Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

i enjoy kindred/janna bot lane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

is yorick a good champ? i know gently caress all about him since he came out after quit the first time years back.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

i played TT for the first time since 2010 today and it is kind of fun, does anyone have an idiot baby's guide to playing TT or want to play with me on EUW and hold my hand? i'm TsurupettanSA in game.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

i build janna pure move speed and then spend the entire game making race car noises with my mouth

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Diana is my loving jam and she clicks with me really well. I don't know why, but she's basically everything I wanted gameplay wise. I know she can go mid (or top, but according to friends, on-meta tops eat her? idk) but I am playing her jungle because of the roles my friends play usually.

Does anyone have some general mechanical tips for her or build suggestions? Right now I'm going 21/0/9, ap quints, armor seals, flat ap glyphs, aspd marks (smoother early jungle clear, still useful for passive later, but unsure if flat pen are better).

Machete/2 pots > Stalker's Blade on first back > Brown boots > Runeglaive. I'm usually 6 at this point, I think. After that I'm going into efficient defensive AP items depending on my needs. Seeker's Armguard, Abyssal. I'll rush Luden's if I get successful ganks and get far ahead. Upgrading boots to Sorc after I grab the previous defensive items. Not sure if I should be getting upgaded boots sooner.

Should I be attempting to gank pre-6 on her? I am usually leaving her E until 5 and then trying to set things up as soon as I hit 6. She seems to leave a lot to be desired for pre-6 engagements, unless the enemy is in really stupidly overextended positions.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

were these posted yet?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

maybe it's just the dota player in me, but new quinn sounds like a broodmother-level annoyance that relentlessly split pushes and runs away with superior mobility, vision and good waveclear. but i dont claim to know jack poo poo about league at high levels of play.

here have another new toy.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

exethan posted:

we dota boys

League of Legends S6: Achieved parity with Dota 2.

i am going to take Grasp of the Undying + Death's Dance on Darius and heal forever infinitely

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Marceline Abadeer posted:

Wow, a Sivir skin that isn't total cheesecake and it's hideous. gg rito

cant really complain about cheesecake with that cropped avatar though.

the skin looks good but yeah her silhouette is very leona with it.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

tsuaii is a chill as gently caress dude who draws what he loves and makes a lot of bank off it.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqOqFz8b5Pk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS7-M9Z9HL0

pbe videos going over masteries and jungle stuff.

i can't wait to play diana with hunter's talisman.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

it's pretty cool that graves can clear the jungle and end it with full hp now.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

i turned on your stream and i heard something about automatically being given homeguards after minute 20. what?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Libertine posted:

What do the new mastery trees actually looks like and/or is there a web-based calculator somewhere for them?

Reading them out of structure of what tier they are in and what pre-defined locks there are isn't really helping me to think about them.

i haven't seen a calculator for them yet, but i posted a video a few pages back where a guy spends 20 minutes going over the new trees in-game.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

the only math i need to know is how to calculate a tip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc5eaqJTbqI

love tap looks neat.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

am I the only one who looked at Bandit and said 'yep, i am going to take this on a melee top laner and be greedy and aggressive as gently caress'? I kind of want to try 18 resolve / 12 cunning on someone like Darius or Garen

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

i don't understand, can you phrase it in the form of a car analogy?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

port alchemist from dota into league.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Arcturas posted:

Thanks guys. I'll look into Zac, Renekton, and Garen next time they're on free rotation. My big gripe about Malphite right now is that it feels like he just doesn't do any damage, and unlike a support (I play Janna & Leona reasonably often) it doesn't feel like he has that much CC outside of his ult.

https://twitter.com/LeagueOfLegends/status/447126845276696576

Garen is free, this promo is still going on.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Biowarfare posted:

going to save you some time and just say contact support

NADEEZX97CXYXZ

Here's a Garen code that I generated as I made this post.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

riot please make garen's spin apply on-hit effects

thanks in advance.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

pre-season 6 mastery calculator, didnt see it in thread: http://efferentinc.com/wp-content/lol6calc/index.html

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

i downloaded a 600mb update for league yesterday and it wiped my item sets and reset a bunch of settings. how do i get my item sets back without remaking them all? :mad:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Marceline Abadeer posted:

They liked my bard build tho. ;o)

what was your bard build? i missed like half the game while cooking, but it was a pretty fun back and forth for the bits i did catch.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

draven is a fun and rewarding champion and i enjoy catching his axes and being aggressive as gently caress. i don't really have anything to add beyond that.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Servaetes posted:

In general a lot of you guys could get better by simply auto attacking your opponents in lane more than never and gassing yourselves casting

I have a much harder time harassing with autoattack as support than i do when supporting in dota and i haven't figured out why yet.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

If you play Soraka you are literally hitler.

soraka is really loving dumb right now :mad:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

this game was absolutely hilarious and i have no idea what the gently caress. our shaco owned.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

i am learning yasuo and my friend has talked me into trying ER and some scaling CDR blues on him. this sounds like an awful idea but 18s ult could be hilarious.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

oh i know the limitations, i even stated that to him. his reply was 'our group plays a poo poo ton of knock up champs anyway, so just try it for a laugh'.

yasuo is pretty fun though and it looks like he has a lot of flexibility in his item choices after shiv/ie/boots. some combination of bt, maw, dead man's, dominik's, bork, or hydra all seem good depending on team comp. probably some other new item i am forgetting too.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

remember to have fun when playing videogames. :)

i always have fun except when im not

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

the best part of dynamic group queue for ranked is that we can force the surrender when we get steamrolled

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

DolphinCop posted:

please dont build essence reaver as your first item, it needs other items to combo with the crit passive and its stats are rear end on their own. dont do it. wait until you have something else. for real

yeah build your zeal first

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

NuclearPotato posted:

As far as I can tell, you can't get Alistar for free anymore; the auto-link to the Youtube registration is broken. Got Trist fine, haven't tried to get Garen because I don't have Twitter. :effort:

You message them on Twitter with your name/region and they will add it to your account in thirty minutes with an apology and a friendly 'go get 'em!' message because their custserv owns.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

riot keep burying shurelia in the dirt.

it is the best business decision you've ever made.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Health regen in general is bugged right now.
Yesterday a Mundo on my team was fleeing from an MF. Mundo had something like 10 health left.
MF shoots at him > Mundo throws a cleaver which brings him below 0 health > MF's shot doesn't connect as the target is already dead > cleaver hits MF > Mundo revives because of the health return

???

soraka can also suicide with her heal and 'die' for like a second. it's goofy as gently caress.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING!!! If you DO NOT switch out your trinket to RED TRINKET and UPGRADE it when you are level nine your SUPPORT PRIVILEGES WILL BE REVOKED!!!

taric is not a support he's a top laner/jungler

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Brannock posted:

This kit is going to wreck Yasuo.

The W stops dashes, but what about blinks? Probably not, not for like Zed, but what about Yi? I wonder how they coded it, whether there's a detection for dash speed, or if they hard-coded an exception for every single dash ability in the game.

the page says blinks arent affected but only mentions flash usage.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

i don't like playing against support illaoi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

haha so Rift Herald is literally Roshan now on PBE? wtf

Edit: Having Rift Herald drop the buff and allowing either team to get it makes it so risky that I don't see it being worth it except in the 5% of situations where it's nearly completely safe to do so.

the surrender at 20 pbe writeup says only the team who lands the kill can pick it up, even if both can see it.

• Locked thread