Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Avalanche posted:

gently caress the VA and everyone that works there. All providers and staff are clearly at fault for not being able to hack it.

10:1 patient/nurse ratio? Nurses should be running half marathons daily in preparation.
Salaries often below the median for any given profession? gently caress you, you are on the govt. dole.
Outdated equipment? Well, if it worked in 1972 there's no reason why it shouldn't work now.

We don't need to increase the VA budget to hire more staff/modernize equipment to fix the "VA problem". What we should do is turn all VA hospital waiting rooms into a Korean War vet against Vietnam vet Thunderdome, and only let the most badass see a doc for treatment of service connected conditions.

Actually, lets just dump the entire VA altogether and build 2 more F35s.

You could just increase the number of $14/hr workers residents that already work there. But that would require more government spending and Medicare expansion, and we can't have that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
And our little girl named it Rafalca. And you know, the kids, like all kids, love the dancing horse and I just want to say this right now, that regardless of what they say about it, we're gonna keep it.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
What was the budget deficit when Bush left office?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Amergin posted:

In that same article, it mentions that the debt rose 32% under Clinton, during a time of relative economic prosperity and a lack of two concurrent wars.

So when a liberal racks up debt there are reasons for it and it's no big deal, but when a conservative racks up debt, none of that context comes into play?

Compare the budget deficits per year at the beginning of a President's term and the end of a President's term and you might be suprised. A budget isn't exactly the most maneuverable thing that can turn on a time.

P.S. This argument has been made in D&D for years. The rhetoric is never going to change and it's always an endless cycle.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

haveblue posted:

I love how this thread's solution to constantly falling for trolls and causing huge derails is to fall for the troll, add a "I know this is a troll but" disclaimer, and cause a huge derail.

It's productive to synthesize good arguments against the talking points of the day. I don't mind discussing that and don't really see it as a derail. It's just pointless in this case to argue something that's been gone over ad nauseum since GWB starting talking about tax cuts.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Rhesus Pieces posted:

He could send an elite SEAL team to Pakistan to gun down Osama Bin Laden and dump his body in the ocean and they'd still ha...oh wait he did and they still do.

The best part was he was getting made fun of by Seth Meyers for not getting Osama when he had troops in route.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Niton posted:

Israel's immigrant population is attempting to find extra room in Gaza?

A good cartoon.

What's in Montana that would eat that many nukes? Did they just get tired of pinpointing sites and drop the last hundred or so there?

Nuclear silos in Montana and N. Dakota

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

I could've sworn he sent some people to visit with Foley earlier this summer. Can't ever win, Obummer. Right?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

I don't really know what he's wanting to get out of this. There have been multiple airstrikes in Iraq against ISIS. Obama sent a secret mission to rescue Foley that was so successful (read: every single ISIS guy defending that location is dead with the only injury being a broken ankle) that we didn't hear anything for two months. The US special forces are teaming up with the SAS to form some Tom Clancy feverdream group to hunt ISIS.

And it's all negated by a tan suit.

Tan suit?

A shameful President.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

DoubleDonut posted:

Oh man, I never realized how Ben Carson is somehow both a surgeon and a chickenhawk. First do no harm unless it's someone else doing harm on my behalf, preferably to Muslims!

(Related, I can't wait for people to insist that Carson be referred to as "Doctor" all the time. I've seen the same thing with Ron Paul, as if being an obstretician was at all related to anything any elected official actually does. Please supply your own Bill Clinton joke here.)

When even Pope Francis says it's OK to go hog while against ISIS, I'm going to give Ben Carson a pass with aggressive language.

• Locked thread