Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
parrots understand enough about the world to realize cages and not flying is some bullshit op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

bladefaced emotionless monstrous fabulous killing machines

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

ilikedirt posted:

im a scientiest (true) and fyi birds ARE dinosaurs :sciencefact: and are known as AVIAN DINOSAURS while dinosaurs are known as non avian dinosayrs. hth :scienceinfo:

......which is archeopteryx?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

ilikedirt posted:

lots of dinos had feathers and stuff i think u start getting more birdsy stuff when

this is the real problem with bio, it's just a bunch of arbitrary artistic bullshit

"i think this thing goes with these other things"

"no no no, this thing clearly goes with these other different things"

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

ilikedirt posted:

plus its not as artsy as u make it sound protagonist. in paleontology its a little different bc u have so little info to work w/ sometimes. its kinda like tryna figure out what im sayin when im seriousposting.

the whole latin naming system is literally art

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

they had paralysis-poison bites

the coolest was the chameleon dinosaurs in lost world though

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

the worst part about the whole feathers business is not the feathers, that's pretty cool actually and just means the world was a weirder place than anyone ever guessed, it's that nobody has a loving clue about colors or patterns so all that artwork is speculative poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

ilikedirt posted:

look up leonardo the mummified hadrosaur they found out what color and pattern that niggas skin was

also they found some feathered dinos in china w/ intact pigment hth

see this is cool news i wanna see what they know, i was under the impression that that information, like dna, was just gone

dont hth me

• Locked thread