Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Eve is the sort to use the bushes to mess with your ability to trade. I would buy a ward as well as ward trinket, then drop the ward in tribush/riverbush and use the trinket for clearing her out of bushes if she starts juking excessively. If she pushes straight to your tower and tries to keep you there she probably wants to set up for a dive gank with the jungler, so in that case ward the closest tribush and try to play a little farther back and keep your health up.

Cho Gath's design is extremely archaic at this point. he can't contribute to teamfights in the late game like he once could, since every champion has a dash for dealing with his pop-up these days. He's definitely still deadly in lane, though, especially with jungler support. Get as many levels as possible, but if there ever comes a point where you can't trade effectively anymore, just start ganking mid and bottom. Cho can clear waves quickly but his tower damage is low enough to make him a fairly weak split pusher. You can leave him alone up top without much trouble if you need to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
On most supports I like to start with Blue Knife, since it has the best stats for laning as well as better gold gain if I'm actively harassing the enemy lanes. After I have boots and a sightstone I sell it and start building toward Fast Orb, since the Blue Knife upgrade is poo poo and the Fast Orb is loving incredible. I also find that I'm proccing the Orb gold bonus much more often than the Knife, since later in the game you're likely to be near creeps waves when your team or the enemy team is pushing, but you're not likely to be teamfighting so constantly that the Knife gold gain is decent.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
I see a lot of Braum bans, and I see a lot of people pick Braum first if he's unbanned, but what I haven't seen is a single Braum player that had a clue how to make the popularity worth it. His ability to play bullet sponge seems nice, but I haven't seen anything that would make me want him on my team as a frontliner over Thresh or even Leona.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
actually there's no discernible difference in the quality of players below diamond

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
I think abyssal scepter would be a good pickup for Azir, unless the range on his ultimate is significantly higher than his champion spotlight led me to believe. I don't think he'll be able to stay far enough away from other champions to support the pure damage builds being suggested above. Maybe liandry's torment? Do minion stabs proc that?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
There's plenty of Vayne players that can deal a lot of damage at level 1 with good tumble combos. Honestly, I think she's a fairly versatile champion, and I've never had trouble laning alongside her with aggro supports like Sona, passive supports like Nami, or all-in supports like Leona. There's also plenty of bad eggs that were drawn to her supposed late game power but don't particularly understand the in-between steps, though.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Nami's wave already increases the movespeed of every ally it passes through. 1 point seems hard to check for.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Sharzak posted:

If I have 30 armor and add 30 more armor I go from ignoring 23% ad to ignoring 35% ad. If I have 200 armor and add 30 armor it is a much smaller percent increase.

Going from 0 to 50% damage reduction halves the damage you take. Going from 50% to 75% damage reduction also halves the damage you take. Smaller "percent increase", same effect.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

quote:

While we were cleaning up some code with Sona, we accidentally reduced the cast range on her Hymn of Valor. We fixed it. Sorry!

I KNEW IT

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Disinterested posted:

There is really noticeable step change in rear end in a top hat behaviour in my games between mid gold and now high gold/low plat MMR.

Yikes.

Higher, or lower? I just went through that barrier and I haven't noticed a huge change, but then again I tend to tune out the flaming anyway

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Spellthief is better on basically every ranged support. It has better stats at level 1, and the gold generation is better in the laning phase provided you're actively harassing, which you should be on account of being ranged.

Once the laning phase is over I usually sell the knife and switch to coin, which has better gold generation in teamfights and group pushing. I like the Talisman's active more than the frost queen claim's, but I think it's wrong to go into lane at level 1 with nothing more than a meager amount of mp regen.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

YourHealthyColon posted:

I wonder how early he'll be able to solo dragon.

Probably super early, with one problem: when you die to trigger the passive there's going to be a mapwide callout that lets everybody else know you're doing it. It might still work if you can cast smite while undead.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Artificer posted:

Any tips or advice for playing rework Sona?

From what I gather it seems that, other than poking the enemies, you are encouraged to hug your ADC to make sure your buffs and aura land. Other than that I don't see too many other differences. Itemization seems about the same too.

She's almost exactly the same as old Sona. The one major difference is that frontloading all the aura damage from Q onto a single hit allows for better burst, which is useful for killing dragon. Also, the buff damage from Q doesn't apply to turrets, which means you can put it onto your entire team while pushing and make it extra dangerous for the enemy team to contest a turret kill.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Flameingblack posted:

You've got to be much closer to give your buffs too, which means you've got to be a little more careful about positioning in lane phase, esp against someone like Morgana or Thresh.

I've found the impact of this change has been very low. You have about five seconds to apply the buff before the aura disappears, which is generally more than enough to scoot around and dump your damage/shield/movespeed on everybody nearby. The trouble with Morgana and Thresh has always been keeping up your chord harass without getting caught out. Sona is a champion you pick with the intention of harassing people out of lane, and if you can't do that you generally go into the later phases of the game with a handicap.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
I like Soraka's rework a lot. Her silence does more damage and has more utility than it used to, and it's completely loving nuts how short the cooldown on heal is now. You can top any champion off in less than ten seconds, no matter how low their hp drops.

Itemizing is a bit weird for her, since extra health makes her heals more painful. I tried building regen items, but unless you particularly need magic resistance it's hard to find good options that don't boost your health. In the end I found pure ap to be the best option, even in a support role. Hourglass is a good pickup for her.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

How Rude posted:

I really like the frost fang line on Soraka more because it gives AP, and AP is a must have on new soraka.

Frost fang is a lot better at the start, given how good both of her damage skills are for harass at early levels. I think it might be worth switching to Talisman later though, on account of her cc being so weak.

I haven't experimented that much with gp10 items for her, though. I usually get a tier two knife and a sightstone and then book it straight for deathcap or ardent censor.

Edit:

xeose4 posted:

I feel that support items are more about the gold than the stats they give (they are all gold inefficient on purpose), and maybe it's because I'm Bronze trash, but I can't really harass safely with Soraka. Her Q is hard to land (even the outer rim) and unless you land it on both the ADC and the support (which is even harder), very mana inefficient, and your E is absolutely a no-go for harass (high cd and manacost). So all you have left to get your cashmoney is autoattacks. Since her range is 550, it puts you right in retaliatory range of almost every ADC and most supports.

At level 1, this is unacceptable, since you have no way of healing yourself, which gets you burning through your health potions for 30-45 gold at the most. At level 2, you do come online and can harass safely knowing you're mitigating retaliatory damage with your Q self-heal, but I've found that doing this puts Soraka on a horrendous mana drain. Even if you only harass enough to cash in on your iceknife, it's still going to eat through so much of your mana (Q's manacost is frankly oppressive).

I just feel it's too much effort for a tinsy bit of AP that won't make that much of a difference (when compared to Talisman's mana and HP regen, not to mention the active).

Starfall has a range of like, one zilion units; That's the key to good harass right there. Stand behind the creep wave and look at the health of your minions. When one minion's health is getting low you can be pretty sure the enemy ADC is going to move in to hit it. While they're moving toward the creep and taking the attack, there's a window of about half a second where you know exactly where they are. While they kill the creep, you drop a starfall and an autoattack, and then back off. Incidentally, this is the secret to successful support for every ranged champion in the game.

It sounds to me like you're overcommitting and taking hits from both the enemy laners or taking extra creep aggro at level 1. If you stick to max range starfalls and individual autoattacks, you can hit level 2 against any lane matchup with your carry and full health and you above half.

Venuz Patrol fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Oct 5, 2014

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

You should definitely get tier 3 knife, it is incredibly good CC for both picks and disengages.

It's quite nice, and if you hit someone with it you can combo into equinox with a near guarantee of getting the root off. That's a fairly big "if", though, and I think it misunderstands Soraka's role. She has no mobility skills and a fairly significant delay between hitting a starfall and getting healed by it, so if someone focuses her she's pretty much toast. Where knife has a chance to slow someone (provided they don't flash out of it or go to precisely the location you expect them to), Talisman is a guaranteed speed boost that will always serve to remove her from danger when she needs it. If someone's already on you, knife isn't going to get rid of them, but talisman has a shot.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Super Librarian posted:

I know it's fun to jump at the chance of piling on Gowby but seriously, building a big ticket AP item before Frost Queen is really dumb in most circumstances. There are two main exceptions I can think of: Morg could rush a Zhonya's due to the nature of her ult, or high damage supports like Zyra could maybe skip FQC if they get insanely fed during laning.

For 1335G (vs 2200G for Ardent Censer or 3300G for Deathcap), you get 40AP, 10% CDR, more mana regen, and an AOE slow that's useful for engaging/disengaging and serves as an extra way to safely scout ahead into bushes when warding. It also lets you start/finish Mikael's that much faster, which is usually way more important than AC or straight AP.

FQC vs Talisman is a whole other argument entirely, though.

You're describing completely different things, here. If the gold costs were similar it would be easier to make direct comparisons, but as it is we're looking at small gold sink -> small bonus versus large gold sink -> large bonus. As fnox mentioned, once you hit tier two you have full gold generation, and as was mentioned by someone else a few pages ago, the draw for gp10 items is the gp10 and the active component, not the stat efficiency. In the knife's case, I don't like the active component enough to justify delaying something more important or more interesting.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

xeose4 posted:

I just went 7/5/4 as Thresh in a normal against a Sion/Rengar bot lane (my ADC was Corki). I know the mistakes I made: they all-inned me at level 2 and instantly deleted me (I was getting too overconfident, thinking I could just use my flay-charged autos to harass rengar every time he popped out of the bush for cs). From then on I played super passively and didn't stop my ADC from freaking out, panicking and harassing our jungler to come (to absolutely no effect whatsoever, we didn't get a single kill in any of his ganks, only a tower).

Rengar's power comes from bush camping, and it can't really be stopped by warding (since he can still do his leap even when you have vision on him). The way two professional players would solve that lane is pushing up to the enemy tower and keeping the wave there at all times so that Rengar can't use the bushes.

That sounds like less of an option for your game, so you could have settled for warding whichever bush the wave ends up nearest and then standing as far back as you can while still being in exp range of the creeps, throwing lanterns to bail your carry out whenever he gets pounced on. Sometimes you just have to accept that a lack of carry cooperation is going to prevent the lane dominance your matchup is technically capable of; no use throwing good lives after bad in that sort of case.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Libertine posted:

I've been gone for a week on vacation. New patch is coming out tomorrow. Better late than never on Patch 4.17 Tier List.
http://pryorability.blogspot.com/2014/10/league-of-legends-tier-list-patch-417.html

Have there been any solid gold awesome posts in like the last 30 pages?!?

I disagree with your Soraka verdict. Her heal is on such a short cooldown that it's nearly impossible to kill allied champions while you're still alive. this makes you the primary target in teamfights, of course, but shifting focus from a carry to the support is a benefit all of its own. Itemization is a bit weird for her, since health items are strictly bad to build unless they have seriously good bonuses attached (at the moment I would only count Talisman of Ascension and Sightstone), but there's more than enough options to make her work.

The current comedy build i've been winning games in plat 4 with is tier two knife, mobility boots, and sightstone, and then a guardian angel rush followed by rabadan deathcap. The guardian angel makes people unwilling to target you (even though they should), which lets you get some serious healing off in teamfights without anybody batting an eyelash at you. If you do get blown up at the start of a fight, your GA proc will usually have you alive in time to ult and turn things around before the rest of your team is dead.

She has a really unique playstyle which I enjoy a lot, which is the main reason I've been playing her almost exclusively recently. Her skills (apart from heal) have great range, so you can stand super far back in teamfights, moving in for heals and then ducking out again as many times as you need to. I've found I can heal myself down to 10 health remaining and still stick around looking for lucky starcall hits, since you can stand so far back that nobody without a global ultimate can touch you.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
I've played a ton of Soraka since the rework, and I think she's super strong now, especially for teamfighting. Having a 1.5 second cooldown, 300 point heal means that nobody on your team can die before you do. This means the enemy team wants to kill you asap, but her poke skills have a super long range and once you get used to playing her you can hang out on the outside of your team cluster and wait for someone to engage before zooming in to heal people up. Laning's fun too, since one point in Q and one point in W is all you need to deliver damage from well outside the effective range of any other support champion in the game, while keeping both you and the carry topped off. Starcall also has the benefit of lighting up bushes, meaning you can prevent jungle invades, ward bushes safely, etc. There's almost none of the exploratory risk from warding that plagues most other supports.

It takes a bit of patience to get used to her kit, which has no mobility and is also fragile on account of sacking her own health pool for healing, but once you get the hang of it she is seriously godlike in almost any scenario.

EDIT: as for other supports, I think Nami is quite nice but lacks damage. Her stun and knockup are both nice, but she won't ever be able to kill anyone on her own, which is what you need sometimes. I like Sona better for her healing and her damage, which can solo unsuspecting mid laners in the mid game easily. Her issue, of course, being that all her eggs are in one basket, with a single whiffed ultimate sometimes meaning complete disaster for a game that was under control minutes beforehand.

Venuz Patrol fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 17, 2014

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

occipitallobe posted:

Decided to try new Raka again. Her teamfight heal is crazy, her starfall is p. good for waveclear and harass, and her silence zone is ungodly powerful against assassins like Zed.

"Oh I see you decided to ult in on my carry. Enjoy being silenced and doing no damage."

Her only real problems stems from when people realise that she's the squishiest support of all (by design) and jump on and kill you. I suspect her inability to build tank stats is why she's not seen in pro play - everything else about her seems quite strong.

The secret is Guardian Angel! I rush that asap and it would be a completely bizarre item choice on any other champion in the game, but on Soraka it means that if you get jumped on first, you'll be up in time to help the rest of the team anyway, and it provides defensive power that isn't messed up quite as much by her self-damage.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
I'm confused by the persistent claims that Leona counters Sona. Leona can't trade until level 3 without getting annihilated, meanwhile Sona is godlike at level 1 trades. Poke the other laners at levels 1 and 2 when they can't do anything about it, and then they'll either be dead or too low on health to contest you when they hit their stride. If Leona or the carry recalls, the exp gap just widens further and they can't deal with you when they get back.

I'd go as far as saying Leona is the only champion that I feel 100% safe picking Sona into. Thresh and Blitzcrank can survive at level 1 and ruin your day with good hooks, Janna and Nami can heal through enough of your early harass and then outperform at level 3 and on, and even weird gimmick damage supports like Brand and Karma can trade evenly with you. Leona's the only support that brings nothing to the table that can stop Sona from steamrolling a lane into oblivion.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Servaetes posted:

Okay, to piggyback off of this, worst skin purchase decision? Or top three? From worst decision to the worstest for myself:

1. Aristocrat Vayne (I never play this champ what the gently caress)
2. Hired Gun Graves (Mafia/Cop skins are so very much better)
3. Scarlet Hammer Poppy (Christ argh)

the worst skin purchase decision is Ice Toboggan Corki, a purchase decision so catastrophically bad it sloughed off the small handful of people who made it and onto every other player in the game

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Yasuo's out after the latest round of nerfs dumped his winrate to 40%. Tristana's nerf was more mild but I still think it knocked her off the top ban/pick list. Maokai, Morgana, Zed, and Braum are all okay bans that won't get you yelled at by your team. I think the best three for the newest patch are Akali, Kha Zix, and Ryze.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Nasus is a dumb champion who you can never really shut down.

You must not play Rumble.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

I like Mundo a lot, so trust me when I say that Mundo's power curve is a million times worse than Nasus'. There are lanes where Nasus can farm well and be ready to do something for the first dragon fight, be it staying top and taking a turret or teleporting in to help out. Mundo's wave clear is nice and he can push a turret halfway decently, but his ult's value is insultingly low at rank one, and his skills don't deal enough damage until he's beefy enough to apply a ton of ticks of burn and bonus AD over a long term at melee range in a teamfight. Which basically means that he won't be teamfighting properly until at least level 11, and probably level 16.

I would call Mundo's ultimate his biggest problem. The healing compared to health spent to use the skill makes it an actual liability to use in many situations, which is not how any ultimate skill should be. I wish the scaling were moved off of the amount of health regenerated and onto something else; my own idea would be to make the regen a flat 50% of mundo's max health, but with a 240/180/120 second cooldown. Something that would make it genuinely useful for clutch plays early but wouldn't immediately translate to him having full health at all times.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
I guess their intention was to make a carry that soul binds the support, but from where I'm standing she looks more like a bruiser top laner that soul binds the jungler.

e: mostly i dunno how she's gonna build carry with ultimate activation time that long and range that low

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
I mean, she's basically Ashe. I don't think you could have beef with one without having beef with the other. Although, there's plenty of people in this thread who DO have problems with Ashe, so I guess it's a moot point.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
I buy League of Legends skins at a rate of about one every two years, and it looks like my next (third) purchase will be Reaper Soraka. Can't wait for that to come out.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

If she soulbonds with Thresh, does that mean she kills him, yet he's still able to take souls himself to make himself stronger? Soul-stacking much?

Sadly, ghost scientists have as yet been unable to prove the Transitive Property of Souls.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Poulpe posted:

Question about this since it's come up-
Everybody says auto-q-auto is the best early lane harass, but I'm also aware that the second bounce on double up is where the real damage is at and I have a really hard time landing auto-second bounce q-auto; am I supposed to just be first bouncing fools in level 1 trades?

MF was added to the game very early, so double up has a randomized element that would never be introduced to the game these days. Specifically, the bounce target is picked randomly from all units in range of the cone, which means hitting champions with it is usually a pipe dream. This means if you want to hit a champion with double up, you target the skill onto them. If you're lucky, the bounce hits the champion you didnt target.

More importantly, though, the cooldown on double up makes it ineffective for harassing with only the bounce, even if you could reliably hit an enemy champion with it every time. You have to be mixing in autoattacks to get impure shot stacks up and deal enough damage to make trades worthwhile, which means you honestly just have to get in there and commit whenever you want to harass. The good news is that you'll usually win the trade, because you're MF.

If you want to be dropping consistent long range harass that the support can't just trivially heal through, you'd be better off playing Ezreal.

edit: was double up patched to have priority recently? I haven't played her since season 3 or supporter for her that many times, and back then it definitely chose targets completely randomly.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
My favorite Soraka build is tier two knife, sightstone, boots of mobility, necronomicon, guardian angel, rabadan deathcap. I think I could benefit from adding mikhael's somewhere in there, but I haven't experimented enough with that to know exactly where. Her mana regen is good enough already that I don't feel a particular need for chalice or its upgrades, but I would still want mikhael's for the active on occasion.

Guardian Angel is my One Weird Trick for teamfight survival, since it makes it very difficult for assassins to remove me from a fight before I can at least ult and get a few heals off.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

kaschei posted:

So the problem is that a character with a bad early game doesn't have a bad middlegame? There are a ton of champs like this. There is definitely a sort of "Singed player" that you mention though.

Normal MMR is completely separate from ranked MMR. I doubt it's any more flexible - it has no need to be, there are many more players for normal than ranked - but people that either don't try in normals or who usually play ranked but stopped for end of season for whatever reason don't have normal MMRs appropriate to their skill.

Normal MMR does influence the starting point for your placement matches in ranked. Once your ranked and normal brackets are both established, they diverge from there.

Portraits borders tend not to mean jack poo poo, at any rate. Plenty of players use normals as a dumping ground for practicing new champions, playing bad gimmicks or champions for fun, or stuff like that. I know I do, and I tend not to care much when people whine about me winning or losing an unranked game while having a diamond border.

Venuz Patrol fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 7, 2014

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
The scaling on starfall is horrible, so you generally won't be killing anybody with it. It's telling that every post I see about how epic uber strong her damage is has an allied turret in the equation, because countering dives is something that she is legitimately extremely good at. When you dive someone, you're on a timer to kill them before the turret wipes you out, and the healing component of starfall as well as soraka's ultimate are very good at allowing her to last longer than the diving champion expects or can deal with.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

How Rude posted:

If you get someone that knows what you can do as Soraka though and they're smart they'll focus you first to prevent you from healing their opponent. Soraka is like a battery that provides more effective hp to her ally than her actual hp total so killing her first is probably a smart move unless you want to attempt to kill a never-dying Irelia or Garen or ADC.

This is why I buy Guardian Angel early on her. It turns teamfights into a catch-22 for the enemy team.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Petition to let advanced item sheen procs stack.

In order to unlock the ultimate in bad but extremely tempting ezrael builds, we the undersigned hereby request that triforce, frozen fist, and lichbane on hit procs be made nonexclusive.

1."Big" Keven.
2. bond
3. Dolphin Police, the best support player in the world

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Servaetes posted:

I'll never forget my first game against Brackhar as Rumble and him complaining relentlessly about how stupidly high Rumble's base AD was for a caster as I crushed the poo poo out of his Shyvanna. Memories :)

Keep in mind this was the old old old old old iteration of Rumble which boasted a 45 second CD ult and it did actual damage on impact + dot and was crazy loving broken and all of NA insisted he was hot garbage while the Europeans wised up on him instantly. It's really neat how strategy trickles down sometimes.

edit: poo poo think about Rengar nobody in NA can seemingly play him really well but in Korea he's some kind of goddamned monster cat stabbing thing

release rumble was broken because the way flamespitter ticked on targets was completely hosed. If you took the time to practice, like, a decently large amount of time, you could get excellent results, but since hitting people with his skills was such a crapshoot for people trying him out for the first time, nobody cared.

Eventually there was a patch that made flamespitter hits more reliable, and changed nothing else about him. The result? Popularity, win rate, everything skyrockets, and then the series of nerfs that led to where he's at today.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Soraka is not a very good Zed counter. Her silence field takes a quarter second to take effect due to how recurring cc applies in league of legends, so zed can zip out to a shadow before he gets rooted. Her heals are also just that, heals, which is to say that they're not actually preventing zed's damage. If he sticks to a target long enough during the ultimate effect, Soraka can heal the victim to full health in the meantime and they'll end up taking a zillion damage from the death mark delayed effect and dying anyway. If you want to deal with Zed from the support position, you'd be much better off as Janna or Braum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

How Rude posted:

It sounds like you need to focus on waiting for the enemy adc to try to last hit one of your creeps so they aren't so deep in their creep line that you take aggro from all their creeps and eat a lot of damage in return.
This is the number one tip for all ad carry and support players. Carries are 100% predictable and unable to respond while they are autoattacking a creep, and that's the time to aim skillshots, attack them, and apply pressure. If they respond to the pressure, they give up on finishing the autoattack and miss a creep. If they finish killing the creep, your skillshots and attacks hit and they lose a bunch of health in the exchange.

The trick is that carries generally hang out slightly beyond their autoattack range of the minion wave, and then when a creep is low on health, they move in to kill it. When a carry starts walking toward a low health creep, that's your chance to strike.

• Locked thread