Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I started playing LoL today. I bought Sona right away and played 4 games against live players, and went 3-1. I learned exactly one thing.

This game is dangerous.
Very dangerous.
I'm scared.

(I also learned that I must buy DJ Sona as soon as I can to fill the void I suddenly find in my heart)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Just played my sixth game ever. Got stuck on a team with an afk player, so 4v5. We still won handily. This game is weird.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Started playing Morgana tonight, played a few Treeline games to get a feel for her. Went up against a Master Yi. It did not go well. Very not well. Someone tell me this is a bad match up so I can feel better about myself.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

henkman posted:

Yeah it's really bad with this

My roomate and I started playing this game about a month ago. We're both a little past 20, and we will occasionally play with a friend of ours who is Silver IV.

This apparently means we have to constantly play against high gold and platinum players.

I sure do learn a lot about the game when I lose to a single Kat/Riven 5 games in a row.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Libertine posted:

Zeke's super shocker linker thinger is hilariously good.

I built it early in an ARAM earlier today and linked with a Draven. After a while I realized he didn't know about it, so I explained it to him. He was like, "What!?"

2 Draven Quadrakills and a Pentakill later we won that game.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

kingcobweb posted:

Support Champion Fun Rating Tier List

S-tier:
Blitzcrank
Bard
Trundle

A-tier:
Tahm Kench
Thresh
Lulu
Nami

B-tier:
Alistar
Braum
Annie
Janna
Vel'Koz
Leona

C and below is everyone else.

So have you just not played Sona, or ???

If bursting half of the enemy ADC's health away at level one isn't fun, I don't know what is.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Lovechop posted:

wow, fiora was so bad that they actually just hotfixed in buffs for her. don't remember ever seeing that before

Wait, what did they do? I didn't see this anywhere

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
So, I've been first building Dead Man's Plate into Mejai's Soulstealer on Janna, and yeah, I'm pretty much unkillable every game I do it.

Anyone else tried this or have an opinion because so far it seems preeeetty good.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

d0grent posted:

guys build dead mans plate it lets you go fast and not die

Racecar Janna:

Talisman of Ascension
Dead Man's Plate
Twin Shadows
Boots of Mobility - Alacrity
Sightstone
Rabadon's Deathcap?

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I am building Dead Man's Plate into Mejai's every single Janna game I play until the end of time.

Note, 3 of my deaths happened in the last five minutes as I was frantically trying to cover the other team pushing into our base in all three lanes.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Tired Moritz posted:

Are we all gonna post our matches and cry because

I wasn't cyring, I was excited. I pretty much went 1/1/39 as Janna, with a fully stacked Mejai's the entire game. You think I care I lost? Not exactly my fault at that point, so I'm just happy I had such a good game.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I wish you could vote, like, 4/5 to re-queue when you join a game and someone picks their champ and locks immediately without saying anything.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Headline posted:

Anyone have any experiences with reputable elo boosting services? Any price/service comparisons would be welcome as well.

Just send me the money and I'll call you once a day and tell you how great you are at League of Legends.

It will probably accomplish more.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I bought dead man's plate on janna and had 600 movement speed and it was baller. I have no idea if this item is even any good on her but hot drat is it fun.

Make sure you follow it with Mejai's, since you pretty much never die once you have it

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Libertine posted:

There's more important things for a support to do than move slightly faster and discharge large quantities of physical damage.

Well, first of all, the discharge only works on melee, so Janna doesn't actually get the burst damage, but because she doesn't really auto, that passive is just 60 move speed.

Second, the reason it's good on her not in a vacuum, but when combined with Mejai's Soulstealer. It allows her to very easily stack it for the AP/CDR and then spend that gold elsewhere. It also allows her to roam a lot better as well.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Garen...invincible...exploding my team...

please advise

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Loose Ifer posted:

What's a good build path for Garen with the new items. He's my favorite and I want to build him correctly.

Black Cleaver, then just straight tank based on whatever the enemy team is (heavy ad, heavy ap)

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

blah_blah posted:

Building one or more of the new AD/tank items (Titanic Hydra/Sterak's Gage) is a good idea.

Look, it don't matter. None of this matters.

You're Garen.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I've been building Soraka as follows in my low mmr anything goes world with Hp% Seals:

Ancient Coin
Sightstone
Boots of Speed
Banner of Command
Warmog's Armor
Talisman of Ascension
Boots of Mobility

Max W first

I basically just float between bot and top sustaining both of them, occasionally dropping a heal on the jungler as well. Warmog's comes online at about level 12 at which point I heal forever and ever and ever.

CubeTheory fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Aug 29, 2015

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Darth Windu posted:

there's really no point in going tanky on soraka

It's more for the 100hp a second Warmog's Armor gives you.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Also, this is more of a roaming Soraka build. Roam around and heal, get your HP back between heals, talisman/tank your way out of trouble, drop tons of vision as you roam, drop promoted minions into empty lanes to slow push.

Also, I put the wrong boots. Mobilities are what I meant.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I'm about to finish my first placements ever.

I'm going to be bronze. I know it.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I only have one pentakill.

It was Teemo.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Vermain posted:

Sona players: do you think that Precision or Intelligence is better on her, in general? Intelligence is about an extra half-second shaved off of all of her main spells, which seems useful (especially with Windseeker's; it has more than a 50% uptime with Intelligence), but Precision seems better for initial laning poke. Any thoughts?

Sona's lane game is so good right now I prefer the cdr for late game relevance rather then doubling down.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
This is the best patch ever.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

ungulateman posted:

IBG gives 20% CDR now so you're overdosing on the reductions of cooling down there.

Yeah, I've not adjusted yet, I need to work it out

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

kingcobweb posted:

THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING!!! If you DO NOT switch out your trinket to RED TRINKET and UPGRADE it when you are level nine your SUPPORT PRIVILEGES WILL BE REVOKED!!!

Look, man, I don't need to support. I'm a jungler now. A gem studded jungler.

edit:

Here ya go

CubeTheory fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Nov 22, 2015

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Tsurupettan posted:

taric is not a support he's a top laner/jungler

The jungle game I played earlier was against a Lee Sin who started the game by saying on all chat "Taric Jungle. GG".

I killed him many times.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

kingcobweb posted:

what the gently caress bizarro world patch are you playing on where a game can last an hour

They had a 12k gold lead at one point and we still came back and won because Taric hit his level 18 powerspike.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

kingcobweb posted:

okay also you didn't upgrade your trinket, for free, in this game that lasted an hour.

Life is meaningless

You keep saying upgrade, but they're side-grades now? I'm confused. Oracle doesn't give true sight.

edit: Nevermind, I have no idea what's going on with those two, apparently I should just be getting Oracle.

Wait, stop distracting me. Taric OP.

CubeTheory fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Nov 22, 2015

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Gibberish posted:

You can play any champion in any role, but that doesn't mean it's optimal

Here are some things Taric jungle does:

Clears three camps with no leash.
Stays super healthy through all clears.
Easy ganks with stun once you have boots.
Can solo dragon at 6 without dropping below half health.
Good late game team fighting with auras and stun spam.
Looks swole.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Vermain posted:

Wow, they buffed the hell out of Windspeaker's:

Wait, does it still only work on other allies or can you buff yourself now? Toplane Taric needs to know

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

ImpAtom posted:

Considering how easy it is to kill the tentacles I really suspect it's just a case of learning and once people get used to her she'll actually be pretty weak.

I was watching Sirhcez spamming Poppy games last night and he made the tentacles look like a joke, just walking out from every single attack. I suspect being aware of the tentacles will quickly make them useless for laning.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Someone yell at me at tell me why Morgana jungle is bad because I'm not good enough to understand it myself.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Firebert posted:

I dont know how healthy she clears now but Morg was a fine non-meta jungler in season 4

I tested it at about half health with two health potions with no leash after three camps.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Ok, so I tested it with a single person leash and I was able to be in lane with 60% health at 2:55. Not sure if that is fast enough, but it seemed awful speedy.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

RealFoxy posted:

e: Dyrus is now playing with his Father, cr1tikal, and his fathers friends.

I feel like I'm watching a man slowly go insane. Things are not going well for Dyrus top lane.

edit: And now Dadyrus is raging on chat after a really bad chase and death in the enemy jungle. This is fantastic and depressing.

CubeTheory fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Dec 1, 2015

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Vermain posted:

Honestly, if there's anything they should buff, it's Windraider's. Does anyone use it? The sort of characters who'd benefit most from it (assassins) generally already have built-in escape mechanisms that are a lot more useful than a 30% speed boost, and poo poo like Thunderlord's is always useful, regardless of the target you happen to be attacking.

Nasus

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
edit: what, double post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Welp, built Warrior->Iceborn on new Poppy jungle and immediately solo'd Rift Herald, so that's a thing.

• Locked thread