Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fire emblem: radiant dawn is the best strategy rpg on the wii

note: it's the only strategy rpg on the wii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

No there's Phantom brave

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

I want a wii so i can play this again.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

good luck getting a copy of metroid prime trilogy. apparently when i got it on ebay for $60 after they discontinued it, i got a bargain

you can get punch-out easier though, which is good because it's the best game on the system imo. at the very least it's the most overlooked

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

No there's Phantom brave
poo poo i forgot that they ported that to wii for some reason

still stand by radiant dawn being the best srpg. phantom brave is cool tho

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Y-Hat posted:

good luck getting a copy of metroid prime trilogy. apparently when i got it on ebay for $60 after they discontinued it, i got a bargain

you can get punch-out easier though, which is good because it's the best game on the system imo. at the very least it's the most overlooked

you just gotta be willing to be patient and browse craigslist and similar sites a lot. i got the trilogy for $30 from someone who didn't know its value.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

fronz posted:

I want a wii so i can play this again.

Get a Wii u, fronz

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blind Sally posted:

you just gotta be willing to be patient and browse craigslist and similar sites a lot. i got the trilogy for $30 from someone who didn't know its value.

It's still in game stop for 30-40 bucks.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
30$ in Canadian funny money. I dunno if that makes a difference.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
manhunt 2

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
boom blox

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

did anyone say Xenoblade Chronicles :xd:

no really, no more heroes was pretty sick iirc

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

mad world, sort of

inexpensive meal
Jan 29, 2012

toot toot

Yes. Also, take aim and blast your way through a post-apocalyptic world packed with nonstop arcade shooter action. Sin and Punishment: Star Successor is the long-awaited sequel to the Japanese Nintendo 64 cult-classic. This series debut in North America delivers an intense, adrenaline-soaked thrill ride that never lets up from start to finish as Isa and Kachi go on the run and on the defensive, shooting everything as a host of enemies try to hunt them down. Sin & Punishment: Star Successor brings a one of a kind shooter gameplay created by Treasure, the undisputed masters of the genre.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

bully, the motion controls are not annoying. get it on 360 first if you have the option

all of the VC games, ALL OF THEM (esp mario golf)

Elijah.
Feb 11, 2007

all of your troubles are dead and gone~
Good suggestions itt. Thanks all

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
skyward sword and xenoblade are good ive heard!

:thumbsup:

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

wii sports resort if you actually have friends op

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

whatever the wii sports/resort/etc is where you fly the plane with motion controls is legit awesome. its like the pilotwings that never was for the wii

Smeego
Sep 9, 2001

japan sucks

LaTex Fetish posted:

wii sports resort if you actually have friends op
WarioWare: Smooth Moves if you have friends and alcohol. or weed

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
metroid prime 3 is tolerable

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
don't get super smash bros it's a loving peice of poo poo.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
netflix

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Abandon posted:

????

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Abandon posted:

Dec 26, 2012

Abandon posted:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Kirby's Return to Dreamland is the tightest poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlWsP1a_eQE&t=4s

Gather some friends and get to hate them all over again. Not as much as NSMB though.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
i heard really good things about Little King's Story and so i bought it but never played it hope that helps

Soral
May 30, 2009

what was the name of that doctor game for wii where you could play as an anime knock off of doctor house

try that one, op

glam bam rock
Jun 2, 2009

aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww
WHAM BAM THANK YA GLAM

TheDead1 posted:

try and get the metroid prime trilogy

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
playing gamecube games bc it's an infinitely better system

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Plättchen: Twist & Paint

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
If someone tells you that you should get Kirby's Epic Yarn, spit in his face. He's trash. It's a textbook case of style of substance, where the "original" look somehow got some halfwits to forgive its fatal flaw: the game is bland as all hell and the level design is garbage for babies

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
I've had my Wii for 6 years and only owned Mario Kart and Smash Bros, but I actually started buying some games this summer becuase I plan on taking it back to school with me.

So far, I bought:
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Mario Galaxy 2
Rhythm Fever
Zach and Wiki
Epic Mickey 1 and 2

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Grim posted:

i heard really good things about Little King's Story and so i bought it but never played it hope that helps

it was a super cool pikman game until the second boss kills all of your dudes through a random rear end pinball game and you get really sad because they had familys goddamn it.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Gimbal lock posted:

If someone tells you that you should get Kirby's Epic Yarn, spit in his face. He's trash. It's a textbook case of style of substance, where the "original" look somehow got some halfwits to forgive its fatal flaw: the game is bland as all hell and the level design is garbage for babies

it's not garbage but it is for babies, this much is true.

get Bit.Trip Complete because poo poo was originally designed with Wii in mind.

The Godfather isn't the greatest game but they added a lot of motion control attacks to it and if you are a sociopath it's really fun to gently caress with civilians and throw them around.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Opoona is another interesting Wii title, but it's Phantasy Star crossed with George Costanza.

Like you play a short fat guy who gets owned by others repeatedly as he tries to help them.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

Opoona is another interesting Wii title, but it's Phantasy Star crossed with George Costanza.

Like you play a short fat guy who gets owned by others repeatedly as he tries to help them.

You also get to zip around on a segway and appreciate some art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

burnout paradise

• Locked thread