone in real life, you'll be the most popular wedding gimmick for gun nuts. Sure, to satisfy the nuts who actually want to shoot a camera "drone" you'll have to have the wedding or reception at a gun range, but for the customers you're catering to that's a bonus. Also if you stream the camera pick-up to a computer that's not under fire you'll be able to save the last few frames of the wife aiming and firing a gun at the camera which you can sell for an extra $100-$200 easy on top of the cost of what you charged them to shoot at your drone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Shear Modulus posted:

Book our range today for your wedding reception or kid's birthday party!

You laugh, but you know it would sell.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

I wish. If there was a single factory where all this took place the F-35 would've been binned long ago. However contractors are smart enough now to ensure production of giant meal tickets are spread over as many states as possible, ensuring that there's ample amounts of politicians who'd be put at risk if they voted to axe that lovely program.

Instead I propose an ad campaign to rechristen the F-35 as the "Groverplane". Even for those who don't get the SA in-joke will have a hard time taking a (supposed) killing machine (if it ever manages to kill someone who's not pilot or crew) seriously if it's being flown by a lovable muppet from a children's show.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

PDP-1 posted:

Get your tri-corner hats and misspelled/racist signs ready folks, because National Impeach Obama Week is coming up (August 23-31)!

Reasons for impeachment include (but not limited to) general lawlessness, Obamacare, Benghazi, supporting Al Quaeda, importing illegal aliens for political gain, psychological pathology, forgery of documents to prove eligibility for office, radical and subversive anti-Americanism, and being black constitutional ineligibility for the office that he holds.

(You are also encouraged to contact your congressmen and write letters to newspapers during this times [sic] to demand impeachment.)

Hmm, I'm tempted to just write a letter to Cruz goading him on and calling him a chicken if he doesn't.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

If you have a Republican representative, it is your solemn duty to write them demanding that they impeach Obama.

For the good of the country.

I'd write to my Rep Randy "I'm a shithead who tried to demonize park workers for closing the parks when I helped shut down the government" Neugebauer too but I thought only the Senate really mattered for impeachment?

Eh, gently caress it, it's not like the shrill reactionary I'd be trying to impersonate would really care. Open the blood gates, I've got a creative writing assignment this weekend. :hist101:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

VikingofRock posted:

No loving way. :stonk:

Yes way.

Basically this sums up Arpaio's district:

Nintendo Kid posted:

That would probably produce fewer human rights violations than the normal tactics of his police department, sadly.

In short: there's more, it's always worse, it's basically what happens when you mix Law Enforcement, Condensed Freep and a large dash of corruption that makes him untouchable.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

The X-man cometh posted:

Well, the A-10 is what happened when they strapped wings onto a Sherman tank, and that worked out fine.

Well, yes, but the A-10 was designed to be a Sherman with wings strapped onto it, and nothing else. The F-35 wants to be a stealth-VTOL-air superiority-fighter bomber AND an A-10 (no, seriously, they want it to replace the A-10) plane all at once.

Unless the F-35 is suddenly revealed to be a transformer, those are requirements that are literally impossible to satisfy all at once on the same chassis.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Barack Wonka would also be fun.

Or just gently caress with the conservatives and do a full on Joker cosplay while addressing the nation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Why else do you think I want to see him doing it in real life just to make conservative heads explode?

• Locked thread