Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Radish posted:

Is there some sort of living will that you can sign so they will never send you to a Catholic hospital?

Won't be any non-catholic hospitals soon. We had a huge merger in WA state last year. All according to plan...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

“A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it.”
― Oscar Wilde

“The ink of the scholar is more holy than the blood of the martyr.”
― Anonymous, The Quran

"Keep in mind that many people have died for their beliefs; it's actually quite common. The real courage is in living and suffering for what you believe.”
― Christopher Paolini, Eragon

“The claim at the heart of this book has been carefully researched by several generations of scholars and is orthodox in academic circles, if not beyond. Christians under the Roman Empire were neither constantly persecuted nor martyred in huge numbers for their faith. They were prosecuted from time to time for alleged sedition, holding illegal meetings or refusing to sacrifice to the emperor. They were, like other convicts, sometimes tortured and executed in horrible ways. They seem to have been regarded by many Romans with distaste as a particularly silly superstition. But Christian stories of thousands of individual and mass martyrdoms over centuries have at best a limited basis in historical fact, and in many cases are sheer fiction.”
― Teresa Morgan

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

My Imaginary GF posted:

$200,000 is not equal in this country. $200,000 for 2 parents, married, working in Jersey and Manhattan, with 10 children in Brooklyn, is not the same as $200,000 for a single male in Alabama with no children. It is better to set a minimum which phases out other benefit programs, as that is the only one which would have political will due to its immediate and actual cost-savings. Please, I thought this issue was addressed in lovely 'Intro to Economics' courses in highschool.

High schools still have economics courses? That aren't funded by right-wing propagandists? I never had to take an econ class in school so I don't even know if mine had one.

I make 10 bucks an hour in Seattle. Thankfully I paid my car off with my old (better-paying) job that I lost with the 2008 depression, but even without car payments I'm barely staying in the black, at 40 hours/week. gently caress this country.

Spun Dog posted:

Yep, me too. Doesn't help when he's quoted though.

It'd be cool if ignoring people ignored posts that quoted their posts.

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Aug 12, 2014

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

McAlister posted:

I literally had a creationist science teacher in Kansas for junior high. He got revenge for my back talk by making half the class write a paper defending evolution and half defending creationism ... Putting me on the creationist side. Write noxious bullshit or get a bad grade ...

Could you have told him creationism is against your religion? :psyboom:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Radish posted:

I will be surprised if this results in anything other than a costly lawsuit for the city regardless of if the DOJ or the FBI or whoever is watching. Pleasantly so however so let's hope!

Yeah, this happened in Seattle a few years ago. Then after the lawsuit they still dragged their feet on even scheduling reform. All we have after a 4 year process is just now a new police chief.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

AdjectiveNoun posted:

People bring it up because it's worked far more often than violent protest. MLK won, Malcom X did not.

King only won as the compromise to de-fang Malcom X supporters. Same reason FDR did his welfare stuff, out of fear of a commie revolution. And Nixon creating the EPA, to placate people from joining Weather Underground, etc.

Also I read on Al Jazeera that the cops in Fergie killed another guy, because he shot at them maybe? If true that would keep the cops paranoid and trigger happy.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Cheekio posted:

If Ferguson was well armed, would they be treated as gingerly?

Depends on skin color.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Can we get an arizona.gif like the bugs bunny Florida one?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Cardboard Box A posted:

I guess the doggles could come in handy if you're teargassing everyone and don't want your own police dogs to suffer.

I would think the noses would still be susceptible to the effects, but I'm no teargas expert.

Was that a cg dragon on the pic of the austin politician chick?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

loquacius posted:

These ascendent Republican heirs-apparent keep turning out to be horrible scumbags; it's the weirdest thing. :raise:

Rubio too.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
JUST ASKING QUESTIONS

DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS

gently caress I hate racists.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Joementum posted:

We don't really have to speculate on the electoral effects of Obama giving a big speech about race in America because he did that in the 2008 primary.

Thanks pyu. I wondered when someone would remember that.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Sir Tonk posted:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ith-mike-brown/

Looks like the ol' gatewaypundit has a scoop on the Ferguson situation. This is sounding more and more like it'll end up the same way Trayvon did, except as a cop he'll definitely not suffer in any way.

So he punched himself after murdering the kid?

I just saw that another guy with a knife got shot by 2 cops a few miles from Ferg. Isn't that what they have some combat training for, to disarm knives? Or mace? Or tasers?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

You know I'd think I'd tolerate the GOP a tiny, tiny bit more if they dropped the impeachment talk in favor of forming a british style shadow government.

They already had that with Cheney under Bush.

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 20, 2014

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Fried Chicken posted:

https://twitter.com/WalshFreedom/status/501938280141979648

I remain glad that I helped turf this fucker out of office.

Ironic given which team did that...

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Alter Ego posted:

Not necessarily. I have a group of friends who I share sports, food, and videogames with. They and their parents are frothing-at-the-mouth Tea Partiers because GUNS.

I know they see my Obama stickers on my car, and I don't think they care--because they're good people as long as you keep the topic off politics.

Oh, in that case let me just invite Pol Pot over for dinner. It's fine as long as we don't talk politics :downs:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Except the Oglala aquifer is being depleted, along with the fossil-based fertilizer, limiting how long factory farms will work.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Look, when you have that many nukes you can't target them all at New York City or Washington DC. Sometimes you just want to ensure the Green Bay Packers are wiped forever from this Earth.

The triangles on their own are weird. Like I wonder what that one in south Oregon is for. And the one on the edge of North Dakota.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

SirKibbles posted:

The lesson they need to learn is you have to be for something positive and consistent about it and don't promise poo poo you can't do. Also don't compromise right out the gate goddamn. The one benefit of a Hilary presidency over Obama is she knows how to do politics.

But the downside is she won't fight for anyone except corporations and herself...

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
This thread is best with pyu doing his thing and the occasional funny derail like the nuke map or horse sex. Amergin chat and chat about amergin chat is stupid, it's like Arkane in the climate thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Alkydere posted:

Barack Wonka would also be fun.

Or just gently caress with the conservatives and do a full on Joker cosplay while addressing the nation.

We already have photoshops of that https://www.google.com/search?site=...JsnE&gws_rd=ssl

• Locked thread