Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SlyFrog posted:

I mean, I'm sure most people who beat the poo poo out of their spouses really do believe that deep down they're decent people. They're not criminals - how hard is it to have loving dinner done on time? That's all they ask. And they only shoved her once, never hit her.
You're actually a terrible person because you compared calling someone a shitfucker in a video game to domestic abuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Methanar posted:

Knew this comment was coming like 3 hours ago.
Yes but there are way better examples to be made in the context of a discussion about people being dicks in LoL than that. Compare it to yelling at some random guy in traffic, not that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont really want to read detailed analysis of the mental processes of domestic abusers in a league of legends thread

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my pog boyfriend posted:

I will never forget the time watching Dyrus's stream I watch one of the top challenger support players on Alistar just randomly tank 4 tower shows for absolutely no loving reason. Bad decisions will always exist.
Yeah, you're playing with human beings. No matter how high up you get, they're still human: they're going to get dumb ideas in their head and stubbornly stick to them, or miss chances they could have taken, or whatever. Heck, as you get higher up and the average skill level improves, people get punished more harshly for random dumb mistakes. Stepping out of position in bronze gets you an autoattack, stepping out of position in plat gets you killed immediately.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Thumbtacks posted:

What do you guys think about Thresh as a toplane bruiser?
It's a role they werent' designed to fit, so if it works, expect it to get nerfed into the ground.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

It's a role they werent' designed to fit, so if it works, expect it to get nerfed into the ground.
And possibly to get banned for playing it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bholder posted:

When did this turn into the official forums where everybody complains about everything being op and should be deleted?
circa 2009.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

This might be a weird question, but does anyone have links to some/all of the old LoL threads? Trawling through 5+ years worth of archives is a pain, so maybe someone's already done it for some reason.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Methanar posted:

Someone buy me an avatar change gift card because neither paypal nor my debit works for SA.

I will pay you back

Someone's gonna buy you a really lovely avatar just fyi

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

That Shyv splash is the only place where her gauntlets look cool and not incredibly dorky.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The problem with Wind Wall is that it's a cool spell on a short cooldown, which very few other champions have. Like, it actually effects the battlefield, as opposed to just being damage + debuff or a stacking selfbuff or whatever like every other spell in the game.

It's the same reason stuff like Anivia's wall can seem a little bonkers.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my pog boyfriend posted:

Also, there are plenty of people who have stuff like Anivia's wall?
Jarvan IV's ult, Ice Wall, Wind Wall, Braum's whatever, Trundle's giant log of poo poo? Those are the only champs I can think of with abilities that physically affect the battlefield. There are traps and constant AOEs, but those are just 'don't step on this poo poo/go into this poo poo', not things that actually change terrain.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

iunno im not gonna go 'grr sexism' or go 'that's literally impossible' but the posing is kinda awkward and its pretty blatantly because they wanted both tits and rear end in the picture

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah but there's a difference between 'hey here's a weird cartoon character' and 'we bent this woman in a weird way because T&A'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Well the thing is a lot of people who defend that stuff go 'oh well it's realistic that armor would need to have places for the boobs to be kept' or 'well of course women have breasts' like it's just natural that boobplate would be a thing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Well, even in-game, the female characters are all mostly the same, save a few outliers like the yordles. Attractive women age 16-26. And even characters like Elize or Syhvana are kind of 'attractive woman with random non-human features stapled on.' I mean, if Elize was a male champion, he'd probably be this weird ugly spider dude, like that dude who runs the boiler room in Spirited Away. Iunno, an old lady champion would be great. Or maybe something out there, like that character in Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits who's just a shriveled up face with some twigs sticking out.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my pog boyfriend posted:

Swain's mother comes on the battlefield to remind the younger generation what true power is.

Those are the same thing
Look at this dumbo not knowing the difference between tits and boobs.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Well to be fair all those champions (except Graves) are melee bruisers so it makes sense from a visual design perspective for them to be these huge intimidating musclemen.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Servaetes posted:

On the other side of the coin you've got Varus wearing nothing but tar over his balls and ripplin dudes everyone likes sexy crap and playing out fantasies and god drat it this vein of conversation sucks
yeah sexy isn't bad but it'd be nice to get more female champions who aren't sexy. variety is good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

JuniperCake posted:

Unfortunately the character in the picture transforms into a sexualized character later in the game, so I'm not sure if she's the best example of breaking the mold.
Eh I was just talking about that design itself not the character as a good example.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Luccion posted:

Everytime a new splash art comes out, especially if it's female, you Goons always come back to this discussion. Am I the only one who gives no fucks at all what the characters look like. All I am thinking about when playing a champ is: "Okay, what does Q, W, E, and R do? What is the range, and how do I gently caress people up with this collection of pixels." It is such a non factor to me I really wouldn't give a gently caress if every character was an identifiable stick figure as long as the game play was the same.
well if people pay money for skins than clearly some people do care about visual appearance

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

'Over angsty, anime fueled crowd of millions?' Do you base your impressions of the general internet public on Gaia circa 2006?

Anyway, sometimes it's just nice to complain? Iunno, there were a few people on both sides being kind of silly, but I thought we were having a decent discussion about it. Why is it a problem if people have that conversation? It's one thing if people are being ridiculous or toss isms around, but if people are just going 'yeah this is kind of dumb' 'why' 'well i dont hate sexy skins or whatever but some variety would be nice' 'yeah fair enough' then what's the matter?

And it's not like it's a one or another situation. They can have sexy champs and skins and also non-sexy female champs and skins.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Servaetes posted:

This was from yesterday talking with a good buddy I play league with and it seems to fit pretty well with what's occurred in the last few pages. These discussions in the thread are never really level headed, it's just a lot of passive aggressive/outright angry snips at each other about being sexist or racist or whatever freaking subject matter is being discussed and the reason they remain level headed is because probations don't happen at the drop of a hat anymore in Games.
Honestly dude you've been whining more than everyone else here.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The main thing with ADC is that the fun part comes after like 20 minutes of right clicking minions and occasionally trying not to get killed by Jarvan IV.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Che Delilas posted:

It boggles my mind that anyone would believe a stated reason for DDOSing, unless that reason is, "we're on a power trip."
Well, specifically, they're on a power trip against women.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my pog boyfriend posted:

Quinn protip: Flash out of your base early to get to lane quicker than your opponent.
Bringing back them bankplank strats.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

If you're asking if something cool and interesting could happen in LoL, the answer is probably no.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Darth Windu posted:

I have adult attention deficit disorder and I'm high on pain pills and coffee. I dunno it was where my mind went. Those are my main two.

E: I have a prescription for the pain pills.
we aren't the cops man, you don't have to pretend

it's coke isn't it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

To be fair Carface's autoattack being poo poo is kind of the point. Some characters just need poo poo autoattacks. His is poo poo so that you're forced to last hit with his Q, which is an integral part of his playstyle.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Honestly most Bronze players are the type to desperately mash their keys while they're stunned.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my pog boyfriend posted:

A zone control auto attack mage that gets attack speed off CDR. Seems pretty reasonable and not at all weird as gently caress
Weird champs are good. Please no more mages with Single Target Nuke, AOE with weak CC, self-buff, and Ult That Does Damage.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sunfire was hilarious on Amumu way back when you could stack them. You'd just waddle around a teamfight like a huge piece of poo poo doing ~400 damage a second.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

she's been in the game for 4+ years and i still have no idea what you even build on poppy

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

+375% ap

oh wait sorry +750

no way that makes it to live

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oh, whoops, I misread it as 1% ap for every stack.

To be fair +60% AP is still pretty good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

misguided rage posted:

I assume you're just loving with us at this point.
yes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

If you think you have a legitimate chance to save them, go in. Braum can pull some crazy saves for instance.

If you think odds are low that you could save them, let them die.

If it's a choice between you dying and them dying, let them die. It's Bronze 2, he isn't gonna miss that much CS.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Darth Windu posted:

I have never contacted anyone off of this forum for services beyond one on one time, and the only thing I have requested on the forum is a reliable and safe drop hack method, which I am still looking for by the way. PM me.
You can contact me for one on one time anytime, honey.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Darth Windu posted:

Personally, if I knew how to do it I would do it for every game mode, because why lose?
Because you're not an rear end in a top hat?

Just take your loss like a grown up without screwing over the people on the enemy team. It's a video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Angry Walrus posted:

Regularly scheduled reminder that Gowby is a giant troll and you morons keep falling for his act.
I don't post in this thread.

• Locked thread