Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
they arent LIKE tiny dinosaurs, they literally are dinosaurs. birds are dinosaurs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
serious question if anyone knows. Would ornithicians and saurischians have been classed as separate classes if they hadn't been grouped together originally or is the classification more based on ankle bones and other stuff?

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Carnotaurus

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Genesplicer would ornithicians and saurischians have been classed as separate classes if they hadn't been grouped together originally or is the classification more based on ankle bones and other stuff?

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I mean classes as in dinosaur, archosaur, suchia etc. would we have ornithicia and saurischia in there instead of dinosaur?

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

ilikedirt posted:

if oi could eat a dinosaur ide eat a ankylosaurus bc u know that nigga got some juicy rear end meats under he shell. why else would he protect it so hard??? bc it tastes good duh

Def would eat a muttaburrasaurus cause they looked useless for p much everything other than eating so they must have tasted good

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
When I was a kid I dreamed of being a palaeontologist and tbh I still wish I was

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
the coolest dinosaur was without a doubt gasosaurus because its a boring as gently caress dinosaur that was so boring they just called it gasosaurus cause it was found in a gas field

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

The Protagonist posted:

the worst part about the whole feathers business is not the feathers, that's pretty cool actually and just means the world was a weirder place than anyone ever guessed, it's that nobody has a loving clue about colors or patterns so all that artwork is speculative poo poo

I think that'll change at least for some specimens in the near future though. I believe scientists have already found some evidence for red and striped pigmentation.

• Locked thread