Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Secrets of Monkey Island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Playin' with my very small weiner, lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

When I am gaming lately, it's generally either Roller Coaster Tycoon or hopping into a lovely TF2 server that I notice a friend is on, or hopping onto Quake briefly, OP.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Diablo 3 hardcore. Never gonna die.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kazvall posted:

Diablo 3 hardcore. Never gonna die.

Haven't they made that next to impossible if you don't actually want to die with the difficulty settings and stuff. Like I appreciate how they make you want to do higher difficulties but just staying alive in Hardcore while playing through it normally isn't as much of an achievement.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Apple Ghost

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Haven't they made that next to impossible if you don't actually want to die with the difficulty settings and stuff. Like I appreciate how they make you want to do higher difficulties but just staying alive in Hardcore while playing through it normally isn't as much of an achievement.

Correct. You can play like a Nancy boy human being and poopsock normal difficulty forever. Real men like to skirt the line and hike that poo poo.

Elijah.
Feb 11, 2007

all of your troubles are dead and gone~
im in a gaming limbo - trying to find something to interest me daily since my interest in Zelda Skyward Sword has waned.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Kazvall posted:

Correct. You can play like a Nancy boy human being and poopsock normal difficulty forever. Real men like to skirt the line and hike that poo poo.

I haven't played for a few months but maybe I'll get back on now that I know Impers play HC.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Just finished some Mass Effect trilogy. been awhile. Still good. Hangin out in MP for a bit.

probably check out those Ys games in my backlog next

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Elijah. posted:

im in a gaming limbo - trying to find something to interest me daily since my interest in Zelda Skyward Sword has waned.

same

someone reccomend something for me and this person too. i want a good strategy game or rpg to play maybe it'll ameliorate my ennui

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

trails in the sky is a good rpg if you can handle wordswordswordswordswordswordswords

theyre decent words as jrpgs go but

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Hero Core. It's awesome. It's also free so you should play it if you like retro-inspired shooters at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu_xdCHdSqg

http://www.remar.se/daniel/herocore.php

Elijah.
Feb 11, 2007

all of your troubles are dead and gone~

Blind Sally posted:

Hero Core. It's awesome. It's also free so you should play it if you like retro-inspired shooters at all.

this looks like garbage

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
booooooo

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

maybe you should try playing some good games, imp

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i avoid the following key words: retro, indie, arcade, platformer, 8-bit, shoot 'em up

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
I've been playing way too much Awesomenauts, and somebody got me back into TF2 for an evening. I doubt I'll keep playing it though

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
started playing mobas. i resisted so long because i know i'm the type of person who would sperg out to the point of playing way too much, as if i was still in high school and it was okay.

tried playing mario galaxy for the first time. I was pretty lukewarm about it, but then I got the bee suit, and I was like, not too shabby.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Elijah. posted:

Nothing to paly on your stolen Nintendo DS? Baby Back bitch

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Axel Serenity posted:

maybe you should try playing some good games, imp

My ps3 is being repaired and ive already sunk 100 hours into dawn of war in the last month. I wanted something different... and free

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
retro game challenge (the first one)

i am on the last challenge (clear all the games) and i am done with all of them except haggleman 3 (used the "end game now" cheat in gaudia quest cuz i dont have time for grindy games these days :()

haggleman 3 levels just keep going on and on and on... it's like each level is the whole metroid map

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Schnedwob posted:

I've been playing way too much Awesomenauts, and somebody got me back into TF2 for an evening. I doubt I'll keep playing it though

btw just as a heads up for u and all the other ppl here any game with "nauts" in the title is always garbage poo poo for idiots

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mung Dynasty posted:

btw just as a heads up for u and all the other ppl here any game with "nauts" in the title is always garbage poo poo for idiots

What about...Xenonauts.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Wormskull posted:

What about...Xenonauts.

uh yeah what about it

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Blind Sally posted:

WHOA ANOTHER INDIE PIXEL GAME WHOA ANOTHER INDIE PIXEL GAME WHOA ANOTHER INDIE PIXEL GAME WHOA ANOTHER INDIE PIXEL GAME WHOA ANOTHER INDIE PIXEL GAME WHOA ANOTHER INDIE PIXEL GAME WHOA ANOTHER INDIE PIXEL GAME WHOA ANOTHER INDIE PIXEL GAME

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
playing through STALKER: Lost Alpha. Its ok for a free game.

Dec 26, 2012

lost alpha is rough but pretty good, considering

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Fellis posted:

WHOA ANOTHER INDIE PIXEL GAME WHOA ANOTHER INDIE PIXEL GAME WHOA ANOTHER INDIE PIXEL GAME WHOA ANOTHER INDIE PIXEL GAME WHOA ANOTHER INDIE PIXEL GAME WHOA ANOTHER INDIE PIXEL GAME WHOA ANOTHER INDIE PIXEL GAME WHOA ANOTHER INDIE PIXEL GAME

We areliving in a golden age of indie pixel games

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Blind Sally posted:

We areliving in a golden age of indie pixel games

we are getting more pixel games now than we ever did in the 8bit and 16bit eras

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
playing firefall. its p. bad but whatever.

might give diablo 3 another go. is there anything to do besides run nephalem rifts or bounties

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

playing firefall. its p. bad but whatever.

might give diablo 3 another go. is there anything to do besides run nephalem rifts or bounties

Play hardcore. Kazvall#1876

I love you, Steve.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
i just started dragon age 2 in preparation for da3 coming out in october

i've heard it's really bad but idgaf i need that end game save to import into da3 which will hopefully not be terrible

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
don't play da2

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Elephant Ambush posted:

i've heard it's really bad but idgaf i need that end game save to import into da3 which will hopefully not be terrible

Shameful

Instead play Torment

Dec 26, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

no amount of save importation justifies playing da2

Dec 26, 2012

they are probably gonna have some state generator program to make a da1/da2 save up anyway

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

dragon age 2 is bad dont play it. i had preordered the pc version because i refused to believe any of the initial bad buzz about it and i learned my lesson. havent bought a bioware game since then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

please play any game that gives you enjoyment, including dragon age 2

• Locked thread