Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geop
Oct 26, 2007

I think that there are two major things you could address:

1) Source recording style. It sounds like you're picking up game audio from a mic of sorts. Also, you're using (what I think is) Camtasia. That's fine, but you could also give FRAPS a look (or even OBS; its recording outputs can look pretty nice). Also, an extra tip on this: try displaying the game at the same resolution that you want your final video encode. So 1280x720 is what you'd want. This way, the final video's text will be easily legible. If you are recording at, say, 1080 and encoding at 720, the text will be super tiny and illegible. I bring this up because Dragon Age will likely involve lots of reading of things :v:

2) Microphone recording style. For your thumping/crunching/white noise/etc, I recommend using Audacity to record your audio track. You can do a quick denoise to wipe out the constant background hiss as well as edit out stuff like eating sounds. The thumping might get largely tapered down by the denoise, but you can surgically mute that stretch if need be.

The two of you mentioned character-creation being a low-point in these, but you could always trim that using editing software.

Figuring things out by-feel is okay (no rules against it), but if your first video has terrible technical-quality (audio & video-wise), people will go "oh this looks bad" and skip the thread entirely. First impressions and all that, y'know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread