Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreaseMonkey
Jun 19, 2001

To name a few.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fapogee Games.

GreaseMonkey
Jun 19, 2001

Wormskull posted:

Fapogee Games.

Apogee delivers.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Cosmo Wright needs to speedrun cosmo's cosmic quest.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
what was that game where you were an old man and you were climbing this isometric tower and casting spells and eating poo poo

jesus i wanna play that one again why can't gog.com get that fucker for me

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
did apogee do that wizard game where if you jumped it looked liked you were peeing lighting bolts i liked that game.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

matrix ripoff posted:

what was that game where you were an old man and you were climbing this isometric tower and casting spells and eating poo poo

I know exactly the game you're talking about but not what it's called, hth

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

ladyboy pancake posted:

did apogee do that wizard game where if you jumped it looked liked you were peeing lighting bolts i liked that game.

:siren: UPDATE YES THEY DID:siren:.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

matrix ripoff posted:

Baron Baldric?

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

so do you still need to call them and pay them 10+ bucks for the full version or what

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Ekster posted:

so do you still need to call them and pay them 10+ bucks for the full version or what

like half of their games are on gog, they just added crystal caves and monster bash

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
more like i demand an apologee for having to play their poo poo games, op :D

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Without Apogee (and Epic), pc gaming in the late 80's and early 90's would have been a running joke. Comparatively, their games were the tightest poo poo, and if you don't agree you can get out of my face :cool:

GreaseMonkey
Jun 19, 2001

Gimbal lock posted:

Without Apogee (and Epic), pc gaming in the late 80's and early 90's would have been a running joke. Comparatively, their games were the tightest poo poo, and if you don't agree you can get out of my face :cool:

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I used to love raptor but I only had the shareware version. My dad once bought me all the duke nukem games from the apogee BBS on my birthday.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

raptor sucked tbh, tyrian was so much better, funny enough eclipse first approached apogee with it, and got the reply that apogee doesn't need another vertical shoot em up in catalogue, so they went to epic megagames

apogee had a lot of cool games developed for them which they later sold to other companies, alien rampage comes to mind

they're going to re-release major stryker in some way it seems: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmRtBQFYdME

also bio menace and blake stone own own own

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I also played wacky wheels cause I didn't have an snes so I couldn't play mario kart.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

SPACE HOMOS posted:

I also played wacky wheels cause I didn't have an snes so I couldn't play mario kart.

im still waiting for wacky wheels to come to gog. im sure it hasnt aged well, but goddamnit whats basically a native pc version of snes mario kart is neat

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

matrix ripoff posted:

mystic towers

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i grew up on playing hocus pocus, commander keen, and whacky wheels

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Vermain posted:

mystic towers

yessssssssssssssssssss

wonder if i feel like going through the motions to get dosbox to emulate this

nah, i'll just wait until gog wants to charge me ten dollars for a 20 year old game

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
Gog just released Crystal Caves. Id expect Secret Agent to show up as well. Wacky Wheels works fine in dosbox on a Win7 64bit machine (I have shareware version, no :filez: )

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

SPACE HOMOS posted:

I used to love raptor but I only had the shareware version. My dad once bought me all the duke nukem games from the apogee BBS on my birthday.

a good dad

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Apogee thread with a pic of One Must Fall in OP but no link to menu theme? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOShl4Tcw_E

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

iSurrender posted:

Id expect Secret Agent to show up as well.

It was already released silly!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Laputanmachine posted:

Apogee thread with a pic of One Must Fall in OP but no link to menu theme? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOShl4Tcw_E

yes all the music was done by a demoscene group and it ruled

glam bam rock
Jun 2, 2009

aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww
WHAM BAM THANK YA GLAM

shareware was p much my early childhood. gosh drat do I love me that old apogee lineup. Pharaoh's tomb and arctic adventure used to kick my rear end. i still got our copies of blake stone and planet strike

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

One Must Fall was the best fighting game I ever played. Which probably says more about the fighting games I've played than the quality of the title itself, but it's still a fun game.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

oldskool posted:

One Must Fall was the best fighting game I ever played. Which probably says more about the fighting games I've played than the quality of the title itself, but it's still a fun game.

It's a shame the sequel sucked so hard.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

chiefnewo posted:

It's a shame the sequel sucked so hard.

it had a sequel?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Lawman 0 posted:

it had a sequel?

yeah it's bad don't play it

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Anybody remember a little-known fighting game from around the same time called (I think) "Xenocide"? Or maybe it was misspelled "Zenocide". I can't remember, but it came on a shareware disk with other stuff like Raptor and Wacky Wheels. This must have been 1994 or so. I remember the demo allowing you to play 1 or possibly 2 creatures, but the remainder were locked.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Lawman 0 posted:

it had a sequel?

Instead of being a side-on 2D style fighter it was an over-the-shoulder 3D arena battle style thing, but still trying to have you do fighting game moves. You fought against multiple other bots at once and it just didn't work. Partly because what everyone really wanted was 2097 but with better graphics but mainly because it was just irritating to play.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Does anyone else feel that "Side-on" is one of those words only british people say. lol

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

That's one way of looking at it

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
mystic towers motherfucker

we bought it and then it never worked

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Anybody remember a little-known fighting game from around the same time called (I think) "Xenocide"? Or maybe it was misspelled "Zenocide". I can't remember, but it came on a shareware disk with other stuff like Raptor and Wacky Wheels. This must have been 1994 or so. I remember the demo allowing you to play 1 or possibly 2 creatures, but the remainder were locked.

you mean Xenophage

http://www.3drealms.com/xenophage/

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

On their 1-800 number it told you how to pronounce Apogee because everyone said it wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

SPACE HOMOS posted:

On their 1-800 number it told you how to pronounce Apogee because everyone said it wrong.

how are you supposed to say it

• Locked thread