Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

i know tim and eric have always gotten by on fake bad acting and crappy visuals but im just not a fan of their new stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

paranoid randroid posted:

some motherfucker scientist had to go and point out that velociraptors are about the size of a dog and probably mostly ate carrion so now im a loving creationist.

most of that poo poo is less fact and more "this might have been how it happened" for instance someone suggested that t-rexes were scavengers because of how loving big and goofy they were. if they did hunt though they probably swarmed the gently caress out of their pray with their little ones while mom and dad chilled on the sidelines

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

paranoid randroid posted:

trex aint even the goofiest looking guy out there. i can't remember the name, but the LA natural history museum has a skeleton of something that was about the same size of a rex but its arms were even more pathetic. like little tiny flippers or chicken wings on a 15 foot tall dino.

e. VVV yeah carnotaurus, that's the one

that's like whales having hipbones lol

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Prettz posted:

remember the compies? no one ever remembers the compies.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

genesplicer posted:

Actually, Deinonychus was only about hip-high at the hips (human to Deinonychus), and weighed no more than 100 pounds or so. However, there was a dinosaur like those in Jurassic Park. That was Utahraptor Ostrommaysorum (named after John Ostrom, the discoverer of Deinonychus.

fun fact, when Jurassic Park was being filmed, several paleontologists complained, because they were making the raptors so large, when none of that size had been discovered. Then, during filming, a specimen was discovered of Utahraptor and Spielberg held this up as justification, even though he used the wrong name...

Exciting and cool movie
Experts are annoyed
Earth has a blue sky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also my grandfather is an archaeologist and people keep asking him about dinosaurs so one year i got him a stuffed dinosaur for christmas and he keeps it in his office to gently caress w/ people

• Locked thread